inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is getting dumped cool in the '00s?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 3:05 am

It seems like all the emo kids want to get dumped as many times as possible  ;D

Subject: Re: Is getting dumped cool in the '00s?

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/06 at 2:03 pm

I haven't noticed this.. I notice they make a big deal of every relationship... how in love they are every single update of their blogs or display names.. but they don't popularize breakups much.

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/15/06 at 2:06 pm

I've never seen or heard anything about being dumped being cool.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/15/06 at 8:17 pm

being dumped in ANY decade, sucks.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 8:17 pm

being dumped in ANY decade, sucks.

Unless you're emo. They make games about being dumped  ;D

No I'm just being dumb.  :D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/15/06 at 8:19 pm

I don't think getting dumped is ever cool. 

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 4:44 am

Stupid as your question sounds, I think you raise a valid point. It shows you have incisive judgement. It's no so much about wanting to get dumped (though that's what you might have meant) but wanting to pull out the 'cred' by showing your arm and boasting how many burn marks you have from what a terrible, unfair life you've lead. Emo people want to seem 'tough' whining about some past wrong, but usually end up looking even more sooky. lol

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 10:47 am

Stupid as your question sounds, I think you raise a valid point. It shows you have incisive judgement. It's no so much about wanting to get dumped (though that's what you might have meant) but wanting to pull out the 'cred' by showing your arm and boasting how many burn marks you have from what a terrible, unfair life you've lead. Emo people want to seem 'tough' whining about some past wrong, but usually end up looking even more sooky. lol

Yeah exactly.  They don't like getting dumped, but they like the idea of heartbreak.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 10:52 am

Yeah exactly.  They don't like getting dumped, but they like the idea of heartbreak.

It's their goth heritage. Being depressed is in again, I suppose. No, let me re-phrase that. 'Looking' like you're depressed, while feeling like sunshine and roses inside, is cool again.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 10:53 am

It's their goth heritage. Being depressed is in again, I suppose. No, let me re-phrase that. 'Looking' like you're depressed, while feeling like sunshine and roses inside, is cool again.

Yes, EXACTLY.

Now me, I'm the opposite. I'm depressed, but look good on the outside. Go figure.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 10:56 am

Yes, EXACTLY.

Now me, I'm the opposite. I'm depressed, but look good on the outside. Go figure.

Same 'ere, but I have my reasons. What have you got to be depressed about?  ;)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 10:57 am

Same 'ere, but I have my reasons. What have you got to be depressed about?  ;)

It's confidential.  But I'll say that I am insane, but I think some of my insanity is based on reality. Like Donnie Darko.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/16/06 at 4:55 pm

I don't think that being dumped is cool.  Iit hurts, it's depressing, and plus for some it takes quite awhile to get over.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/16/06 at 9:35 pm

One of life's most important lessons is learning how not to give a sh!t what's cool. If you don't learn it, you will forever be a marketing demographic. The only reason "cool" exists today is to sell you crap you don't need. That's what commercial media is all about.

Is getting dumped cool? What kind of idiotic question is that?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/confused3.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...