inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Most '00s music genre?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 3:53 pm

I'd say Glam Rap. Although Emo is dang close.

Subject: Re: Most '00s music genre?

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 3:57 pm

It has to be glam rap. Emo is close but not close enough, lol.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 3:58 pm

It has to be glam rap. Emo is close but not close enough, lol.

Yeah, because Hip Hop is everything in the '00s. Even the '90s, which were loaded with hip hop seem void of it compared to the '00s.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 3:59 pm

Yeah, because Hip Hop is everything in the '00s. Even the '90s, which were loaded with hip hop seem void of it compared to the '00s.

Yeah the '90s had much more diversity in the charts, now the hot 100 is similar to the hip-hop chart really.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 4:02 pm

Yeah the '90s had much more diversity in the charts, now the hot 100 is similar to the hip-hop chart really.

I think this had to do with the more limited ways of getting music in the '90s. Today you don't even need a radio.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 4:04 pm

I think this had to do with the more limited ways of getting music in the '90s. Today you don't even need a radio.

I just think it's something that just built up throughout the '90s, hip-hop slowly took over more and more and eventually by 2003 had taken over most of the pop charts.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 4:05 pm

I just think it's something that just built up throughout the '90s, hip-hop slowly took over more and more and eventually by 2003 had taken over most of the pop charts.

I agree. I'd say in 1989 hip hop became mainstream, but it wasn't until 2002 that it really became more popular than rock.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 4:09 pm

I agree. I'd say in 1989 hip hop became mainstream, but it wasn't until 2002 that it really became more popular than rock.

Yea rock was still fairly popular in the early '00s, I remember a number of alternative hits from that time. Now a lot of the alternative is unfortunately emo crap.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 4:10 pm

Yea rock was still fairly popular in the early '00s, I remember a number of alternative hits from that time. Now a lot of the alternative is unfortunately emo crap.

Would you say numetal was made to appeal to hip hop kids?

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 4:11 pm

Would you say numetal was made to appeal to hip hop kids?

Of course, nu metal is definitely influenced by hip-hop. Look at Linkin Park, a lot of the hip-hop fans like them because they're so influenced by hip-hop.

Written By: HunkyDory on 05/15/06 at 4:28 pm

Glam rap

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 4:28 pm

Of course, nu metal is definitely influenced by hip-hop. Look at Linkin Park, a lot of the hip-hop fans like them because they're so influenced by hip-hop.

LP are like a fusion of numetal, hip hop, synth-rock and screamo.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 4:29 pm

LP are like a fusion of numetal, hip hop, synth-rock and screamo.

Yea they're a little of everything, lol.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 4:31 pm

Yea they're a little of everything, lol.

Which is part of why I like them.  They have the squareness of Mr. Hahn, the flyness of Shinoda, the emoness of Chester, and help from the three other guys  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 4:39 pm

Which is part of why I like them.  They have the squareness of Mr. Hahn, the flyness of Shinoda, the emoness of Chester, and help from the three other guys  ;D

lol. I like them too. Everybody in my class loved them circa. late 01-early 02.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 4:46 pm

lol. I like them too. Everybody in my class loved them circa. late 01-early 02.

Didn't it seem like Reanimation created a backlash against them? Which really wasn't fair, because it was a good project CD.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/15/06 at 8:57 pm

I think it's glam rap, it's really the soundtrack of this decade and the most heavily symbolic of it.

Check for new replies or respond here...