inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gen Y Tribes

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 6:56 pm

X/Y Border Clan: Late 1977 - Mid 1981
Cold Y Clan: Late 1981 - Mid 1985
Hipster Clan: Late 1985 - Mid 1989
Emo Clan: Late 1989 - Mid 1993
Last Clan: Late 1993 - Mid 1995
Y/Z Clan: Late 1995 - Mid 1997

Subject: Re: Gen Y Tribes

Written By: Ebontyne on 05/15/06 at 7:06 pm

What does it mean to be "Cold" Y though? I'm curious 'cause according to you, I'm in the middle of that category. :)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 7:07 pm

What does it mean to be "Cold" Y though? I'm curious 'cause according to you, I'm in the middle of that category. :)

It means you're the part of Y old enough to know the Cold War era.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 7:10 pm

X/Y is the '90s generation. Cold Y is late '90s/early '00s, and spent some of their little kid years in the '80s. The hipster clan centers around the early '00s (because my older brother was born in 1988, I consider myself an "adopted" member of this part of Y). The emo clan centers around the mid '00s. The Last Clan is the part of Gen Y too old to be Gen Z. The X/Z cusp are the current little kids.

Written By: Ebontyne on 05/15/06 at 7:18 pm

It means you're the part of Y old enough to know the Cold War era.

Oh! I think that's the second dumb question I've asked you that had something to do with the Cold War or the Soviet Union. Maybe I should start making a tradition out of it. ;)

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 7:18 pm

And how exactly do you know any of these to be True?  I mean, I hate to bring up Age, but for someone born in 1990, I can't imagine how you could know this stuff to such a degree and such detail

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 7:19 pm

And how exactly do you know any of these to be True?  I mean, I hate to bring up Age, but for someone born in 1990, I can't imagine how you could know this stuff to such a degree and such detail

It's just his opinion, like just about everything else posted on here, all opinion.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 7:20 pm

Well it's not firsthand experience ... doesn't research count?  After all I think about this stuff all the time.  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/15/06 at 7:21 pm

Yeah, because someone born in 1990 knows nothing. 

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 7:24 pm

Yeah, because someone born in 1990 knows nothing. 

Oh Looky, the Smart Ellic returns  ::)

Did I say that someone born in 1990 knows nothng?  No, I didn't.  I was asking how someone from 1990 could know so much about the different "Era's" of Generations and such from the Late '70s and forward.  I don't even see how "research" can help you out in something like that

So quit putting words in my mouth, ignorant ass

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 7:25 pm

Did I say that someone born in 1990 knows nothng?  No, I didn't.  I was asking how someone from 1990 could know so much about the different "Era's" of Generations and such from the Late '70s and forward.  I don't even see how "research" can help you out in something like that

Don't get me wrong, 5.19.86, you're a cool guy, but for a self-proclaimed hater of the arrogant, that's pretty arrogant.  :-\\

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 7:27 pm

Don't get me wrong, 5.19.86, you're a cool guy, but for a self-proclaimed hater of the arrogant, that's pretty arrogant.  :-\\

There's nothing arrogant about that.  I didn't claim that I know anything about the Era's of Generations or anyone else from 1986.  You would probably have to be from the '70s to have a better view about this stuff

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 7:29 pm

There's nothing arrogant about that.  I didn't claim that I know anything about the Era's of Generations or anyone else from 1986.  You would probably have to be from the '70s to have a better view about this stuff

So how do we have people teaching history and about prehistoric eras, may as well not say anything about the past since all those people that lived it are dead now. Everybody can analyze the past you don't need to live it.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 7:29 pm

Sorry. I'm not offended or anything  :)

But yes, you are right to some extent ... some of it is kind of pulled out of my ass.   ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 7:31 pm

Sorry. I'm not offended or anything  :)

But yes, you are right to some extent ... some of it is kind of pulled out of my ass.  ;D

Most stuff on here is like that, including what 5 19 86 says and myself as well. Can't get too worked up over a message board.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 7:32 pm

Most stuff on here is like that, including what 5 19 86 says and myself as well. Can't get too worked up over a message board.

I'm cool. You guys are great :)

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 7:32 pm

So how do we have people teaching history and about prehistoric eras, may as well not say anything about the past since all those people that lived it are dead now. Everybody can analyze the past you don't need to live it.

Oh Lord  ::)

I didn't mean you have to "Live" it. But I can't imagine how a Teenager could know exactly what era is where.  I doubt Teachers are teaching kids these days that Late 1981 to Mid 1985 is the "Cold Y" Era

I Love how everyone on this board takes everything I say out of context

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 7:34 pm

Oh Lord  ::)

I didn't mean you have to "Live" it. But I can't imagine how a Teenager could know exactly what era is where.  I doubt Teachers are teaching kids these days that Late 1981 to Mid 1985 is the "Cold Y" Era

I Love how everyone on this board takes everything I say out of context

Again, who cares. You get too excited over nothing, it's a stupid message board not written in stone. We all have different opinions.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 7:36 pm

Again, who cares. You get too excited over nothing, it's a stupid message board not written in stone. We all have different opinions.

I wasn't even arguing with you or Donnie.  I was arguing with that "Sister Morphene" who intends on being a Smartass everytime she replies to one of my messages.  Aren't I entitled to be a Smartass right back?  I think so.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/15/06 at 7:37 pm

Interesting.  Why do you call these "tribes" btw?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 7:38 pm

Interesting.  Why do you call these "tribes" btw?

Because they all seem like their own "people".

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 7:40 pm

I don't know why, but I always assumed that people in the "Gen Y" category were people born in the Late '80s (And who are still Teenagers today)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/15/06 at 7:41 pm

Because they all seem like their own "people".

Ah, okay.  Do you think they sort of "barter" with the other "tribes" you described, too?  Or do you think of these people as more isolated from each other since they are perceived to be so different?

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 7:42 pm

I don't know why, but I always assumed that people in the "Gen Y" category were people born in the Late '80s (And who are still Teenagers today)

Late '80s is peak Y so that makes sense. Gen Y is generally everybody 10-25 or so.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 7:43 pm

So 1990ers are Gen Z, the same gen as the babies born today? Late '80s is the absolute peak, but mid '80s and early '90s are completely Y also. Early '80s and mid '90s probably count too.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 7:44 pm

So 1990ers are Gen Z, the same gen as the babies born today? Late '80s is the absolute peak, but mid '80s and early '90s are completely Y also. Early '80s and mid '90s probably count too.

Early '80s is definitely y as well. Everybody 1982 + is definitely y in my opinion.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 7:45 pm

Early '80s is definitely y as well. Everybody 1982 + is definitely y in my opinion.

I like the definition of late 1981 - mid 1995. If you had any high school in the '00s, IMO you're Gen Y.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 7:46 pm

Ugh, I'd hate to consider myself a Gen Y'er, considering I absolutely have a strong dislike for alot of Gen Y'ers and their Attitudes  :-\\

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/15/06 at 7:47 pm

In one of my history courses, we were discussing something akin to what you are talking about in this thread.

October 29, 1929 to August 15, 1945:  Anyone born between these dates (I might have messed them up but it's ballpark) were considered the old-timers in the "Silent Generation".  I forgot exactly why they call it that, but it may have something to do with the fact that not too much happened during this period of American history other than a lot of people trying not to be poor.  Of course, the tail end of this era was WWII, so that wasn't really THAT silent...

August 15, 1945 to November 22, 1963:  Anyone born between these dates were part of the Baby Boomer generation.  That's because all the solja boyz, upon returning from protecting our freedoms and bombing the shiitake out of Japan, decided they needed some and lots of babies were born :D  I'm not sure why they used JFK's assassination as a breakpoint, maybe because it was one of the highlights during the Civil Rights Movement...?

November 22, 1963 to present:  These were the latch-key kids.  I think they call them this because by this period, women were getting increasingly numerous in the workplace, which led to a lot of single-parent and two-working-parents homes and thus the children had to be given a key to get into the house.

Of course, they could probably have a breakpoint around Gulf War I or 9/11 as well, but that's what I recall.  I guess it's pretty accurate.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 7:48 pm

Ugh, I'd hate to consider myself a Gen Y'er, considering I absolutely have a strong dislike for alot of Gen Y'ers and their Attitudes  :-\\

Oh, you mean Gen Y STARTS in the late '80s? I'd say 1985 is the last year that could claim X. I'm not a huge fan of Gen Y either :)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 7:49 pm

In one of my history courses, we were discussing something akin to what you are talking about in this thread.

October 29, 1929 to August 15, 1945:  Anyone born between these dates (I might have messed them up but it's ballpark) were considered the old-timers in the "Silent Generation".  I forgot exactly why they call it that, but it may have something to do with the fact that not too much happened during this period of American history other than a lot of people trying not to be poor.  Of course, the tail end of this era was WWII, so that wasn't really THAT silent...

August 15, 1945 to November 22, 1963:  Anyone born between these dates were part of the Baby Boomer generation.  That's because all the solja boyz, upon returning from protecting our freedoms and bombing the shiitake out of Japan, decided they needed some and lots of babies were born :D  I'm not sure why they used JFK's assassination as a breakpoint, maybe because it was one of the highlights during the Civil Rights Movement...?

November 22, 1963 to present:  These were the latch-key kids.  I think they call them this because by this period, women were getting increasingly numerous in the workplace, which led to a lot of single-parent and two-working-parents homes and thus the children had to be given a key to get into the house.

Of course, they could probably have a breakpoint around Gulf War I or 9/11 as well, but that's what I recall.  I guess it's pretty accurate.

In my opinion:

Silent Generation: 1929-1945
Baby Boomers: 1946-1963
Gen X: 1964-1981
Gen Y: 1982-1995
Gen Z: 1996-2012

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 7:49 pm

You don't have to, but you're well within the age span. Most people could care less about generations.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/15/06 at 7:50 pm

Gasp!  I'm Gen X!  :o

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 7:51 pm

Gasp!  I'm Gen X!  :o

What year are you?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/15/06 at 7:51 pm

It's "smart aleck".  If you're going to call someone something, at least get it right.  Also, calling me an ignorant ass doesn't make you look "cool" or "smart" or anything else of that ilk.  It makes you look like a assbag.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/15/06 at 7:51 pm

I was born in 1979 :)

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 8:00 pm

It's "smart aleck".  If you're going to call someone something, at least get it right.  Also, calling me an ignorant ass doesn't make you look "cool" or "smart" or anything else of that ilk.

No, but I'm sure it gets the point across, which was my goal

It makes you look like a assbag.

What a contradiction.  I guess calling me an "Assbag" makes you "Cool" and "Smart" though?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/15/06 at 8:12 pm

What a contradiction.  I guess calling me an "Assbag" makes you "Cool" and "Smart" though?

Nope.  I didn't say anything to you that precipitated you insulting me in your post.  You just felt like doing it.  There's no excuse for that.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 8:18 pm

Oh of course.  I'm a Horrible human being and I'm going to burn in Hell

Now DROP IT already.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/15/06 at 8:19 pm

Oh of course.  I'm a Horrible human being and I'm going to burn in Hell

Now DROP IT already.

Hmm, I don't recall insinuating that.  Interesting you choose to think that, though.  And don't tell me what to do.  You aren't older than me and you sure as hell aren't in a position of authority over me.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 8:19 pm

Is this the new Crazymom/Harmonica?  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/15/06 at 8:22 pm

Is this the new Crazymom/Harmonica?  ;D

No, someone who's going to call me an "ignorant ass" for nothing.......not really worth the time.  I'm done with him now.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 8:23 pm

No, someone who's going to call me an "ignorant ass" for nothing.......not really worth the time.  I'm done with him now.

Good. I know you're beyond that anyway :)

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 8:26 pm

Apparently you refuse to end the argument, so i'll stoop to your level

Nope.  I didn't say anything to you that precipitated you insulting me in your post.  You just felt like doing it.  There's no excuse for that.

Oh Right, I had absolutely no motivation for calling you an "Ignorant Ass', I just did it for kicks.  I had a reason to call you an Ignorant Ass, because that's how you have acted towards me in pretty much every post you have made replying to me.  I've also seen alot of your other posts and you always have a temper over something.  My opinion is that you are an "Ignorant Ass".  So quit trying to make it sound as if i'm a horrible human being for labeling you that.

Hmm, I don't recall insinuating that.  Interesting you choose to think that, though.  And don't tell me what to do.  You aren't older than me and you sure as hell aren't in a position of authority over me.

No one is telling you what to do.  Surely you've heard someone say "Drop it already" in ana rgument.  It's not like they are holding a Gun to your head telling you to drop it.  I just wish you'd be a little more classy and drop this ridiculous crap.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 8:27 pm

Good. I know you're beyond that anyway :)

So you go from kissing my ass to kissing her ass?  make up your mind  ::)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 8:28 pm

So you go from kissing my ass to kissing her ass?  make up your mind  ::)

I like both of you. However I don't like how you guys are treating each other. But why does my opinion matter? :)

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 8:30 pm

Right, just keep on Bullying people on a Message Board and when someone calls you out for it, just turn it around and claim that they insulted you for no reason

Hypocrite.  You truly are amazing, in a Bad way

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 8:37 pm

Just one more thing I have to add.

If this situation were in reverse, it would go the exact same way that it is right now.  If I were to reply to a random post from "Sister Morphine" in a "Smartass Manner".  She surely would have been pissed off as well and would have insulted me in her next post for it.  I know how she is.  She wouldn't just let it go and not reply or just reply in a nice manner.  She would have been equally as pissed

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/15/06 at 8:38 pm

So.......this thread is about the Gen Y Tribes, correct?  What do we think about that?

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 8:39 pm

See what I mean?  ;D

Truly Amazing.

btw, I'm glad to be a supposed "Hipster" since i'm from that era  8)

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/15/06 at 8:40 pm

I think it's like this, this comes from my personal experience...

Late 1981-Mid 1985: The Y2K tribe.
Late 1985-Mid 1990: The peak Y, came of age post 9/11, like 2002-2006.
Late 1990-Mid 1992: Emo without hipsterism.
Late 1992-Mid 1995: The late Y group...think of them as "Y" without Y2K era experience.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/15/06 at 8:41 pm

See what I mean?  ;D

Truly Amazing.

btw, I'm glad to be a supposed "Hipster" since i'm from that era  8)

No, I want this thread to get back on topic.  This petty bullsh*t has no place here.  So we're moving on now.  You have a problem with me, take it to PMs.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 8:42 pm

I think it's like this, this comes from my personal experience...

Late 1981-Mid 1985: The Y2K tribe.
Late 1985-Mid 1990: The peak Y, came of age post 9/11, like 2002-2006.
Late 1990-Mid 1992: Emo without hipsterism.
Late 1992-Mid 1995: The late Y group...think of them as "Y" without Y2K era experience.

I'd agree with that.  So you'd agree that Gen Y extends to mid-1995 now? I think the first Z year is 1995-1996 because they would start high school in 2010.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 8:43 pm

No, I want this thread to get back on topic.  This petty bullsh*t has no place here.  So we're moving on now.  You have a problem with me, take it to PMs.

This is obviously something you could have sent me in a PM, Sweetie  ;)

And it was on Topic until you steered it off track with your attitude  :-X

Anyway, Back on Topic...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/15/06 at 8:46 pm

I'd agree with that.  So you'd agree that Gen Y extends to mid-1995 now? I think the first Z year is 1995-1996 because they would start high school in 2010.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.  They don't really remember the whole decade.  Their first real memory probably wouldn't come until 1998 or 1999.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/15/06 at 8:49 pm

Yeah, I'd agree with that now since meeting more people born c. 1993...they seem like the beginning of a different little tribe of people coming of age between 2009 and 2011, and they seem even different from 1991-1992. Like they seem to love '90s alt rock and classic rock.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 8:52 pm

Yeah, I'd agree with that now since meeting more people born c. 1993...they seem like the beginning of a different little tribe of people coming of age between 2009 and 2011, and they seem even different from 1991-1992. Like they seem to love '90s alt rock and classic rock.

Oh yeah ... the Spencer Breslin generation? People born like 1991-1993? They seem to have a more independent, hippie-ish spirit than core Gen Y.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 8:54 pm

From my experience in life, I tend to think that my generation is different from those Born after 1988 (Who are about 16 or 17 today)

I just feel as if people born around the same time as me are not into the same things people born in 89 and after are.  And we had a little more of an identity through the '90s and remembered it more and mourne for it alot more, while people from '89 and after are more into the '00s stuff

That's my opinion though

Written By: Ebontyne on 05/15/06 at 8:55 pm

Ooh .. I'm caught up in the middle of a fight .... 'seconds out, round 2 !) ..

Anyway, all this talk about Gen X-Z .... I wonder about the people at the forefront of gen Y .... I wonder if they are into these .....

The people I identify and connect with most are those that I've grown up with -- people born in the early '80s. But people born in the late '80s and especially the early '90s feel really "young" to me; I might be able to connect with them as cool, smart, and interesting individuals, of course, but not really as a group of people. High school feels like forever ago to me, whereas they're in the thick of it... and I think that our childhood memories and current life experience would be quite different.

I don't mind being lumped in with "Generation Y" though. I just don't really care that much. ;)

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/15/06 at 8:59 pm

From my experience in life, I tend to think that my generation is different from those Born after 1988 (Who are about 16 or 17 today)

I just feel as if people born around the same time as me are not into the same things people born in 89 and after are.  And we had a little more of an identity through the '90s and remembered it more and mourne for it alot more, while people from '89 and after are more into the '00s stuff

That's my opinion though

Um, excuse me, we mourn the late '90s a ton.

The late Y, like late 1992-mid 1995, definitely DO seem more independent and hippieish, even more so than the 1991-1992 group.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 9:10 pm

Oh yeah ... the Spencer Breslin generation? People born like 1991-1993? They seem to have a more independent, hippie-ish spirit than core Gen Y.

lol, the Spencer Breslin generation?  ;D

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/15/06 at 9:14 pm

lol, the Spencer Breslin generation?  ;D

Who's Spencer Breslin?

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 9:16 pm

Who's Spencer Breslin?

He was that kid in that Cat in the Hat movie I think.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 9:19 pm

The late Y, like late 1992-mid 1995, definitely DO seem more independent and hippieish, even more so than the 1991-1992 group.

Um, excuse me, not as much as us '86ers do!  :P

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 9:19 pm

Um, excuse me, not as much as us '86ers do!  :P

or us '87ers, lol.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 9:21 pm

or us '87ers, lol.

Indeed  8)

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 9:23 pm

Indeed  8)

The late '90s seem like heaven in a lot of ways compared to today, the early '00s weren't bad either. The mid '00s aren't so great.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 9:29 pm

The late '90s seem like heaven in a lot of ways compared to today, the early '00s weren't bad either. The mid '00s aren't so great.

Agreed. I'll be 20 Years Old in 4 Days, and life just absolutely sucks at this age.  I so wish I were a Kid again.  Being an Adult in the '00s isn't very fun at all

By the time you '90ers reach 19/20 years old, you'll miss the '90s even more than you do now.  The older you get, the more nostalgic you become

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 9:34 pm

Agreed. I'll be 20 Years Old in 4 Days, and life just absolutely sucks at this age.  I so wish I were a Kid again.  Being an Adult in the '00s isn't very fun at all

By the time you '90ers reach 19/20 years old, you'll miss the '90s even more than you do now.  The older you get, the more nostalgic you become

I got 1 more year as a teen, lol. It seems like yesterday when I became one in 2000, time really goes fast doesn't it. I would give anything to go back to 97, but I'm looking forward to my 20s anyway. I've always liked the '90s, though in the last few year I've grown very nostalgic for the late '90s as well especially since I have such a good memory of them.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/15/06 at 9:40 pm

I got 1 more year as a teen, lol. It seems like yesterday when I became one in 2000, time really goes fast doesn't it. I would give anything to go back to 97, but I'm looking forward to my 20s anyway. I've always liked the '90s, though in the last few year I've grown very nostalgic for the late '90s as well especially since I have such a good memory of them.

Well, technically you're already an Adult since you're 19.  And yeah, time has gone extra fast in the '00s

1997 was a Great year for me as well.  Had alot of fun back then hanging out wth friends and all that stuff.  The year I miss the most though is 1995.  I had a friend at that time named Roberto (Who was about 2 or 3 years older than me) but we would play "Mortal Kombat" all the time on Weekends.  It was great hanging out with him.  He ended up moving around Early 1996 and I haven't seen him since

Alot of my friends from my childhood ended up moving away in the Late '90s.  All of the friends I have today are friends I made back in the Early '00s, because all of my other friends moved to different states and I haven't seen or heard from them ever since

Just another reason why I miss the '90s even more

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/06 at 9:46 pm

Well, technically you're already an Adult since you're 19.  And yeah, time has gone extra fast in the '00s

1997 was a Great year for me as well.  Had alot of fun back then hanging out wth friends and all that stuff.  The year I miss the most though is 1995.  I had a friend at that time named Roberto (Who was about 2 or 3 years older than me) but we would play "Mortal Kombat" all the time on Weekends.  It was great hanging out with him.  He ended up moving around Early 1996 and I haven't seen him since

Alot of my friends from my childhood ended up moving away in the Late '90s.  All of the friends I have today are friends I made back in the Early '00s, because all of my other friends moved to different states and I haven't seen or heard from them ever since

1997 started off crappy with my grandpa dying in March, but the summer was a lot of fun because I went to alaska that year, my brother who's like 17 years older than I was still in the army back then and we went up to visit. It's truly an amazing place and I'll never forget it. Then the Indians were in the World Series in the fall and I attended game 3, which was awesome even though we lost, lol.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 7:10 am

The 'video games after school' ritual seems like a distinctly early Gen Y. They may remember the music, they may remember even the politics, but they'll almost certainly never taking a fresh, new SNES out of the box, and thinking it was the most awesome thing man has invented. Now, THAT is something the Donnie Darko's of this world will never really understand!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/16/06 at 7:34 am

I guess I would be a Gen X, since I was born in early 1977.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 7:38 am

I'm an early Hipster, apparently. Woo!!!

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 9:09 am

I don't really think 1991ers and later are generally much in touch with a musical or any other sort of culture aside from that of their immediate age. They're still a bit young to really 'take' to any ethos.

Check for new replies or respond here...