inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: '00s band influenced by Talking Heads

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 8:53 pm

Modest Mouse
Arcade Fire
Franz Ferdinand
The Strokes

Subject: Re: '00s band influenced by Talking Heads

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/06 at 8:56 pm

I don't see it in Franz Ferdinand or The Strokes.. The Strokes just rip EVERYONE off, though, so it's possible.

The Talking Heads have really influenced EMO, like it or not.. you can hear it a little on Death Cab For Cutie, a LOT on Clap Your Hands And Say "Yeah"

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/15/06 at 8:57 pm

I don't see it in Franz Ferdinand or The Strokes.. The Strokes just rip EVERYONE off, though, so it's possible.

The Talking Heads have really influenced EMO, like it or not.. you can hear it a little on Death Cab For Cutie, a LOT on Clap Your Hands And Say "Yeah"

I actually hear a lot of New Order in Death Cab...

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/15/06 at 9:00 pm

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.

And thank you for saying the Strokes rip off everyone.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 4:50 am

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.

And thank you for saying the Strokes rip off everyone.

And so what if they do? The Beatles did, Dylan did, Madonna did, for God's sake, it annoys me when people flag off people for 'ripping others off.' Unless you're talking about straight out plagiarism, then all artists rip off others to varying extents. The Strokes did rip off 70s garage punk.etc, but are more original than at least HALF or more the bands out there, and now how to pump out a damn good tune while they're at it. Yes, sure they've literally ripped off other artists on occasion (Barry Manilow among them), but I think they're getting especially targeted because of their heralded titiledge, 'Saviours of Rock 'n' Roll.' No, they aren't the Sex Pistols of the 21st century, but yes, they are a very good rock band.

Check for new replies or respond here...