inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV shows that have gone down the hill

Written By: Schillingfan on 05/20/06 at 1:23 am

1. America's Most Wanted- to me, they kinda lost what I liked about the show- now- it's mostly just them giving airtime to fugitives and not giving enough publicity to missing adults and kids- that's what was good about it, was when they put all 3 types on the whole show. Another thing- John Walsh should cut back on the usage of words like "scumbag" and similar words on EVERY AMW episode that's being shown- he needs to start using other insults to describe these fugitives...

2. The Surreal Life- season 5 was the only time that I actually liked the show

Subject: Re: TV shows that have gone down the hill

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/20/06 at 4:09 am

CSI - maybe it's just my interest that has gone, when it started it was pretty good stuff. Now, you have every other TV series copying it.

Written By: Apricot on 05/20/06 at 9:23 am

Daaaaah, "The Simpsons" has gone downhill since it's heyday back in the late 90s to early 00s. But then, it's been around a LONG time, so I'll cut it a break.

Lately, "Family Guy" seems like it's trying too hard to be offensive.. so it's going downhill, too.

Freakin' FOX Network..

Written By: Apricot on 05/20/06 at 9:25 am

Oh yeah, I forgot "Malcolm In The Middle".. the last episodes couldn't hold any semblance of a torch to the old days.. I'm kinda glad they ended it before we all loathed it.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/20/06 at 11:26 am

The Simpsons, since late 1998 or so, has been steadily going down hill.
Family Guy and South Park, into being offensive beyond belief and humor.
Desperate Housewives, since season 1.

Written By: 1993 on 05/20/06 at 1:30 pm

The Simpsons gradually since 1996 imho

Drew Carey show, decent for its first 3 seasons, miserable during its last SIX how it stayed afloat, I'll never know.

Married With Children since 1995

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/20/06 at 5:19 pm

The Real World.  I used to watch the show back in the early 90s when real people with real issues were on the show, but now it's a bunch of boozers and sluts and each season since probably 1995 or 1996 has just sucked tailpipe.

Check for new replies or respond here...