inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tactical Video Games outside the US.

Written By: Echo Nomad on 05/20/06 at 1:48 am

I'm a fan of tactical video games such as the Metal Gear, Syphon Filter, Parasite Eve, Splinter Cell, Tom Clancy games ect.The United States is known (along with all places such oddly as Switzerland) as a nation that really loves their guns. I was wondering in places like Japan, Australia, Canada, and England if violent or gun heavy games do as well or are even allowed?

Subject: Re: Tactical Video Games outside the US.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/20/06 at 1:53 am

I'm a fan of tactical video games such as the Metal Gear, Syphon Filter, Parasite Eve, Splinter Cell, Tom Clancy games ect.The United States is known (along with all places such oddly as Switzerland) as a nation that really loves their guns. I was wondering in places like Japan, Australia, Canada, and England if violent or gun heavy games do as well or are even allowed?

No, cos we're smart enough to know that it's JUST A GAME! lol

Subject: Re: Tactical Video Games outside the US.

Written By: Echo Nomad on 05/21/06 at 12:04 am

No, cos we're smart enough to know that it's JUST A GAME! lol

Just a game!? Why, if it weren't for my Au300 with thermal scope, I wouldn't have been able to defeat that evil super villian and his army of ski mask and camo wearing henchman last Tuesday!  ;D

Actually I should also include shooters like the Medal of Honor, Doom, and other type series of games.

Check for new replies or respond here...