inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Love the '00s

Written By: Wiz83 on 05/25/06 at 7:01 pm

In 15-20 years when VH1 does I Love the '00s, here's a likely intro:

So you think your an '00s fan?  Okay then Frodo Baggins, can you handle this?  It's I Love the '00s and this is 2001.  The hits, the fashions.  A totally shizznitt year that gave us these burning questions:

What was the philosophy of life according to Jackass?

"Man, I was a fanatic follower of that show.  I have the stitches and cracked skull to prove it!"

Was Pearl Harbor a bomb or da bomb?

"When it turned out Affleck didn't die, that ruined the whole movie for me.  No hard feelings Ben my man."

Because you love the '00s.  Because you still like to take out your 'ol Harry Potter wand and cape for a little sexy roleplay with your girlfriend, admit it!  This is I Love 2001.

Subject: Re: I Love the '00s

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/25/06 at 8:22 pm

Because you love the '00s.  Because you still like to take out your 'ol Harry Potter wand and cape for a little sexy roleplay with your girlfriend, admit it!  This is I Love 2001.

Jackass:  Bloodhound Gang sang it best.  "Like that dude in Tienanmen Square"

Pearl Harbor:  Sorry, the bomb.  Anyone wanting some WW2 action, see the 1976 movie Midway.  As historically accurate as you're likely to get in a movie.

Harry Potter:  Do not scan any of the novels from print to text, and search/replace "wand" for a word spelled "dubya ay enn gee", and then attempt to read the resulting book.  Unless you're over 21, and have consumed at least three drinks' worth of alcohol as a buffer.  Don't even google it.  You were warned.

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/25/06 at 9:21 pm

I think those series will come on vh-1 in the Early 10's. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do each of these years.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/25/06 at 10:28 pm

Anyone wanna bet they'll do it in 2010?  ;D

Written By: sonikuu on 05/26/06 at 3:02 am

Wouldn't surprise me.  They already have a show where they recap the previous week.

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/04/06 at 11:09 am

I can just see how they will do the "I Love the 00's: 2004" episode when they show clips from The Passion of the Christ and have "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West playing during the clips and commentary.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/04/06 at 11:15 am

2006: Sudoku, Daniel Powter, S.O.S. and Rihanna, Dreamgirls....

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/05/06 at 3:46 pm

lol ;D Yeah, they did I Love the '90s in 2004, so I'll give them the benifit of the doubt and say they'll make it to 2015 this time.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/05/06 at 3:47 pm

lol ;D Yeah, they did I Love the '90s in 2004, so I'll give them the benifit of the doubt and say they'll make it to 2015 this time.

;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/05/06 at 3:47 pm

You know what? I say December 2009!  ;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/05/06 at 3:50 pm

You know what? I say December 2009!  ;D

;D I sure hope not. Once the '00s are over I don't want to hear anything from them for at least 20 years ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/05/06 at 3:57 pm

;D I sure hope not. Once the '00s are over I don't want to hear anything from them for at least 20 years ;D

;D

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/05/06 at 9:44 pm

Here's what I think will be in "I Love the 00's: 2005":

The flicks:
-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
-Hitch
-Crash
-Sin City
-Wedding Crashers
-Batman Begins
-40 Year Old Virgin
-War of the Worlds
-Brokeback Mountain

The fashion:
-Rainbow colored clothes and earth tone

The trends:
-PSP and XBox 360

The tunes:
-Mariah Carey
-Kanye West
-Gwen Stefani
-Pussycat Dolls
-Green Day

The TV:
-Everybody Hates Chris
-Mind of Mencia
-The War at Home
-Stacked
-American Dad
-Prison Break
-Deal or No Deal
-So You Think You Can Dance

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/05/06 at 9:48 pm

I also think the theme will look like a MySpace page, and maybe the title will be in big gold characters to represent the "bling-bling", and the theme music will be 00's hip-hop style. It may also flash an iPod on the screen, and camera/video cell phones.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/06/06 at 4:00 pm

Don't forget the iPod...

Written By: MtOlivePickles on 06/29/06 at 4:08 pm

In 15-20 years when VH1 does I Love the '00s, here's a likely intro:

So you think your an '00s fan?  Okay then Frodo Baggins, can you handle this?  It's I Love the '00s and this is 2001.  The hits, the fashions.  A totally shizznitt year that gave us these burning questions:

"Man, I was a fanatic follower of that show.  I have the stitches and cracked skull to prove it!"

"When it turned out Affleck didn't die, that ruined the whole movie for me.  No hard feelings Ben my man."

Classic! ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...