inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Breakfast Club (remade for 2005)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/29/06 at 12:34 am

Here's how I would make it:

The "jerk" (Bender): Played by Shia LeBeouf. Likes nu metal like Limp Bizkit, and has shaggy hair.
The "nerd" (Brian): Played by Jake Gyllenhaal. Likes Japanese anime and emo music.
The "princess" (Claire): Played by Mischa Barton. Is obsessed with The O.C., and dresses preppy.
The "jock" (can't remember his name): Played by Zac Efron.  ;D Likes glam rap and dresses wigger.
The "recluse" (Ally): Played by Lindsay Lohan. Is somewhat emo, wears black, has many body piercings.

The plot would be the same, but the jokes would be updated to fit the '00s.

Subject: Re: The Breakfast Club (remade for 2005)

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/29/06 at 12:36 am

They should remake that movie it would be cool.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/29/06 at 12:36 am

They should remake that movie it would be cool.

I'm surprised they haven't.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/29/06 at 12:39 am

I know me too, you can definitely make it to fit the '00s easily. It's a great movie though, very funny and teaches you a lot about the '80s high school enviroment.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/29/06 at 1:02 am

I would like to see an animated update based on Futurama.

Bender played by Bender
http://kazda.3web.cz/futurama/bender.jpg

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/29/06 at 1:06 am

I know I said I hadn't heard of this movie before, but from the description I now I believe I have indeed seen this movie, along time ago. lol. I just didn't know what it was called...I just remember Emilio Estevez from alot of movies made in the 80s like The Outsiders and a few others of that ilk.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/29/06 at 1:07 am

I know I said I hadn't heard of this movie before, but from the description I now I believe I have indeed seen this movie, along time ago. lol. I just didn't know what it was called...I just remember Emilio Estevez from alot of movies made in the 80s like The Outsiders and a few others of that ilk.

I first saw it (and heard of it really) in school back in 2003, my one teacher showed to us. I bought the movie not long after that.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/29/06 at 1:09 am

I first saw it (and heard of it really) in school back in 2003, my one teacher showed to us. I bought the movie not long after that.

Did you watch the Outsiders? When I was in High School we read the book and watched the film, which included such stars as Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, Emilio Estevez, lol.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/29/06 at 6:20 am

The "jerk" (Bender): Played by Shia LeBeouf. Likes nu metal like Limp Bizkit, and has shaggy hair.
The "nerd" (Brian): Played by Jake Gyllenhaal. Likes Japanese anime and emo music.
The "princess" (Claire): Played by Mischa Barton. Is obsessed with The O.C., and dresses preppy.
The "jock" (can't remember his name): Played by Zac Efron.  ;D Likes glam rap and dresses wigger.
The "recluse" (Ally): Played by Lindsay Lohan. Is somewhat emo, wears black, has many body piercings.

Don;t forget Adam Sandler and Steve Martin, the kings of cheesy remakes. ;)

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/29/06 at 9:02 am

Good work. Except the "jock" would probably be slightly frat preppie.

Written By: Bobby on 05/29/06 at 12:30 pm

Me too. However, I really do think some things should just stay in the past (with the obvious exception to the remake of King Kong).

Written By: Ebontyne on 05/29/06 at 5:45 pm

Me too. However, I really do think some things should just stay in the past (with the obvious exception to the remake of King Kong).

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of remakes.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/29/06 at 5:57 pm

Did you watch the Outsiders? When I was in High School we read the book and watched the film, which included such stars as Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, Emilio Estevez, lol.

No I haven't seen that one.

Written By: lizjagger on 05/29/06 at 6:10 pm

whew! For a second there, I thought this thread was about the ACTUAL remaking of the movie. In my opinion , that would be blasphemous. It should remain what it is - a timeless 80s film.

Written By: paradisecity on 05/30/06 at 8:35 am

whew! For a second there, I thought this thread was about the ACTUAL remaking of the movie. In my opinion , that would be blasphemous. It should remain what it is - a timeless 80s film.

Especially with Lohan in it.

I just hope they never have the idea of remaking the film, and definately not with her in it.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/30/06 at 9:07 am

All the S.E. Hinton novels were HUGELY popular for my age group when I was in Jr. High. Tex, Rumblefish, That Was Then...This Is Now, also got made into movies about the same time as The Outsiders, however The Outsiders was the only Hinton book that meant anything to me. I must have read it five or six times in the space of two years. So, of course the mvie disappointed me. Cinema is a different artform from literature, so we can't expect a movie to do for us the same thing a book can. The thing is, The Outsiders was a simple enough story to translate well to the screen. They had Francis Ford Coppala directing and a good cast, but the movie was still a dud, IMO.

Now, what Gary Sinise did with another one of my favorite short novels, Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, that was superb!

Written By: KKay on 05/30/06 at 9:18 am

Here's how I would make it: With inthe00s members....

How would you cast it then?

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/30/06 at 9:39 am

All the S.E. Hinton novels were HUGELY popular for my age group when I was in Jr. High. Tex, Rumblefish, That Was Then...This Is Now, also got made into movies about the same time as The Outsiders, however The Outsiders was the only Hinton book that meant anything to me. I must have read it five or six times in the space of two years. So, of course the mvie disappointed me. Cinema is a different artform from literature, so we can't expect a movie to do for us the same thing a book can. The thing is, The Outsiders was a simple enough story to translate well to the screen. They had Francis Ford Coppala directing and a good cast, but the movie was still a dud, IMO.

Now, what Gary Sinise did with another one of my favorite short novels, Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, that was superb!

Yeah, movies' never match your own interpretation of a novel when you read it...I remember the novel 'The Outsiders' also left an impression when I read it (I was 14). It was such a vivid time-capsule of a particular era - early 60s, Middle America, American Graffiti sort of era.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/30/06 at 9:45 am

Here's how I would make it: With inthe00s members....

How would you cast it then?

Can I be Carl the Janitor?

Written By: KKay on 05/30/06 at 10:01 am

Can I be Carl the Janitor?

Excellent.  I wanna be Allison's mother.

Check for new replies or respond here...