inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What 00's things will people be nostalgic for in 20 years?

Written By: sonikuu on 06/04/06 at 4:51 pm

We all know that decades have the tendency to make a comeback, usually twenty years after they occur.  There is always a big nostalgic movement two decades later (70s in 90s, 80s in 00s).  It's only natural that there will be 00's nostalgia in the 2020's.  So, what 00's things do you think people will be nostalgic for in the 2020s?  Keep in mind that time erases many things and that some of today's crap may be forgotten about in 20 years, just like how a lot of 80s crap has been forgotten.

Subject: Re: What 00's things will people be nostalgic for in 20 years?

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/04/06 at 6:20 pm

We all know that decades have the tendency to make a comeback, usually twenty years after they occur.  There is always a big nostalgic movement two decades later (70s in 90s, 80s in 00s).  It's only natural that there will be 00's nostalgia in the 2020's.  So, what 00's things do you think people will be nostalgic for in the 2020s?  Keep in mind that time erases many things and that some of today's crap may be forgotten about in 20 years, just like how a lot of 80s crap has been forgotten.

-All the fantasy/sci-fi blockbusters.
-TV shows like The O.C..
-"Silly" glam rap songs.
-The excitement over new technology like the iPod.
-Emo music and "indie" music and the associated image and lifestyle.
-The commercials.

Written By: Ebontyne on 06/04/06 at 6:32 pm

I think a lot of children today might develop a nostalgic attachment to Harry Potter when they become adults. :)

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/04/06 at 6:34 pm

I think there'll be alot of nostalgia for the fashion, as ridiculous and pretentious as most of it is.

Written By: sonikuu on 06/04/06 at 6:43 pm

I can't wait for people twenty years from now to talk about how "2020s music is horrible" and that "2000s music was way better."  Similar to how some of the kids at school are in love with the 80s.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/05/06 at 12:06 am

I think a lot of children today might develop a nostalgic attachment to Harry Potter when they become adults. :)

I agree :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/05/06 at 1:09 am

Actually doing things for yourself, instead of having a household full of robotic servants

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/05/06 at 2:57 am

Actually doing things for yourself, instead of having a household full of robotic servants

Not having flying cars ;)

Written By: Sugafairey on 06/05/06 at 7:19 am

Sex and the City.

People already are nostalgic for it!

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/05/06 at 12:05 pm

Trimac: stop overestimating technology! People thought we'd be living on the moon by the '80s in the '60s.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/05/06 at 2:17 pm

Trimac: stop overestimating technology! People thought we'd be living on the moon by the '80s in the '60s.

I guess I do over-estimate technology, Jimmy boy.  ;) ;) ;) But then again, one can't under-estimate technology, can they?

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/05/06 at 2:43 pm

I guess I do over-estimate technology, Jimmy boy.  ;) ;) ;) But then again, one can't under-estimate technology, can they?

Probably.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/05/06 at 2:46 pm

Precisely calculated to extrude the maximum annoyance.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/05/06 at 3:54 pm

-All the fantasy/sci-fi blockbusters.
-TV shows like The O.C..
-"Silly" glam rap songs.
-The excitement over new technology like the iPod.
-Emo music and "indie" music and the associated image and lifestyle.
-The commercials.

Yeah. All these things will defidently be retro in the 2020's. I can easily see a resurgence in wearing D4L t-shirts in 2026 ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/05/06 at 3:57 pm

Yeah. All these things will defidently be retro in the 2020's. I can easily see a resurgence in wearing D4L t-shirts in 2026 ;D

THAT will really be weird  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/05/06 at 10:21 pm

Do you think the fashions of 2020 will be as futuristic as was first predicted? Or do you think they will look roughly the same/resemble current fashion, or may even resemble past fashion?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/05/06 at 11:06 pm

Do you think the fashions of 2020 will be as futuristic as was first predicted? Or do you think they will look roughly the same/resemble current fashion, or may even resemble past fashion?

Its hard to say, but I'd guess it'll be roughly the same as it is now but its hard for me to guess since i'm not really knowlegeble when it comes to fashion.

Check for new replies or respond here...