inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Oughties Networks

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/04/06 at 8:25 pm

I'd say MTV and VH1 are the most "oughties"-feeling networks. I just made my dad turn off MTV...that is just the symbol of everything stupid about this decade. Like it's piles of glam rap, overly primped-up looking young people, materialism, teenage models...yuck. VH1 is now full of shows that are rip-offs of "Robin Leach's Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous", proving the oughties are just an eighties rip-off.

Subject: Re: Oughties Networks

Written By: 1993 on 06/05/06 at 12:18 am

FOX...whatever network that promotes those "get rich and famous" reality shows. Dancing with the stars, american idol....the simple life as well.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/05/06 at 1:08 am

I associate MTV more with the 90s and 90s culture. But here's a newsflash: I've probably not watched an hour of MTV in my entire life - it hadn't yet arrived 'Down-under' when we go cable.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/05/06 at 12:07 pm

MTV usually sums up the decade that it's a part of pretty well. It was very much part of the '90s culture, with the Nirvana promotion and Gen X-oriented MTV news, and the biggest network of the '80s, in alot of ways. I associate all the current decadent, superficial crap reality shows on it now with the oughties, and all the bling-bling on the network with the oughties.

Check for new replies or respond here...