inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When will I Love the '00s Be Made?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/05/06 at 4:47 pm

I'm saying 2009  ;D

Subject: Re: When will I Love the '00s Be Made?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/05/06 at 4:47 pm

Sorry for the postwhoring, I just had to make this topic  ;D

Written By: sonikuu on 06/05/06 at 5:39 pm

Well, since VH1 knows that the "I Love The Decade" series is highly successful, I'm banking on 2010.  They'll want to cash in as soon as possible.  Of course, I Love the 00's will suck if they do that since it's hard to wax nostalgia about 2009 when it's only 2010.  If I had it my way, they wouldn't do I Love the 00's until 2015, by which point we should be seperated enough from 00's culture to be nostalgic, mostly for the early 00's.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/05/06 at 5:46 pm

Sorry for the postwhoring, I just had to make this topic  ;D

There's already a thread about this.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/05/06 at 5:47 pm

There's already a thread about this.

Now you're just being spiteful.

Written By: media_addict on 06/05/06 at 7:46 pm

Never!!!

Mwahahahaha!!

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/05/06 at 9:38 pm

I would guess 2011 or 2012. I think 2010 might be a little too soon since the decade just ended.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/05/06 at 9:48 pm

Now you're just being spiteful.

How?  There's a thread on this very subject on this page.  In fact, it's right below this one.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/05/06 at 9:53 pm

How?  There's a thread on this very subject on this page.  In fact, it's right below this one.

I didn't realize. Sorry.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/05/06 at 11:04 pm

As I said in a previous thread, I'll give Vh1 the benifiet of the doubt and say 2015.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/06/06 at 2:29 am

I didn't realize. Sorry.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence...

Written By: JohnDoe on 06/06/06 at 4:14 am

VH1 had done their "I Love the (Insert Decade Here)" Series Non-Stop from 2002-2005 while it was popular.  I doubt they would do another with such a long hiatus (If they did it in 2010 for instance).  They'll probably even forget about the whole series by the time 2009 comes around.  Hell, who even knows if VH1 will still be around by then.

I seriously doubt their special programming will be the same in 2009 or 2010 that it is today

Written By: karen on 06/06/06 at 4:30 am

I didn't realize. Sorry.

But you replied to it last week  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/06/06 at 5:38 am

2011. It will be produced the same time as "I Love the 10s."  We already have nostalgia for current events, next step is future nostalgia!
::)

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/06/06 at 9:36 am

weird...  i don't get why things differ so much from decade to decade.  i know it's just the natural progession of time and evolution of society, but it's just strange how we can see such drastic differences in each decade with fashion and music and technology.  it's not like on January 1, 2010 somebody is going to say "ok, the 00's are over now, time to make some changes".  do you see what I mean?  i know it's an obvious answer, but it's still kinda funny how our nostalgia can be based on 10-year time frames that seem so different and primitive when compared to the 10 years before it.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/06/06 at 10:58 am

weird...  i don't get why things differ so much from decade to decade.  i know it's just the natural progession of time and evolution of society, but it's just strange how we can see such drastic differences in each decade with fashion and music and technology.  it's not like on January 1, 2010 somebody is going to say "ok, the 00's are over now, time to make some changes".  do you see what I mean?  i know it's an obvious answer, but it's still kinda funny how our nostalgia can be based on 10-year time frames that seem so different and primitive when compared to the 10 years before it.

Exactly, from reading these boards you'd think the 90s were another century (hey wait, they were lol), but no, to many people (particularly the older generation) 1987 and 2000 are pretty much the same - sure the cars are less boxy, computers are actually half-intellgible to the populace, but the constants of humanity have not changed one bit.

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/06/06 at 1:41 pm

VH1 had done their "I Love the (Insert Decade Here)" Series Non-Stop from 2002-2005 while it was popular.  I doubt they would do another with such a long hiatus (If they did it in 2010 for instance).  They'll probably even forget about the whole series by the time 2009 comes around.  Hell, who even knows if VH1 will still be around by then.

I seriously doubt their special programming will be the same in 2009 or 2010 that it is today

Since vh-1 is currently running "Best Week Ever", and at the end of the year they have a special episode called "Best Year Ever" which covers the trends and pop-cultures of the years the same way that "I Love the 80's/90's" did, they may or may not make another series about the years of this decade. However, "Best Week Ever" started in 2004, so there aren't any vh-1 shows that I know of that looked back at 2000-2003.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/06/06 at 2:15 pm

I think they'll either make an "I Love the '00s" special in 2010 or 2011, before the real backlash against the decade has begun, or it'll be in the early 2020s, when nostalgia for the decade is beginning. "I Love the '80s" was extremely successful, but there was never much interest in "I Love the '70s" or "I Love the '90s."

Written By: Paul on 06/06/06 at 2:25 pm

I would guess 2011 or 2012. I think 2010 might be a little too soon since the decade just ended.

Don't you believe it!

There was an 'I Love The...' series not long ago on British TV which finished at 'I Love 1999'...

...which, if memory serves, was transmitted just after the 21st century dawned!

Taking this 'nostalgia kick' a little too extreme, perhaps?

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/07/06 at 1:50 am

I said 2012, I think they'll wait a few years after the decade ends then they'll end up making one.

Check for new replies or respond here...