inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: P!nk

Written By: Tam on 06/08/06 at 3:06 pm

Alecia Beth Moore (born September 8, 1979), better known by her stage name P!nk (also written as Pink), is an American singer-songwriter who first gained prominence in early January of 2000. She is most often recognized by her unique, unorthodox fashion sense and soulful sound. Named #12 in the UK Music Hall of Fame of the 21st century, her vocal skills have often been compared to that of the late Janis Joplin, whom P!nk cites as one of her idols.

P!nk was born in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, to James and Judy Moore; she is of Irish and German descent on her father's side, and of Lithuanian Karaite heritage on her mother's. P!nk herself does not adhere to any organized religion. Her father played guitar and sang songs for young Alecia, who aspired from an early age to be a rock star one day. She has explained the origin of the stage name "Pink" or "P!nk" in three different versions. The lighter version claims that she had her pants pulled down by a boy at a YMCA summer camp when she was a teenager, and her face turned bright pink out of embarrassment. The explicit version claims that a friend told her that her pubic region was bright pink. She has also said that all of her friends said she acted just like Mr. Pink, a character in the film Reservoir Dogs so she wanted to call herself that.

On January 7, 2006, she married motorcycle racer Carey Hart in a ceremony on a beach in Costa Rica.

Can't Take Me Home
http://image.allmusic.com/13/amg/cov200/dre000/e091/e09116kyoc1.jpg
Tracks:
1. Split Personality
2. Hell Wit Ya
3. Most Girls
4. There You Go
5. You Make Me Sick
6. Let Me Let You Know
7. Love Is Such A Crazy Thing
8. Private Show
9. Can't Take Me Home
10. Stop Falling
11. Do What U Do
12. Hiccup
13. Is It Love

P!nk began her career as an R&B artist, signed to the predominately urban label LaFace Records. She has since complained that because she chose to relinquish creative control to her record label, she did not like the type of music she made at this time, or her image, which included bright pink hair. Her debut album, Can't Take Me Home was released on April 4, 2000. A substantial success, it went double platinum, and spun off two top 10 singles: "There You Go" and "Most Girls". The album's third single, "You Make Me Sick", was released towards the end of 2000 and also became a smaller pop hit in early 2001 (#33 in February of 2001), thanks in part to being featured in the movie Save The Last Dance.

In spring of 2001, P!nk teamed up with rapper Lil' Kim, R&B singer Mya, and pop music singer Christina Aguilera on a remake of LaBelle's 1975 hit "Lady Marmalade". The track was produced by hip-hop producers Rockwilder and Missy Elliott and was featured in Baz Luhrman's Moulin Rouge!. The song's music video featured the four singers dressed in underwear and heavy makeup, portraying turn-of-the-20th century courtesans. The video was immensely popular on music centered television channels and adult top 40 radio. The song went to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and won a Grammy Award

Subject: Re: P!nk

Written By: whistledog on 06/08/06 at 8:52 pm

P!nk is great.  I have her M!ssundaztood and Try This CDs and I really enjoy them both  :)

I hadn't even realized she'd had so many hits.  I wonder if her 5th album will be a Greatest Hits CD?  I'll definately pick up a copy 8)

Subject: Re: Pink

Written By: nally on 06/21/06 at 4:52 pm

I first heard of Pink when her Missundaztood album was released. I wasn't all that really into her music until early 2002 or so. My favourite tracks from that album were "Get The Party Started" and "Don't Let Me Get Me", which were still on the charts at the time. When her most recent album was released, I kinda grew fond of the "Stupid Girls" song, due to its catchiness.

Subject: Re: P!nk

Written By: Brian06 on 08/19/06 at 1:58 am

I agree Pink is great.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...