inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nellie McKay

Written By: Plucky Duck on 06/13/06 at 12:43 am

Have anybody heard Nellie McKay's CD "Get Away From Me"?

At first, I thought she'll be some  Ashlee Simpsonesque  loser , but she has a beautiful voice beyond her age and also a talented songwriter.

"Change The World", "David", and  the somewhat quirky "Sari" are the best songs.

http://www.nelliemckay.org

Subject: Re: Nellie McKay

Written By: nally on 06/13/06 at 11:20 am

The only song of hers I know of is "Sari"...kind of a freestyle rap. I haven't heard it in a year or so, but I think it's catchy.

Written By: Nick Diamond on 06/13/06 at 8:02 pm

Pop princess Nelly Furtado vs. rapper Nelly vs. hipster singer/songwriter Nellie McKay

Only on the claymated celebrity wrestling show MTV2's "Celebrity Deathamatch"  :D

That would be cool since Nellie McKay is more hardcore than Nelly (she grew up in the ghetto and is a political activist) and Nelly Furtado is hotter than McKay (check out her "Promiscous" video)

Written By: nally on 06/13/06 at 11:31 pm

Pop princess Nelly Furtado vs. rapper Nelly vs. hipster singer/songwriter Nellie McKay

Only on the claymated celebrity wrestling show MTV2's "Celebrity Deathamatch"  :D

That would be cool since Nellie McKay is more hardcore than Nelly (she grew up in the ghetto and is a political activist) and Nelly Furtado is hotter than McKay (check out her "Promiscous" video)

Not to mention that Nelly the rapper is a man and Nelly Furtado is a woman. Amazing how certain first names can pertain to either gender.

I haven't heard or seen Ms. Furtado's "Promiscuous" song yet...but I'm sure it's pretty good. I like her earlier stuff; that is, the stuff on the Whoa Nelly album. 8)

Written By: UnHipster on 06/13/06 at 11:44 pm

A hipster pop princess  ::)

Heard her music and it stunk like Ashlee Simpson pitching a tent ata  sauna  :P :P :P

There's a guy who listens to some '80's pop tart who's hardly played on the radio and read that she still releases music.

Please, atleast she didn't write about dead pets and kept her political views to herself.

Check for new replies or respond here...