inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bill Gates suposedly semi-retiring from Microsoft!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/15/06 at 9:24 pm

I don't think it will change things at Microsoft(the customer will still get screwed over royally), but the world's richest nerd, Bill Gates is semi-retiring from Microsoft in order to run his Bill Gates Foundation... wonder if he'll finally get rid of his circa-1968 wardrobe!

Subject: Re: Bill Gates suposedly semi-retiring from Microsoft!

Written By: whistledog on 06/16/06 at 12:55 am

He's got enough money to retire.  I just hope if he ever leaves Microsoft in the hands of someone else, the products won't start to go downhill

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/16/06 at 12:57 am

He's got enough money to retire.  I just hope if he ever leaves Microsoft in the hands of someone else, the products won't start to go downhill

How much worse could they possibly get? lol

Written By: whistledog on 06/16/06 at 1:05 am

How much worse could they possibly get? lol

Microsoft might actually start working.  I'm so used to it having troubles, I just assume that Microsoft not working is the norm ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/16/06 at 1:07 am

Microsoft might actually start working.  I'm so used to it having troubles, I just assume that Microsoft not working is the norm ;D

;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/16/06 at 1:14 am

lol...don't be too harsh on Microsoft. Without it you'd have...Apple Macintosh...argh! ;D

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 06/18/06 at 4:52 pm

if have ever played xbox live on the xbox 360 and love video games bill gates is your god

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/18/06 at 5:14 pm

The one thing I don't like about Windows XP is when you download and install Service Pack 2, which my media player that I use to 'sync'(add music)to my current mp3, I had to install SP2 to use it, is that it disables downloading from other websites using AOL(and a couple of other ISPs)..and that stinks. Microsoft gave me a hotfix, I unzipped the file, now I have no idea how to install it. Yeah, Microsoft promises when Service Pack 3 becomes available, the downloading issue will be fixed...but what Microsoft promises, and what they actually do are two different things. And I'm not sure Gates not being there will fix things.

But I don't think I'd ever own a Mac. I'm comfortable with my Compaq Presario. And Compaq/HP tech support is decent.

check out this site if you think Microsoft stinks......http://www.fudgemicrosoft.com/content/whatsbad.shtml
sorry for the cuss word, it's in the url so I can't edit it.

Written By: Roadgeek on 06/18/06 at 5:22 pm

I must be the only person in the world who likes Microsoft. ???

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/18/06 at 5:25 pm

I must be the only person in the world who likes Microsoft. ???

I like Microsoft as well.  I've never had a problem with them at all. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/18/06 at 6:14 pm

Don't you think Gates should build up a little more of a nest egg before he retires?
;D

Written By: danootaandme on 06/18/06 at 7:02 pm

Don't you think Gates should build up a little more of a nest egg before he retires?
;D

Yeah, I mean will be penalized for pulling out his 401k early?    ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...