inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bad RADIO commercials

Written By: guest on 06/19/06 at 9:44 pm

This is a little offshoot of the (TV) commercials you don't like ONLY for RADIO.

Maybe they thought it was a cute idea to say but McDonalds has a radio commercial playing touting the $1 menu double cheese burger.

The guy describing it must be talking to the Paris Hilton/Jenny McCarthy crowd when he says:'They use 100% all beef patties and since there are 2 of them,... that's  like 200%'

YOU ALL CAN DO THE MATH ON THIS ONE.....I guess it's a toss up between a 'scarry'King or an 'airhead'
the only thing I think that keeps me up all night is that food going through my body! :o :o :o

How's about you?    ;)

Subject: Re: Bad RADIO commercials

Written By: nally on 09/13/06 at 11:55 am

I hate at least 99% of the radio adverts that have been on the past ten years. Most notably, the ones that take a popular song and change its lyrics for the commercial purposes. I also hate the ads that are misleading...especially the ones that contain fictitious traffic reports.

Written By: Roadgeek on 09/13/06 at 1:28 pm

Locally, there's a radio commercial for a Kia dealership called Carolina Kia. that's annoying. It has everything from an annoying announcer to the typical Honda bash. And he always goes "CAROLINA Kia"!

Written By: ... on 09/13/06 at 5:09 pm

They're ALL annoying. Anytime I hear ads on the radio I like to tune them out.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/13/06 at 8:21 pm

Haven't listen to commercial radio by choice for over a year. I find the ads on independent/student radio stations are easier to deal with, and have their own wit that ads on commercial radio don't have. Normally I'd switch over or turn off the radio when the ads come on, but I often leave the ads going on those smaller radio stations that make their own ads.

Check for new replies or respond here...