inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The '00s Without Internet

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/23/06 at 5:04 pm

What would the '00s be like without the Internet?

Subject: Re: The '00s Without Internet

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/23/06 at 6:03 pm

Even more like the '80s than they already are. They'd be an '80s clone to what the '90s were a '70s clone.

Written By: Roadgeek on 06/23/06 at 6:09 pm

Whoa! The Internet is probably one of the few things I like about the '00s.

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/23/06 at 6:35 pm

Even more like the '80s than they already are. They'd be an '80s clone to what the '90s were a '70s clone.

The '00s seem to be getting more and more like the '80s lately.

Written By: Roadgeek on 06/23/06 at 6:39 pm

The '00s seem to be getting more and more like the '80s lately.

Really? In what ways?

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/23/06 at 6:41 pm

Really? In what ways?

All the sampling of '80s music that's been going on is one thing and fashion is very "showy" just like the '80s.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/23/06 at 6:54 pm

All the sampling of '80s music that's been going on is one thing and fashion is very "showy" just like the '80s.

Also, the way everything has to be preppy/dressy/cute, the "rainbow colors", sense of super-modernism with all the devices, and the materialism. The '00s are very, very '80slike lately. Also, emo is huge, and that's a neo-'80s thing.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/23/06 at 10:28 pm

Assuming all other things technology-wised remained the same? I don't think that would quite work out. If we didn't have the World Wide Web by 2000, then the 2000s would be pretty much just like the 80s or 90s.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/06 at 11:11 pm

It will be back to books on the shelf, watching TV, and going out more often.

Written By: rare80s on 06/24/06 at 1:56 am

It will be back to books on the shelf, watching TV, and going out more often.

Yes, exactly. Well, for me, TV and video games were always it for me. Now it has evolved where TV and video games are getting more and more watched/played online, with the invention of P2P file-sharing and the many PC ports of console video games. I never thought I would turn into a PC gamer, but I have since left video game consoles, in favor of my all-in-one PC. The '00s, to me, will probably be remembered, among many other things, as the introduction of downloading, a decade I would dub the Download Decade.

Written By: Roadgeek on 06/25/06 at 9:16 pm

On the '00s being like the '80s topic, I saw a new commercial for Sprite. It had "Sublymonal" messages that looked very very '80s.

Check for new replies or respond here...