inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cadbury's chocolate warning

Written By: Stompgal on 06/24/06 at 8:12 am

One of today's top news stories is the one about the salmonella traced Cadbury's products. Below are the items to watch out for:

250g Cadbury's Dairy Milk Turkish bar
250g CDM Caramel bar
250g CDM Mint Chips bar
CDM 8 Chunk bar
CDM 1 Kilogram bar
105g Cadbury Buttons Easter Eggs
Freddo bars

Subject: Re: Cadbury's chocolate warning

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/24/06 at 8:24 am

Heard about that on the radio, and luckily for me I have had none of those since January.

Written By: whistledog on 06/24/06 at 11:31 am

I guess I won't be eating Caramilk anymore  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/24/06 at 11:39 am

With new stcok in the sweet shops, it all should be back to normal very soon.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/24/06 at 12:03 pm

There's no danger at all so long as you...
boil it first.
:-\\

I still have half a bar of Cadbury's milk chocolate in the fridge. This particular product wasn't on the list. Anyway, you stand a better chance of getting hit by a car crossing the street than contracting salmonilla from a Cadbury's.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/24/06 at 12:07 pm

boil it first.

I still have half a bar of Cadbury's milk chocolate in the fridge. This particular product wasn't on the list. Anyway, you stand a better chance of getting hit by a car crossing the street than contracting salmonilla from a Cadbury's.

I reckon you're right - still odd how it took from January to the 19th June to inform Joe Public tho'

Cadburys chocolate is delicious.  mmmmmmmm    :D :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/24/06 at 12:18 pm

I reckon you're right - still odd how it took from January to the 19th June to inform Joe Public tho'

Cadburys chocolate is delicious.  mmmmmmmm    :D :D

I'm not giving up my Cadbury's!
I can picture the dorks down at the diner, "Did you read this, Al, salmonilla in Cadbury's, I ain't touchin' that stuff...eggs over easy, please!"
::)

Written By: Gis on 06/24/06 at 12:36 pm

Heard about that on the radio, and luckily for me I have had none of those since January.
Caused by a leaking pipe dripping into the chocolate mix on a production line which was discovered in January !!! They only bothered to let on this week.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/24/06 at 12:38 pm

Caused by a leaking pipe dripping into the chocolate mix on a production line which was discovered in January !!! They only bothered to let on this week.  :o
Now how long has it been since January?

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/24/06 at 2:32 pm

One of today's top news stories is the one about the salmonella traced Cadbury's products. Below are the items to watch out for:

250g Cadbury's Dairy Milk Turkish bar
250g CDM Carame barl
250g CDM Mint Chips bar
CDM 8 Chunk bar
CDM 1 Kilogram bar
105g Cadbury Buttons Easter Eggs
Freddo bars

Which countries is this supposed to affect? I think most of our choccie bars are made right here or in New Zealand, so we should be alright.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/24/06 at 2:37 pm

Which countries is this supposed to affect? I think most of our choccie bars are made right here or in New Zealand, so we should be alright.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5112470.stm

This URL gives a full report on this matter.

Written By: Marian on 06/24/06 at 3:43 pm

boil it first.

I've never heard of some of those bars.I checvked an d saw stompgal is from Australia.I think they have a different factory for candy distributed in the U.S.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/24/06 at 3:45 pm

I've never heard of some of those bars.I checvked an d saw stompgal is from Australia.I think they have a different factory for candy distributed in the U.S.
The plant concern is in Herefordshire, UK. I can assume these choccys are for the UK distribution.

Written By: Stompgal on 06/25/06 at 11:32 am

Caramilk is a Canadian chocoate bar and I don't think it's affected in the salmonella scare. Do you live in Canada?

Written By: Stompgal on 06/25/06 at 11:33 am

I'm not from Australia, I'm British.

Written By: Roadgeek on 06/25/06 at 11:47 am

Whoa! I ate some Cadbury Caramel Eggs around Easter. Oh well, I feel fine.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/25/06 at 11:53 am

Whoa! I ate some Cadbury Caramel Eggs around Easter. Oh well, I feel fine.
Were there on the list of dodgy choccys?

Written By: Apricot on 06/25/06 at 12:38 pm

Wait, so.. is this just, like, the last batch sent out?

Written By: Gis on 06/26/06 at 3:52 am

Wait, so.. is this just, like, the last batch sent out?
Nah, it happened in January so it's a batch from then. That's why there were Easter eggs in the recall list ! I'm guessing they are long gone.  ::)

Written By: karen on 06/26/06 at 5:24 am

Nah, it happened in January so it's a batch from then. That's why there were Easter eggs in the recall list ! I'm guessing they are long gone.  ::)

We threw out the remains of my daughter's Buttons egg at the weekend after this announcement.  Although she had eaten most of this one and at least one other without any ill effects  :-\\

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/27/06 at 12:54 pm

We threw out the remains of my daughter's Buttons egg at the weekend after this announcement.  Although she had eaten most of this one and at least one other without any ill effects  :-\\

Drat, could you retrieve it out of the bin and send it over here  ;D  .. Buttons/Flake are my favourites, one of the girls parents at my old job got me a Flake one which was simply delicious.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/27/06 at 1:02 pm

Drat, could you retrieve it out of the bin and send it over here   ;D  .. Buttons/Flake are my favourites, one of the girls parents at my old job got me a Flake one which was simply delicious.

To anybody who still eats Twix/
Anybody on packets of Buttons/
I gave them up when I was six/
I hope your teeth are rotten!

--The Undertones,
Mars Bars

Sorry, I can't help repeating that lyric every time somebody mentions Cadbury Buttons.
They don't market them over here in the States, so the Undertones song is my primary reference!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/27/06 at 2:33 pm

To anybody who still eats Twix/
Anybody on packets of Buttons/
I gave them up when I was six/
I hope your teeth are rotten!i]

--The Undertones,
Mars Bars

Sorry, I can't help repeating that lyric every time somebody mentions Cadbury Buttons.
They don't market them over here in the States, so the Undertones song is my primary reference!

;D :D ;D  great lyrics.

For some reason the chocolate always seems to taste nicer to me in that format? I have a friend who buys large blocks of that milk choc - he melts it down as you do if you're gonna pour it over a cake and then he eats the whole lot with a spoon...  :D 

Written By: Marian on 06/27/06 at 3:10 pm

I'm not from Australia, I'm British.
I stan d corrected.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/27/06 at 4:06 pm

;D :D ;D  great lyrics.

For some reason the chocolate always seems to taste nicer to me in that format? I have a friend who buys large blocks of that milk choc - he melts it down as you do if you're gonna pour it over a cake and then he eats the whole lot with a spoon...   :D   

I do the opposite with the milk chocolate, I freeze it and break it into pieces! Chocolate doesn't stand a chane in the weather we've been having!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/28/06 at 4:11 am

I do the opposite with the milk chocolate, I freeze it and break it into pieces! Chocolate doesn't stand a chane in the weather we've been having!
Theres nothing quite like licking the melted chocolate off the packet after its been sitting in the hot sun for a while.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/28/06 at 5:27 pm

An odd thing happened today after talking about this last night. I went to see my friend today and he still had an Easter egg left which he gave to me...Cadburys

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/29/06 at 1:15 am

An odd thing happened today after talking about this last night. I went to see my friend today and he still had an Easter egg left which he gave to me...Cadburys
Can you take it back to the shop and ask for the refund?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/29/06 at 1:22 am

What is the "To Be Eaten By" date?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/29/06 at 3:32 am

Can you take it back to the shop and ask for the refund?

;D  no cos' he's already scoffed the 2 Flakes

What is the "To Be Eaten By" date?

I'm not overly concerned about the recent events concerning poss. contamination. plus it came with a lovely colourful yellow/purple coffee mug     :D :D

Written By: Gis on 06/29/06 at 5:59 am

;D  no cos' he's already scoffed the 2 Flakes

I'm not overly concerned about the recent events concerning poss. contamination. plus it came with a lovely colourful yellow/purple coffee mug     :D :D

You are OK Flake eggs weren't in the list !!  ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/29/06 at 3:04 pm

You are OK Flake eggs weren't in the list !!  ;D

just aswell cos' I snaffled it this afternoon and to hell with the consequences..  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...