inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Valley of the Dolls Remake

Written By: star500 on 06/25/06 at 12:54 pm

What does everyone think of the idea of a Valley of the Dolls remake? I'm not sure who would be good to cast in the roles of the 3 young ladies in the movie. The original movie was pretty good, but the actresses in the movie over-acted and it was a tad too long as well. I've noticed that most movie are faster-paced nowadays and don't move so slowly, which is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. :)

Subject: Re: Valley of the Dolls Remake

Written By: danootaandme on 06/25/06 at 3:49 pm

When "Valley of the Doll" first appeared the subject matter was considered shocking.  Today it is pretty blase, I can't see them recreating the same controversy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/25/06 at 3:55 pm

When "Valley of the Doll" first appeared the subject matter was considered shocking.  Today it is pretty blase, I can't see them recreating the same controversy.

How true. The subject of drug of abuse at the time of the orginal was not discussed openly. Now, you turn on the news or read a newspaper-there it is. Rush Limbaugh anyone?

Cat

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 06/25/06 at 4:41 pm

Very true... when the novel and movie came out back in the mid-to-late-60s, the thought of women using drugs and being sexually active and unapologetic about it was utterly shocking!!!  :o Things have certainly changed, so a movie about the subject matter today wouldn't have the same appeal, unless it was significantly altered to fit today's life. The movie version is one of the campiest movies of all time and as such has a certain appeal, and the novel remains the biggest selling novel of all time (forty million copies sold), so that should be enough of a legacy without beating a dead horse into the ground...

Check for new replies or respond here...