inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Antother Twist in the Anna Nicole Case

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/25/06 at 3:33 pm

If you care.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060625/en_celeb_eo/19353

Cat

Subject: Re: Antother Twist in the Anna Nicole Case

Written By: danootaandme on 06/25/06 at 3:45 pm

If you care.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060625/en_celeb_eo/19353

Cat

I have a bit of an interest.  I wanted to see if, because a man was extremely wealthy, his spouse would be treated different in the area of inheritance than someone in less adventageous circumstances.  Anna Nicole may be a bit...well there aren't many quite like her, but that shouldn't decide what she should or shouldn't inherit.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/25/06 at 7:12 pm

I have a bit of an interest.  I wanted to see if, because a man was extremely wealthy, his spouse would be treated different in the area of inheritance than someone in less adventageous circumstances.  Anna Nicole may be a bit...well there aren't many quite like her, but that shouldn't decide what she should or shouldn't inherit.

I think that the critical element in the Anna Nicole Smith Marshall case is that her late husband left a will but it did not mention her in it.  She contends that he otherwise "promised" her a big wadd of cash.  The legal wrangling has to do with all that. 

Written By: danootaandme on 06/25/06 at 7:25 pm

I think that the critical element in the Anna Nicole Smith Marshall case is that her late husband left a will but it did not mention her in it.  She contends that he otherwise "promised" her a big wadd of cash.  The legal wrangling has to do with all that. 

I think(I may be wrong) that in California, as his widow, she would have a 1/3 share.  If he didn't leave her that she has the right to contest the will for that much. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/26/06 at 1:15 pm

Well, we all know that she needs the $$$. She definately can't make a living acting.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/26/06 at 4:36 pm

Well, we all know that she needs the $$$. She definately can't make a living acting.

Cat

She can...I mean, it's a sort of acting isn't it?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/26/06 at 4:43 pm

She can...I mean, it's a sort of acting isn't it?

Being a bimbo? I don't think that is acting.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...