inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Superman Returns

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/25/06 at 8:03 pm

Despite Bryan Singer being at the helm(The Usual Suspects and X-men 1 & 2 were great), I was at first skeptical about the new Superman film.  Especially Brandon Routh replacing the late Christopher Reeve.

However I've gotta say all the ads I've been seeing on television are pointing toward an awesome movie.  It just looks GORGEOUS(the cinematography), Routh looks great as Superman, Spacey looks like hes gonna rock as Lex, and the action scenes look really well done too. 

What do you guys think?

Subject: Re: Superman Returns

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/06 at 9:28 pm

I hope this will be a HUGE success.  I've been seeing toys, promotions, even bags of Doritos featuring Superman Returns.  It's like everywhere. 

I will definately be seeign this movie.  With the technology today, this will be awesome.  But still, as good as this Brandon Routh guy looks as Superman, he will never top Chris Reeve

Written By: Lexus on 06/25/06 at 9:30 pm

Lex Luthor is a hipster, The Hulk, a teenybopper, should shash him  and save Nelly Furtado

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/06 at 9:31 pm

Lex Luthor is a hipster, The Hulk, a teenybopper, should shash him  and save Nelly Furtado

That like totally makes sense  ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/25/06 at 9:33 pm

this movie looks really good...I will probably go see it. Although, nothing compares to that one Superman, where those 3 people were like stuck in a triangle! LOL!

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/06 at 9:37 pm

this movie looks really good...I will probably go see it. Although, nothing compares to that one Superman, where those 3 people were like stuck in a triangle! LOL!

That was Superman II.  That was an excellent one!

"I am General Zod.  You will kneel before me!" ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/25/06 at 9:39 pm

That was Superman II.  That was an excellent one!

"I am General Zod.  You will kneel before me!" ;D

yes....totally!!! ;)

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/06 at 9:42 pm

yes....totally!!! ;)

"Come to me, son of Jor-El, kneel before Zod!"

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/news_images/5747_15079_1.jpg

Now I feel like watching Superman II :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/25/06 at 10:19 pm

"Come to me, son of Jor-El, kneel before Zod!"

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/news_images/5747_15079_1.jpg

Now I feel like watching Superman II :D

But first, imagine him in drag as Priscilla, Queen of the Desert :D

I certainly hope this movie doesn't suck.  My wife said that Superman is cool but the guy playing him now looks a bit fruity :P

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/25/06 at 11:03 pm

I hope this will be a HUGE success.  I've been seeing toys, promotions, even bags of Doritos featuring Superman Returns.  It's like everywhere. 

I will definately be seeign this movie.  With the technology today, this will be awesome.  But still, as good as this Brandon Routh guy looks as Superman, he will never top Chris Reeve

Thats true about Reeve and Routh, but I really suspect that Spacey might match Hackman's performance as Lex, if not even surpass it.

The technology is much better.  The film was shot with really advanced digital cameras, and so it looks really crisp and vivid.  The flight scenes look fantastic as well.  And have you seen the preview where a guy shoots a machine gun at Supes at point blank and the camera zooms in on the bullet in slow motion and shows it hit Superman's eye and perfectly flatten, then goes back to regular speed as the bullet falls?  Its a really cool shot.

The film reportedly cost 300 million to make, so it BETTER make money. LOL

Written By: Apricot on 06/26/06 at 9:51 am

Luthor looks good, but I'm so very tired of superhero movies. I'm amazed they hadn't done a Superman movie already.

Has anyone heard the rumors he's going to be openly gay in the movie?

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/26/06 at 10:11 am

^Thats a bunch of crap.  All that comes from is morons who think Routh somehow "looks gay". ::)

And yeah, Luthor does look very good.  I think he may steal the show here.  Like Jack Nicholson as The Joker in the original Batman.

Written By: KKay on 06/26/06 at 12:42 pm

Wow...I guess I"m missing somethig. I thought the commercials made the film look like it was going to be pretty bad.  but I'm probably wrong- I always think that.  normally the commercials are the reasons I dont' go...still didnt see King Kong..thought the commercials looked poorly produced and the acting was questionable; which is what I get now fromt he Superman promos.

I thinkI"m turned off to all the remakes.  It's the end of human creativity and I should just face it. 

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/26/06 at 12:45 pm

Superman Returns isn't a remake.  Its a direct sequel to Superman: The Movie and Superman II that ignores III and The Quest For Peace.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/06 at 12:52 pm

Looking forward to this Superman film, and I will seeing at a special where an extra 20 minutes added, shot in 3D.

Written By: KKay on 06/26/06 at 1:03 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/06 at 1:05 pm

Yeah, sorry...I knew that.

still... I hope it's good.
From the reports, it seems to be well like so far.

Written By: Human Air Conditioner on 06/27/06 at 12:45 am

Superman is a human air conditioner.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/27/06 at 12:49 am

Superman is a human air conditioner.

why? is he that cool?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/27/06 at 10:02 am

His breath is pretty cool if he wants it to be :D

Hmmm, the trailer seems to have a part where Lex Luthor beats the holy hell out of Superman.  I think that's worth a looksee even if the new guy looks a bit gay :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/27/06 at 4:52 pm

"Truth, justice, and all that stuff"?
???

Written By: lycanthrope1218 on 06/27/06 at 5:57 pm

Kevin Spacey looks like he pulls off a pretty convincing Lex Luther. I think Bryan Singer did a good job with the first two XMen and Usual Suspects was awesome so I have high hopes for this one. Just heard a really positive review saying that it was better than the others and that it was the best summer movie thus far. Can't wait to see it, I've got my tickets.

Check for new replies or respond here...