inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I just saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Written By: FAH_Q on 07/06/06 at 3:26 am

suckas

o yeah Jack DIES!!!!!

Subject: Re: I just saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Written By: Gis on 07/06/06 at 6:35 am

B*llocks.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/06/06 at 6:58 am

no he doesn't....Johnny Depp is currently filming the 3rd of the "Pirates" trilogy...so how can he die in the 2nd?

Honestly...I can't wait to see it!!!

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/06/06 at 7:22 am

B*llocks.

why sensor that??? BULLOCKS

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/06 at 7:29 am

suckas

o yeah Jack DIES!!!!!
I would not think so for Part 3 is in production right now and is credited to be in the feature.

Written By: Jessica on 07/06/06 at 8:45 am

I just saw someone with horrible spelling and rude manners.

His name is FAH Q.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/06 at 8:47 am

I am looking forward to Keith Richards playing Jack's father in Part 3.

Written By: Gis on 07/06/06 at 11:41 am

He was meant to be in this one but couldn't fit into the filming schedule.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/06/06 at 11:48 am

I was gonna see it (not my idea, my friends') even knowing it was guaranteed to dissapoint. So I guess I glad I saved my hard-earned cash in the end.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/06 at 11:53 am

I still going to see it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/06/06 at 12:13 pm

As usual, I will wait until it come out on DVD and order it from Netflix.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/06 at 4:43 pm

He gets Eaton by a big ass squid

Geoffrey Rush comes back to
Eaten, but can still survive, like Jonah in the whale.

Written By: lycanthrope1218 on 07/06/06 at 6:48 pm

I can't wait; Davy Jones looks really cool!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/07/06 at 12:08 am

It is Bill Nighy's make up that intrigues me.

Written By: Mushroom on 07/07/06 at 1:47 pm

I will probably see it some time this summer, but I am not expecting much.

So far, I have seen both of the two "Blockbuster movies", X-Man 3 and Superman Returns.  And to be honest, I have been dissapointed in both of them.  Just like I was with Star Wars 3 last year.

At least with Superman Returns they did one thing right, they picked up at the end of Superman II, and pretended that 3 and 4 never happened.

Written By: Tia on 07/07/06 at 1:54 pm

all this talk is making me wanna see superman II again. great flick.

superman I is also good but that "can you read my mind" musical number is literally the most ridiculous thing to have ever occurred in american movie history.

Written By: Mushroom on 07/07/06 at 3:07 pm

all this talk is making me wanna see superman II again. great flick.

superman I is also good but that "can you read my mind" musical number is literally the most ridiculous thing to have ever occurred in american movie history.

I am waiting for November, when the "Superman Collection" comes out.  Among the collection will be the release of the "Richard Donner Version" of Superman II, along with a lot of footage that was removed when Richard Donner was fired as director.  Almost 50% of the footage he had filmed was removed for one reason or another, including additional appearances by Marlon Brando.

And if you watch Superman Returns, listen closely when he takes a night flight with Lois Lane.  What you actually hear is an updated version of "Can You Read My Mind".

Written By: Tia on 07/07/06 at 3:12 pm

I am waiting for November, when the "Superman Collection" comes out.  Among the collection will be the release of the "Richard Donner Version" of Superman II, along with a lot of footage that was removed when Richard Donner was fired as director.  Almost 50% of the footage he had filmed was removed for one reason or another, including additional appearances by Marlon Brando.

And if you watch Superman Returns, listen closely when he takes a night flight with Lois Lane.  What you actually hear is an updated version of "Can You Read My Mind".
sweet! that's a hot tip about the director's cut of superman ii. i wonder if i can save it to my netflix queue yet.

and props for the sig line.

Written By: Ebontyne on 07/07/06 at 3:24 pm

I saw it last night, midnight showing. It was okay, but I was a little disappointed.... I thought they crammed in far too much plot and it ended up being sort of confusing. It was also too long, in my opinion... And I would have preferred if it were a self-contained story (like the first one), but instead it ends with all its various plot threads deliberately unresolved so as to set us up for the third movie.

Sorry to sound like a sourpuss. There were definitely good things about it, but I guess I went in with too many expectations after seeing the excellent first movie. All in all, it was still relatively fun to watch. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/07/06 at 3:28 pm

But at 150 minutes long, can the swashbuckling sustain the hype?

Written By: Gis on 07/08/06 at 1:56 am

I'm going tonight to see it, that does mean I miss the last episode of Dr Who though !!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/08/06 at 4:34 am

I'm going tonight to see it, that does mean I miss the last episode of Dr Who though !!!!!!!!!!
A big decision to make there?

Written By: Gis on 07/09/06 at 3:42 am

A big decision to make there?
Well the tickets were already paid for and so we just downloaded Dr Who ! I'll watch it tonight.

I enjoyed the film, I do agree it was over long and they did leave the ending way too much in the air. The only real downside was it was FULL of kids who talked and ran about all through the film which was very distracting.

Written By: Gis on 07/09/06 at 3:44 am

He gets Eaton by a big ass squid

Geoffrey Rush comes back to
What is it that makes you feel obliged to spoil it for everyone else who hasn't seen the film yet ? I won't add what I think you are to this because it's rude.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/06 at 4:01 am

Well the tickets were already paid for and so we just downloaded Dr Who ! I'll watch it tonight.

I enjoyed the film, I do agree it was over long and they did leave the ending way too much in the air. The only real downside was it was FULL of kids who talked and ran about all through the film which was very distracting.
I arrange to go in the evenng when the children should be in bed!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/06 at 4:04 am

What is it that makes you feel obliged to spoil it for everyone else who hasn't seen the film yet ? I won't add what I think you are to this because it's rude.
The technical term for that today is a Spoiler.

Written By: Tia on 07/09/06 at 7:41 am

fuh_q is a bit of a jerk (i imagine the term you were looking for might even be a bit stronger!) and i don't think he'll be around very long.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/06 at 7:41 am

The sequel to Pirates of the Caribbean took a record $55.5m on its opening day in cinemas, according to early estimates released by Disney.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/06 at 7:45 am

With the certificate 12A under 12s should not have been in the auditorium in the first place.

Written By: Tia on 07/09/06 at 7:53 am

it was full of kid-friendly grossout humor though. kids i bet would love it, although it might tax their patience at nearly 2 1/2 hours long.

i for one thought it was kinda mediocre. i wasn't that big on the first one either.

Written By: whistledog on 07/09/06 at 6:36 pm

About 3/4 of your average turd is made of water. Of course, this value is highly variable - the water content of diarrhea is much higher, and the amount of water in poop that has been retained (voluntarily or otherwise) is lower. Water is absorbed out of fecal material as it passes through the intestine, so the longer a turd resides inside before emerging, the drier it will be.
    Of the remaining portion of the turd, about 1/3 is composed of dead bacteria. These microcorpses come from the intestinal garden of microorganisms that assist us in the digestion of our food. Another 1/3 of the turd mass is made of stuff that we find indigestible, like cellulose, for instance. This indigestible material is called "fiber," and is useful in getting the turd to move along through the intestine, perhaps because it provides traction. The remaining portion of the turd is a mixture of fats such as cholesterol, inorganic salts like phosphates, live bacteria, dead cells and mucus from the lining of the intestine, and protein

That's gross

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/06 at 1:24 am

And they ended it like the matrix 2 did
Please I have not seen that film yet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/13/06 at 12:37 am

The Pirates of the Caribbean sequel has sailed to the top of the UK and Ireland box office chart after the best UK opening weekend of the year.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, with Johnny Depp, took

Check for new replies or respond here...