inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Twins on 7th Heaven (If you are sensitve...please don't read this!)

Written By: star500 on 07/06/06 at 3:40 pm

I don't know how many of you watch 7th Heaven on here but the twins on there seem to act like they are mentally handicapped or something. They talk slowly and precisely and they look like they are always in a daze or something. I'm sitting there thinking, are these two retarded or something? I'm not trying to be mean but these two kids actually act like they are stupid! I don't hate kids or anything, actually I like kids. I think they are really sweet and nice.

Subject: Re: Twins on 7th Heaven (If you are sensitve...please don't read this!)

Written By: Suite Life on 07/06/06 at 3:43 pm

Maybe bad acting like The Sprouse Twins, which the one who plays Zac tend to sound robotic

Subject: Re: Twins on 7th Heaven (If you are sensitve...please don't read this!)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/07/06 at 11:50 am

I havent watched it for a few years but I generally got the impression they werent actors - just a convenient set of twins who were plonked in front of the cameras.

I love the twins on Desperate Housewives ! They are real full on boys.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/07/06 at 12:04 pm

I don't know how many of you watch 7th Heaven on here but the twins on there seem to act like they are mentally handicapped or something. They talk slowly and precisely and they look like they are always in a daze or something. I'm sitting there thinking, are these two retarded or something? I'm not trying to be mean but these two kids actually act like they are stupid! I don't hate kids or anything, actually I like kids. I think they are really sweet and nice.

I'm just amazed the show is still on...

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/06 at 12:20 pm

Never watched the show (sounds too preachy), but I do know that it wasn't twins who played those kids, but quadruplets. At least until they stopped resembling each other. Then it was just two of the boys.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/07/06 at 12:40 pm

I've seen many child actors have a hard time on camera.  It's not the words that they're really "saying" it's read lines.  The twins on Full House had the same problem.  The only Child actor I can remember who at a very young age was able to make it all "look real" was Miko Hughes. 

Written By: guest on 07/07/06 at 4:17 pm

I've seen many child actors have a hard time on camera.  It's not the words that they're really "saying" it's read lines.  The twins on Full House had the same problem.  The only Child actor I can remember who at a very young age was able to make it all "look real" was Miko Hughes. 

And... whatever happened to him? Also another kid  actor fave was Devin Oatway from 'Camp Nowhere'and the hardly seen/obscure:  'Adventures of Galgameth'.

Anyone  else remember them? ???

Written By: Marian on 07/08/06 at 2:51 pm

The twins who played carrie on Little House on the prairie didn't seem that sharp either.I think they just weren't very good actors.it seemed as soon as the producers could,they introduced new younger kids ,from Albert to that irritating missy Francis,so the green bush twins wouldn't have to say too much.

Written By: KKay on 07/08/06 at 6:51 pm

I just went to Google to see their picture..
they look like the little weird kid from Close Encounters!

Written By: Dagwood on 07/09/06 at 8:19 pm

The twins who played carrie on Little House on the prairie didn't seem that sharp either.I think they just weren't very good actors.it seemed as soon as the producers could,they introduced new younger kids ,from Albert to that irritating missy Francis,so the green bush twins wouldn't have to say too much.

Was Missy Francis the kid that played Cassandra?  If so, I couldn't stand her.  The way her mouth turned up she always looked like she was smiling even when she was supposed to be crying.

Written By: WalkerP20 on 07/10/06 at 12:00 am

And... whatever happened to him? Also another kid  actor fave was Devin Oatway from 'Camp Nowhere'and the hardly seen/obscure:  'Adventures of Galgameth'.

Anyone  else remember them? ???

http://www.teenidols4you.com/thumb/Actors/miko_hughes/Miko-Hughes3.jpg

;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/10/06 at 12:53 pm

There are several actors who have played mentally handicapped ppl.

L.A. Law- Larry Drake's "Benny" was VERY convincing! I thought he WAS retarded!

Life Goes On (Or is it Our House?)- There was a boy with Downs syndrome, named "Corky".
The actor really DID have Downs syndrome.

Rain Man- Dustin Hoffman's "Raymond"- need I say more?

I feel that sometimes pulling off a mental handicap is more challenging than anything else.
If you can do it, you're a superior brand of actor.

Written By: Marian on 07/11/06 at 2:01 pm

Was Missy Francis the kid that played Cassandra?  If so, I couldn't stand her.  The way her mouth turned up she always looked like she was smiling even when she was supposed to be crying.
That's the one!in some ways she seemed more of a brat then Nancy!mIssy whined even when she was supposedly happy!I think she's a reporter for CNBC now.Allison Balson is a folk singer.

Written By: guest on 07/12/06 at 9:54 pm

http://www.teenidols4you.com/thumb/Actors/miko_hughes/Miko-Hughes3.jpg

;D

I see Miko but thenwhat about others?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/12/06 at 10:56 pm

They just had a story about Miko Hughes on E Network - True Hollywood Stories - Child actors
He lives away from Hollywood, he sued his dad for his earnings from his work
http://www.vvdailypress.com/2005/110943515048456.html

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/13/06 at 12:15 am

Who calls little kids retarded?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/13/06 at 11:49 am

People who are ignorant and niggardly.

(That, btw, is NOT a racial epithet. Webster's defines "niggardly" as deliberately ignorant, or not wanting to know the facts." I don't believe in racism/sexism.

Now, idiocy and pointing it out, on the other hand.....)

Written By: star500 on 07/13/06 at 8:52 pm

Okay, first off I wasn't trying to be ingorant. I just wanted to point out a fact: the twins on 7th Heave DO NOT know how to act. And secondly, I wasn't intentionally trying to be mean, but if you watched 7th Heaven, you would know what I mean. These kids act like robots programmed to look like they don't know anything. They just walk around in a daze, say there lines and everyone on the show talks down to them and coddles them. I just thought I would point that out. I have a deep respect for children, I have two nephews of my own and I do not hate children, for the record.

Also, even the Olsen twins acted better then these two did. I mean sure Mary-Kate and Ashley weren't the best child actors when they were on Full House and yes, they had there own annoying moments but at least they tried to act, which is more then I can say for the two on 7th Heaven.

Okay, I'm sorry if I took what people posted as personal, but honestly I wasn't trying to be a b*tch, just trying to point out a few facts, that's all.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/13/06 at 9:46 pm

Star-

My comment wasn't aimed at anyone, other than those who act that way towards children, or others in said manner.

My honest apologies if you thought I was hazing you.
I don't know enough of you to give a "yea" or "nay".

Stating facts is fine- I also know ppl who have seen that show, and said the same thing you have.
I don't recall watching it, so I can't fairly render it an accurate statement.
(Besides- I'm a Doctor Who fan!)

Written By: Marian on 07/14/06 at 2:49 pm

Okay, first off I wasn't trying to be ingorant. I just wanted to point out a fact: the twins on 7th Heave DO NOT know how to act. And secondly, I wasn't intentionally trying to be mean, but if you watched 7th Heaven, you would know what I mean. These kids act like robots programmed to look like they don't know anything. They just walk around in a daze, say there lines and everyone on the show talks down to them and coddles them. I just thought I would point that out. I have a deep respect for children, I have two nephews of my own and I do not hate children, for the record.

Also, even the Olsen twins acted better then these two did. I mean sure Mary-Kate and Ashley weren't the best child actors when they were on Full House and yes, they had there own annoying moments but at least they tried to act, which is more then I can say for the two on 7th Heaven.

Okay, I'm sorry if I took what people posted as personal, but honestly I wasn't trying to be a b*tch, just trying to point out a few facts, that's all.
I agree they don't know how to act.I guess they're like the Greenbush twins.I can't remember if the real Carrie Ingalls has any li ving descendants,and if so,what theu think of her ditsy portrayal on "little House"!

Written By: ralfy on 03/26/16 at 10:05 am

"Larry Drake, Star of ‘LA Law’ and ‘Darkman,’ Dies at 66"

http://www.thewrap.com/larry-drake-star-of-la-law-and-darkman-dies-at-66/

Check for new replies or respond here...