inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 60 Year Old Psychiatrist Gives Birth

Written By: danootaandme on 07/10/06 at 4:37 am

A 60 year old English psychiatrist went through invitro fertiliztion so that her 60 year old husband could be
a father.  This cements my idea that psychiatrists are the people most likely to need psychiatric care.

Subject: Re: 60 Year Old Psychiatrist Gives Birth

Written By: Gis on 07/10/06 at 8:17 am

She's actually 62 and they spent

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/10/06 at 8:29 am

why would anyone of that age actually want to have a child?  Are those not the years that one is supposed to be happy that all of their children are grown up, and they can look back and ruminate on how they parented years ago? I mean, that isn't very fair for the child...could you imagine him/her at the age of like 10, wanting old pops to come out and play ball with them...come on people! ::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/10/06 at 2:47 pm

why would anyone of that age actually want to have a child?  Are those not the years that one is supposed to be happy that all of their children are grown up, and they can look back and ruminate on how they parented years ago? I mean, that isn't very fair for the child...could you imagine him/her at the age of like 10, wanting old pops to come out and play ball with them...come on people! ::)

B/C she's selfish and didn't think that her child would not want a old parent! Hell, the child will be 17 and it's mother, if she's still alive, would be about 80.

Seriously, there should be some regulation with IVF.

Written By: karen on 07/11/06 at 6:55 am

This is her second marriage and she hadn't had children with her current husband.  (I think that's what Gis tried to say as well).

Not that I think that should be a reason at all.  Totally barking if you ask me

Written By: Marian on 07/11/06 at 2:06 pm

B/C she's selfish and didn't think that her child would not want a old parent! Hell, the child will be 17 and it's mother, if she's still alive, would be about 80.

Seriously, there should be some regulation with IVF.
Actually I wouldn't want a kid to have a young parent either.i mean why--so you can be a grandmother before you're 30???The psychiatrist isn't really the child's biological mother because theycouple used an egg donor.But i guess the husband sort of got the short end of the stick as well,since the kid wasn't conceived the old fashioned way--not too much "bang" for his buck!!! ;) :-*

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/12/06 at 10:12 am

Actually I wouldn't want a kid to have a young parent either.i mean why--so you can be a grandmother before you're 30???The psychiatrist isn't really the child's biological mother because theycouple used an egg donor.But i guess the husband sort of got the short end of the stick as well,since the kid wasn't conceived the old fashioned way--not too much "bang" for his buck!!! ;) :-*

Who says you would have to be a grandmother before 30. There are plenty of people who had children young that didn't become grandparents by 30. At least, they have the opportunity to become one and not mistaken for their child's grandparent. lol

Check for new replies or respond here...