inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Question about new cingular ad.....

Written By: OrlandoFan on 07/10/06 at 4:58 pm

Okay, I usually detest commercials.  However, I absolutely love the new cingular ads.  You know...."Raising the Bar"...I just love how they arrange people and objects into the signature bars to form the cingular logo.  Last year, I really got into the ones that used popular songs, most namely "Melissa" by Allman Brothers.  However, there are these newer commercials, where people star talking about talking to someone on their cell phone, then the sound goes mute, with the written dialogue indicating that the call was cut off.  My fave is the one with the pretty blue eyed, brown haired girl standing in the rain with the umbrella, talking about this conversation she was having with one of her girlfriends on her cell phone, and just as she was about to tell her that another one of their friends was caught in the library with her old boyfriend, the service drops the call.  The girl is so funny, and I have seen her before on "Buffy" and "24".  She is so adorable.  Anyway, I was noticing the building behind her, and it kind of looks familiar, like a building in the New York, or Long Island area.  I'm not sure if it's a high school, or a college.  Does anyone know where the commercial was filmed and the name of the girl in the ad?  Sorry, I'm just really curious.  Thank you ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...