inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Adventures in Babysitting" remake

Written By: Meghan88 on 07/13/06 at 9:26 pm

Well, I just read an article on yahoo saying that there's going to be a remake of the 1987 movie "Adventures in Babysitting" starring Raven Symone as the babysitter (originally Elizabeth Shue's role). I don't know about the rest of you but this is getting ridiculous, what is it with all of these remakes these days? It's getting old and annoying. And the people they pick to star in these remakes! ugh!! I like this movie a lot and I don't want to see it ruined by someone as annoying as Raven. I mean, it's just one movies that was made in the 80' s and should stay there. I'd like to see some original and refreshing movies for a change! What about the rest of you?

heres the link to the article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060712/film_nm/raven_dc

Subject: Re: "Adventures in Babysitting" remake

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/13/06 at 9:38 pm

Maybe the goal is to make people really really appreciate the original movie more?  Obviously it's not to reprise anything.

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/13/06 at 11:16 pm

Well, I just read an article on yahoo saying that there's going to be a remake of the 1987 movie "Adventures in Babysitting" starring Raven Symone as the babysitter (originally Elizabeth Shue's role). I don't know about the rest of you but this is getting ridiculous, what is it with all of these remakes these days? It's getting old and annoying. And the people they pick to star in these remakes! ugh!! I like this movie a lot and I don't want to see it ruined by someone as annoying as Raven. I mean, it's just one movies that was made in the 80' s and should stay there. I'd like to see some original and refreshing movies for a change! What about the rest of you?

Yeah I know. 2002-06 (and maybe beyond) is definitely the "remake" era. I can sorta understand if it's something like King Kong that could be interpreted differently all these years later. I'd even be cool with all the remakes if they were good (most of them aren't, though ;D). I love the original AIB too.

Maybe Hollywood is just so out of ideas and/or they don't think certain types of movies will "sell" anymore? Still, they should leave the '70s/80s/90s classics alone until at least, say 2030. They're still way too new.

Written By: Eac Zeffron on 07/13/06 at 11:38 pm

Raven Symone, why not Ashley Tisdale  8)  :-*

Written By: whistledog on 07/13/06 at 11:52 pm

They need to get someone with a good laugh.  One of the best scenes in Adventures in Babysitting was when their on the expressway, and their tire blows .. Daryl starts laughing, and it cracks me up everytime

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/14/06 at 12:19 am

Raven Symone, why not Ashley Tisdale  8)  :-*

Because she has bad hair!!  LOL!!

Actually I like Raven, she's pretty darn funny.  However a remake of "Adventures in Babysitting" has got to be one of the worst ideas ever.  I mean, the original was pretty bad, I can't imagine a remake being any better.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/14/06 at 9:53 am

I am going to stick with the original.  ::)

Written By: CeeKay on 07/14/06 at 12:24 pm

I love the original.  And I don't like Raven -- she's too over-the-top for me.  There have got to be original stories out there.  Remakes.  Blah.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/14/06 at 12:29 pm

Another dumb remake for the young'uns. Just get Netflix!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/14/06 at 5:41 pm

These poor kids today are gonna be forcefed this crappy remake and not know anything much about the original. It's a sad day, it really is.  ;D

The original was a childhood favorite for my brother and I. We used to watch it whenever we caught it on TBS or TNT or something like that. I recently bought the DVD because I know it's one movie I wouldn't mind sharing with others or rewatching for a good time down memory lane. I think the best scene is when they're on the Subway and she says "Don't F*ck with the babysitter" That always got me.

Written By: Eac Zeffron on 07/14/06 at 7:35 pm

Ashley Tisdale should be in the remake  of "The Legend of Billie Jean"  :D

That would top the original, which I can't stand Helen Slater  :P

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/14/06 at 7:39 pm

What is up with Ashlely Tisdale? And why does she have to be in every sentence you write?  ::)

Written By: lizjagger on 07/14/06 at 8:52 pm

Haha, guess who this is!, I remember when you told me about this the other day, Raven, man, I hate her.

Written By: lizjagger on 07/14/06 at 8:53 pm

What is up with Ashlely Tisdale? And why does she have to be in every sentence you write?  ::)

exactly what I was thinking,some people need to get a life

Written By: Snot on 07/14/06 at 9:02 pm

exactly what I was thinking,some people need to get a life

Ummm... and those who love to trash celebs  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/15/06 at 8:12 am

Ashley Tisdale is not that great...what's all the hype about all the time? ???

Written By: loki 13 on 07/15/06 at 10:23 am

The reason for all these remakes is really quite simple.

Hollywood is out of ideas. Hollywood does not have an original idea anymore, so to keep
the the millionaire pampered-a$$es happy they have to rehash old ideas. It's becoming
the same way with music. It seems artist and writers are either too lazy or too stupid
to think up anything new. Remake an old movie or song, revamp it a bit and hype it to
death, instant millions.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/16/06 at 11:31 am

Hollywood is out of ideas.

"Snakes On A Plane"

Only one more month to go!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/16/06 at 11:36 am

"Snakes On A Plane"

Only one more month to go!

#$#@ yeah!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/16/06 at 1:31 pm

Me.... I'm just bidding my time until Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend, get's remaded!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/23/06 at 10:25 am

who the heck IS Ashey Tisdale????

personally i am waiting for the live action remakes of GI Joe and Jem & the Holograms....

I love AIB the blues club scene will not work with Raven b/c the funniest part of that was that the kids were out of their element.... what are they gonna have Raven walk into a Country bar???  Daryl is my favorite character in the movie... what Superhero will the new Sara admire? Please dear god not a Power Ranger? 

Did you know that the mechanic Sara mistakes for "Thor" in the original film was Vincent D'Onofrio from Full Metal Jacket and Law & Order Criminal Intent?  FREAKY!

Written By: Eac Zeffron on 07/23/06 at 6:41 pm

who the heck IS Ashey Tisdale????

She plays Maddie on "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" and Sharpay on the infamous "High School Musical"

http://www.ashleytisdale.com/bion.asp

Since they remade "Punisher", why not "Super Girl"  :D

Written By: Gucas Lrabreel on 07/23/06 at 6:44 pm

Please dear god not a Power Ranger? 

Power Rangers remake with cast of "High School Musical"  would be fine to poke fun at  ;D  :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/24/10 at 9:09 pm

More news!  It's a go, and it has wait for it.......

Jonah Hill!

http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/gender-bending-adventures-in-babysitting-redux-bad-idea/16444

Say it with me.......

"Don't **** with the babysitter!"  or the original film!

>:(

Written By: snozberries on 02/24/10 at 9:10 pm

More news!  It's a go, and it has wait for it.......

Jonah Hill!

http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/gender-bending-adventures-in-babysitting-redux-bad-idea/16444

Say it with me.......

"Don't **** with the babysitter!"  or the original film!

oh god... this is going to suck so bad.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/24/10 at 9:11 pm

Favorite part of the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0rY3dn5kos

Bonus, filmed at The Silver Dollar Room, in nearby good old Toronto!

Written By: snozberries on 02/24/10 at 9:12 pm

Favorite part of the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0rY3dn5kos

Bonus, filmed at The Silver Dollar Room, in nearby good old Toronto!

me too!!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/24/10 at 9:16 pm

me too!!!!

I love the film, a lot! 

This and Karate Kid being remade are making me, upset!

Written By: snozberries on 02/24/10 at 9:18 pm

I love the film, a lot! 

This and Karate Kid being remade are making me, upset!

I plan on watching both but I won't go to the theater to see them and I don't plan on watching with an open mind ;D  they are going to have to make me like the flicks!  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/25/10 at 6:24 pm

I plan on watching both but I won't go to the theater to see them and I don't plan on watching with an open mind ;D  they are going to have to make me like the flicks!  ;)

Ditto!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/28/10 at 12:15 am

Yeah, I was going to say I thought that already happened, then I saw the first posting of this thread was July 13, 2006!
8)

Written By: Fairee07 on 02/28/10 at 12:46 pm

Looks like Hollywood is running out of ideas (ie. "Valentines Day") and all I can say to this idea is "NO!!"

Check for new replies or respond here...