inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How Will Someone Dress "00s" in the future?

Written By: Derek06 on 07/14/06 at 5:51 am

For example, our school has "Spirit Week" every year, and one of the days is "Decades Day", where each clss dress's up to thier assigned decade...   Like the Freshmen got 90s - where many focased on the later part of the 90s (Spice Girls, spiked hair, NSync) and I was suprised that there were some kids who wore the over-sized flannel shirts, backwards cap, baggy jeans, etc :o We the sophmores got the 60s, etc....  My question is that in future, how do you think people will dress up when wanting to look "00's"?

For me, what really sticks out in my mind is that people will dress "emo" (if the style is done by then), with the tight cloths, weird, dyed hair, very dark, etc....

Subject: Re: How Will Someone Dress "00s" in the future?

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/14/06 at 11:19 am

Yeah, I think emo and boho will be the fashion styles that will be the most remembered from this decade. I notice that a lot of girls that dress like punk rockers wear striped or argyle socks over their nylons, which is a distinct style of this decade. Also, colored plaid pants for both guys and girls is a mid-00's (c. 2005-2006) style. The girls could also wear pleated skirts with uggs from c. 2003-2004 or the low leather pants from c. 2001-2002.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 07/14/06 at 3:12 pm

Something like this girl:

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/14/06 at 3:25 pm

In the preppie, early '00s slut, boho, hipster, or emo styles.

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 07/15/06 at 7:17 pm

Future kids will probably start mixing up stuff from 2002, 2006 and 2009.  They won't understand you if you try to correct them. 

In their heads they would just think everything happened at the same time.  The same way people sometimes think every fad, fashion, hairstyle and slang word happened all in the same week with the other decades.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 07/15/06 at 7:23 pm

Future kids will probably start mixing up stuff from 2002, 2006 and 2009.  They won't understand you if you try to correct them. 

In their heads they would just think everything happened at the same time.  The same way people sometimes think every fad, fashion, hairstyle and slang word happened all in the same week with the other decades.

They'd probably think the shaggy haircut of 2005-2006 was being worn in 2001  ;D

Written By: Tia on 07/15/06 at 10:49 pm

Something like this girl:
she looks very late 70s, early 80s punk rock to me. i love the scene from ghost world when enid gets the authentic 1978 punk look going.

Check for new replies or respond here...