inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Movies That Have Changed The Course of the '00s

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/15/06 at 11:16 pm

I think The Matrix from '99 and the followups, along with the mini-sci fi boom of the early '00s with titles like A.I., Minority Report, etc., helped establish the interest in "dark technology" and futurism which dominates the '00s. Also, I think alot of the political type movies from late '05 helped to diminish support for the Bush presidency and increase political awareness, since most of them were made/conceived around the election time of '04.

Subject: Re: Movies That Have Changed The Course of the '00s

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/16/06 at 11:43 am

If you include movies made before 2000, 1999 is a bumper year for movies that had influence in the 00s. American Pie was a veritable influence on teen/youth culture - who can say that after watching it, 'Band Camp' did not take on a whole new meaning?  :D Horror movies (both low and high budget) such as the Blair Witch Project, the Sixth Sense, Scream.etc were lampooned, lambasted, satired and endlessly made the butt of jokes (the Scary Movie series' etc) throughout the early 00s, and hence spawned (or rather, revived) a whole new genre in comedic horror/horror parodies (as opposed to 'Black' humour or Horror/humour)

Check for new replies or respond here...