inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Adam Sandler movies=great music

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/16/06 at 12:59 am

Has anyone else ever noticed that nearly all of Adam Sandler's movies, have GREAT songs on their soundtracks? His movies tend to fancy older music (ones that I totally adore).  Here's just an example of some of the music that he features on his movies:

Small Town - John Mellencamp
Let's Groove - Earth, Wind & Fire
I've Seen All Good People - Yes
Babe - Styx
If I Can't Have You - Yvonne Elliman
etc....

PLUS all of the great 80's tunes on The Wedding Singer soundtracks.

I also just went to see, "Click"...and I am hoping that they bring that soundtrack out because it also had a ton of great retro music.

Subject: Re: Adam Sandler movies=great music

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/16/06 at 1:03 am

See, that's because the movies suck.  You gotta try and find some way to reel them in, so why not try the music?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/16/06 at 1:04 am

See, that's because the movies suck.  You gotta try and find some way to reel them in, so why not try the music?

I've always been a sucker for his movies...I don't know...there's something about him that is appealing to me. I saw, "Click" tonight...I thought that it was his best movie, by far...it had such a great story line.

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/16/06 at 12:10 pm

It's true most of Adam Sandlers movies are B-grade fodder - but some of the standouts like 'Happy Gilmore', 'The Wedding Singer'.etc are matched by equally good soundtracks. The theme tune of Happy Gilmore - 'Magic' by Pilot (and the early 90s hip-hop hit 'Jump Around') are as memorable to me as the movie is.

Check for new replies or respond here...