inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is it just mean or does the only thing that matter nowadays sex appeal?

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/16/06 at 3:50 pm

Maybe I'm just on a rant here, I don't know, but I feel as if Hollywood will take looks over talent in all cases nowadays.  I see so many young women with tremendous skill, ability, talent and passion for acting get shoved aside by very mediocre actresses that are drop dead gorgeous.  Don't get me wrong, beauty is a great thing, but anymore I'd rather see one hell of a performance than one hell of a set of double D's.
  Looking at movie poster's nowadays it seems that "sexy" is what they're going for.  Unless it's a kid's movie like "Finding Nemo" the box and the poster has the woman looking like she's ready to get it on and the guy looking like he just got double teamed by two young hotties. 
  Is it just me?  or am I on to something here?
Sex is all that they're trying to sell nowadays, not much else to it. 

I was born in 1977 and can remember a lot of 80's and early  90's movies with average looking people and even ugly people in them.  I can't think of any recent movies with any ugly people, a few average looking people and 99% of them are men.  They just don't cast women who aren't everyguy's dream any longer.

Subject: Re: Is it just mean or does the only thing that matter nowadays sex appeal?

Written By: chaka on 07/16/06 at 3:52 pm

In the 00s,it's all about sex,dearie..

Subject: Re: Is it just mean or does the only thing that matter nowadays sex appeal?

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/16/06 at 8:49 pm

In the 00s,it's all about sex,dearie..

On a personal note, I believe more in balance.

Check for new replies or respond here...