inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Christie Brinkley's Hubby Dumps Her...

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/17/06 at 7:54 pm

...for a 19-year-old who is younger than her daughter.

Lara Spencer and Pat O'Brien will report all the details on The Insider tomorrow.

Subject: Re: Christie Brinkley's Hubby Dumps Her...

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/18/06 at 11:15 am

.....and NOT very attractive ::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/18/06 at 11:19 am

.....and NOT very attractive ::)

I think she's pretty..just young.

Christie was never beautiful to me rather typical. However, I feel for her. But she may not be marriage material.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/18/06 at 1:44 pm

I think she's pretty..just young.

Christie was never beautiful to me rather typical. However, I feel for her. But she may not be marriage material.
I've only seen 1 pic of the girl and that was on a news blurb and it wasn't very flattering.....  Okay, I saw some different pics and she's better looking than the first pic I saw ;)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/18/06 at 2:15 pm

It's too bad.. but I think Christie kinda got what she deserved.  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/18/06 at 5:09 pm

Heck she's been married 4 times already.  :o  Gotta be marriage material.

I would bet $20 that she'll be remarried within 18 months of this divorce.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/18/06 at 7:25 pm

Poor, poor Christie! I look at the great fortune bestowed on human race worldwide and implore,  "Why, God, why are you so unfair to Christie Brinkley?"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/madamy.gif

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/18/06 at 7:28 pm

Heck she's been married 4 times already.  :o  Gotta be marriage material.

I would bet $20 that she'll be remarried within 18 months of this divorce.  ::)

Marriage material means lasting marriage, not ooh let's play bride and groom for a little while. lol

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/18/06 at 7:34 pm

Marriage material means lasting marriage, not ooh let's play bride and groom for a little while. lol

and, I ask, "Who actually is marriage material?"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/18/06 at 7:40 pm

and, I ask, "Who actually is marriage material?"

Fewer and fewer and fewer of us, apparently, according to the statistics over the past forty years!
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/19/06 at 6:04 am

Maybe if Christie had spent less time working out on her Total Gym and more time working out on hubby, he would not have gone for the teenager.  ;)

Maybe she can have Chuck Norris kick hubby's butt.  :P

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/19/06 at 6:31 am

Poor, poor Christie! I look at the great fortune bestowed on human race worldwide and implore,  "Why, God, why are you so unfair to Christie Brinkley?"

;D

I wouldn't mind being a

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/19/06 at 5:19 pm

;D

I wouldn't mind being a

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/19/06 at 6:06 pm

Fewer and fewer and fewer of us, apparently, according to the statistics over the past forty years!
::)

It's hard to settle down and get hitched  ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/20/06 at 3:37 am

Billy Joel and quite a few others.  Here is the tally so far...

Peter Cook (21 September 1996 - present) (separated) 1 child

Richard Taubman (22 December 1994 - 1995) (divorced) 1 son
Billy Joel (23 March 1985 - 25 August 1994) (divorced) 1 daughter
Jean-Fran

Written By: danootaandme on 07/20/06 at 5:32 pm

Maybe if Christie had spent less time working out on her Total Gym and more time working out on hubby, he would not have gone for the teenager.  ;)

Actually it seems he has been down this road before with another teenager, so gym or not he was gonna walk.

LMAO    ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/20/06 at 6:23 pm

Actually it seems he has been down this road before with another teenager, so gym or not he was gonna walk.

LMAO    ;D

Yeah but he was not married back then.  In fact he dumped the other teenager in order to be Christie's husband according to the news accounts on The Insider.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/22/06 at 7:04 am

Yeah but he was not married back then.  In fact he dumped the other teenager in order to be Christie's husband according to the news accounts on The Insider.

But it does show a preference.  Can't imagine why he married Brinkley, maybe she had more money than him, and she was the "childlike" supermodel of her day, and that child like quality is what has kept her so popular.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/22/06 at 8:53 am

But it does show a preference.  Can't imagine why he married Brinkley, maybe she had more money than him, and she was the "childlike" supermodel of her day, and that child like quality is what has kept her so popular.

He married her as a trophy.  "Hey everybody, look at me I got me a SOOPER model !".

My guess is that she is EXTREMELY high maintenance and he finally got tired of it all and looked for the "challenge" of the hunt.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/22/06 at 9:29 am

He married her as a trophy.  "Hey everybody, look at me I got me a SOOPER model !".

My guess is that she is EXTREMELY high maintenance and he finally got tired of it all and looked for the "challenge" of the hunt.

What is it about high maintenance that attracts guys?  My closest friend is extremely high maintanance and guys fall over their wallets to keep her happy.  I never quite got it.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/22/06 at 4:20 pm

What is it about high maintenance that attracts guys?  My closest friend is extremely high maintanance and guys fall over their wallets to keep her happy.  I never quite got it.

I doubt that Cook ever even considered the high maintenance part up front.  He was more likely infatuated with all the High-fives he was getting from his buddies for partying with a super model.  :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...