inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: madonna the monkey

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 07/18/06 at 2:50 pm

do any of yall think madonna will reinvent her next as a feces trowing monkey or the stripper she was always ment to be

Subject: Re: madonna the monkey

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/18/06 at 3:15 pm

you're an idiot. madonna's amazing.  the queen of pop forever and always.

Written By: woops on 07/18/06 at 3:40 pm

Madonna is one of the most over exposed and overrated "artists"  who haven't released anything decent since the early 1990's  ::)

I wouldn't be supirised if she goes emo  :D

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 07/18/06 at 4:01 pm

she just bores me even when she wants to shock people its just a cheap stunt shes just fake to me the name material gir fits her perfectl

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/19/06 at 1:52 am

Madonna does not need to re-invent herself, her popularity is as high as ever.

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/19/06 at 7:02 am

Madonna is one of the most over exposed and overrated "artists"  who haven't released anything decent since the early 1990's  ::)

I wouldn't be supirised if she goes emo  :D

and WHO are you a fan of?  i love Madonna...  i don't love everything she's ever done but if you would see her in concert on her current tour you would see that this woman is exploding with talent and has recently released some of her best material since the 80's.  get over it and stop thinking of Madonna as an 80's artist because she's not.  she's thriving right now and has been for over 20 years.

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 07/19/06 at 2:18 pm

maybe its because i live in the us and her songs just dont get played here alot but what i do year sounds like watered down disco with crappy techno beats

Written By: woops on 07/19/06 at 2:40 pm

Uh, Deborah Gibson still releases music and does it from her heart oppose to what's "hip".

Unfortunately, radio stations doesn't give her music a chance since many still look at her as the '80's pop princess.

As for Madge, don't get the hype for somebody with some talent and mostly stir controversy for getting more attention that she doesn't really need.

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/19/06 at 2:49 pm

Uh, Deborah Gibson still releases music and does it from her heart oppose to what's "hip".

Unfortunately, radio stations doesn't give her music a chance since many still look at her as the '80's pop princess.

As for Madge, don't get the hype for somebody with some talent and mostly stir controversy for getting more attention that she doesn't really need.

oh cry me a river.  madonna rocks. she always will.

Written By: Tia on 07/19/06 at 2:51 pm

oh dear, i saw this thread and thought, oh, jeez, i hope bill doesn't see this. but he did and pounced already, i see.

i actually know very little about madonna aside from her 80s stuff and that shanghai surprise movie she was in with sean penn, which allegedly wasn't terribly good. we did "material girl," the song, for an 80s cover band i was in for a while and it was a surprisingly challenging arrangement, gave me a newfound respect for her. people like study her for PhD's and stuff.

if somebody started a hatefilled thread about kim richards, i don't know what i'd do! :o

Written By: woops on 07/19/06 at 2:55 pm

Maddie's cute, especially that episode where she takes care of London's dog  :)

Wait, it's not about about Maddie from "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody"?  ???  ::)

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/20/06 at 6:55 am

Radio doesn't give her a chance because her music sucks.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/20/06 at 7:01 am

do any of yall think madonna will reinvent her next as a feces trowing monkey or the stripper she was always ment to be

Firstly before you make such a cretinous statement make sure you have a dictionary to hand.

Madonna's music has improved/adapted as she has matured and her voice/image has definitely got better as she's aged - in the 80's she had a tendency to sound a bit drunk on helium on occasion. She's like a good fashion model, able to shape herself to different situations without looking like 'mutton dressed as lamb.'

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/20/06 at 9:03 am

Firstly before you make such a cretinous statement make sure you have a dictionary to hand.

Madonna's music has improved/adapted as she has matured and her voice/image has definitely got better as she's aged - in the 80's she had a tendency to sound a bit drunk on helium on occasion. She's like a good fashion model, able to shape herself to different situations without looking like 'mutton dressed as lamb.'

you're my new best friend.

Written By: Suite Life on 07/20/06 at 2:24 pm

Radio doesn't give her a chance because her music sucks.

Radio and MTV play Madge's garbage because of payola

Deborah Gibson is the goddess of pop!!!

...and also very versatile when it comes to music.  8) :-*

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/20/06 at 3:51 pm

Radio and MTV play Madge's garbage because of payola

Deborah Gibson is the goddess of pop!!!

...and also very versatile when it comes to music.  8) :-*

are you kidding me????? Mariah Carey knows ALL ABOUT Payola.  Madonna hardly gets played on radio in the US.

Deborah Gibson SUCKS and  is not nearly as "versatile" as Madonna

Written By: woops on 07/20/06 at 4:00 pm

are you kidding me????? Mariah Carey knows ALL ABOUT Payola.  Madonna hardly gets played on radio in the US.

Deborah Gibson SUCKS and  is not nearly as "versatile" as Madonna

Have you even listened to Deb's later material?

Though I'm not a big fan of Mariah, she happens to be a good singer.

Written By: Tia on 07/20/06 at 4:22 pm

lol. you guys are taking this WAY too seriously. :o

i'd totally tune in for a debbie gibson-madonna celebrity death match. kim richards vs. demi moore would also be a really hot one.

Written By: Eac Zeffron on 07/20/06 at 4:37 pm

lol. you guys are taking this WAY too seriously. :o

i'd totally tune in for a debbie gibson-madonna celebrity death match. kim richards vs. demi moore would also be a really hot one.

It's Deborah, not Debbie, which she was forced to be called from Atlantic Records.

http://www.womenthatrock.com/features/deborah_gibson.html

Madge maybe a pop icon to many, but she's a nobody to me...

Please, I was in diapers when Madge made good pop songs...

And no, I ain't Da Brat  ::)

Written By: Tia on 07/20/06 at 5:07 pm

i refuse to call her deborah.

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/20/06 at 8:23 pm

Hmm...

I'm a big Madonna fan, and I'm going to defend her. Her material from the '90s was just as good and arguably more consistent (on the albums) than from the '80s, but she was underplayed by radios, particularly with Erotica, due to the '80s backlash. Madonna has produced good stuff since 1989, it's just not the general opinion. I think she's one of the few pop stars out there with the versatility and artistry to have had her material remain fresh and relatively undated since 1983. The only other people I can say that for are MJ and Prince, of mainstream pop stars. Jody Watley, Janet Jackson, Debbie Gibson, etc. sound hellishly dated now, honestly. The amount of originality and "pop artistry" of both her '80s and '90s work, particularly her concerts and music videos, along with the music itself, shows that she is a major talent, as much as she is an image-monger.

Some of her best songs have been released since 1989: "Vogue", "Rescue Me", "Justify My Love", "Erotica", "Bad Girl", "Rain", "Deeper and Deeper", "Fever", "Where Life Begins", "Take a Bow", "Secret", "Survivor", "Bedtime Stories", "Hung Up", "Sorry", and really everything from Ray of Light. Debbie Gibson is talented, but I think she's currently in her best place as a Broadway star...it's what really suits her.

Mariah Carey...eh. She's a talented vocalist (though she can't compare to Aretha), but her music bores me.

Written By: Eac Zeffron on 07/20/06 at 8:26 pm

Deborah Gibson's early songs may sound dated, but she has evolved into a A/C songstress 

But no respect for former teen idols

Heck, wasn't Alanis a teen idol too  ???

Written By: Eac Zeffron on 07/20/06 at 8:28 pm

Deborah Gibson's early songs may sound dated, but she has evolved into a A/C songstress 

I know she does Broadway, but she still release great music.

Ashley Tisdale, take note  :D

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/20/06 at 8:29 pm

I don't have anything against being a teen idol. Cyndi Lauper was a teen idol...I respect Deborah Gibson, I just think Madonna is better.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/20/06 at 8:30 pm

I know she does Broadway, but she still release great music.

Ashley Tisdale, take note  :D

holy crap Woops..just HOW many screen names DO you have? why the need for so many? ??? :o

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/21/06 at 9:41 am

Hmm...

I'm a big Madonna fan, and I'm going to defend her. Her material from the '90s was just as good and arguably more consistent (on the albums) than from the '80s, but she was underplayed by radios, particularly with Erotica, due to the '80s backlash. Madonna has produced good stuff since 1989, it's just not the general opinion. I think she's one of the few pop stars out there with the versatility and artistry to have had her material remain fresh and relatively undated since 1983. The only other people I can say that for are MJ and Prince, of mainstream pop stars. Jody Watley, Janet Jackson, Debbie Gibson, etc. sound hellishly dated now, honestly. The amount of originality and "pop artistry" of both her '80s and '90s work, particularly her concerts and music videos, along with the music itself, shows that she is a major talent, as much as she is an image-monger.

Some of her best songs have been released since 1989: "Vogue", "Rescue Me", "Justify My Love", "Erotica", "Bad Girl", "Rain", "Deeper and Deeper", "Fever", "Where Life Begins", "Take a Bow", "Secret", "Survivor", "Bedtime Stories", "Hung Up", "Sorry", and really everything from Ray of Light. Debbie Gibson is talented, but I think she's currently in her best place as a Broadway star...it's what really suits her.

Mariah Carey...eh. She's a talented vocalist (though she can't compare to Aretha), but her music bores me.

Respect to you James..you always talk sense man, pity others can't see the obvious in her

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/21/06 at 3:04 pm

Respect to you James..you always talk sense man, pity others can't see the obvious in her

Thank you  ;D

The dislike of Madonna is stronger in America for several reasons. One, the '80s backlash was stronger here, and two, we can't find older women sexy.

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 07/24/06 at 12:17 pm

why must madonna fans always hate on mariah their so diffrent i dont dislike madonna because of her fans but they sure dont help

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 07/24/06 at 2:52 pm

oooo and honey heres a lil info for you mariah got where she is because of talent i would like see to madonna write and co write almost all of her songs and dont be mad because people still listen to mariah thats why shes the number one selling female artist of all time and is only 3 songs away from having the most number ones of any singer ever but i do have to say i did like the madonna song take a bow and i liked the video too she showed so much self control i never saw her spread her legs one TIME! i was so pround well im done with being catty bye bye

Written By: Jessica on 07/24/06 at 2:55 pm

oooo and honey heres a lil info for you mariah got where she is because of talent i would like see to madonna write and co write almost all of her songs and dont be mad because people still listen to mariah thats why shes the number one selling female artist of all time and is only 3 songs away from having the most number ones of any singer ever but i do have to say i did like the madonna song take a bow and i liked the video too she showed so much self control i never saw her spread her legs one TIME! i was so pround well im done with being catty bye bye

Didn't Mariah do a bunch of remakes and sample a lot of songs?

Sorry, I like both of them, but Mariah isn't perfect and neither is Madonna.

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 07/24/06 at 5:03 pm

yeah she did do alot of remakes in the 90's maybe like one each album but she writes or co writes most of her music and yeah i know shes not perfect and i know i started this trend but why do madonna fans always have to bring up mariah like they are similar when they arent and never have been

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/25/06 at 9:17 am

this is the stupidest comment yet.  madonna DOES write and co-write MOST of her songs!!! she is absolutely bursting with talent.

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/25/06 at 9:19 am

oh, and Mariah is only popular in the US, really.  Madonna is an international phenomenon.

i don't hate Mariah.  but i hate how everyone has to compare her success and talent to Madonna.

Madonna rules.  FOREVER>  CATCH IT!

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 07/25/06 at 1:27 pm

mariah has the number one selling album of all time in japan and is very popular in south america and in asia but whatever my posts have been childish and i should have kept my comments to my self and not made the trend and i do in some ways respect madonna and what she has done for pop music there are much worse than her so sorry for upseting  the fans and sorry for being a azz

Subject: MADONNA

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/26/06 at 12:08 pm

oh, and Mariah is only popular in the US, really.  Madonna is an international phenomenon.

i don't hate Mariah.  but i hate how everyone has to compare her success and talent to Madonna.

Madonna rules.  FOREVER>  CATCH IT!

>>> CAUGHT<<<<

Yes, the thing is MADONNA and Mariah Carey both make completely different music but both are world class artists - surely.. and sorry Woops, but Debbie Gibson isn't in the same class as these two, plus she isn't even heard of now in the UK - I have no idea why she is mentioned in the same breath thread as these two legends.

Written By: woops on 07/26/06 at 3:56 pm

Atleast Deb can act...

Heck, even Brenda Song is a better actress than Madonna  :D

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/27/06 at 7:27 am

Atleast Deb can act...

what has "Deborah" acted in?    :D  :D

now that you've lost your argument about Madonna's music you're going to resort to attacking her acting??  really sad.  i know madonna's not a great actress and never claimed that she was.  but i've never seen Deborah in anything... madonna was good in a couple movies at least.

get over it.  madonna reigns supreme by all accounts.

Subject: Re: MADONNA - Music and Style Icon

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/27/06 at 12:30 pm

Atleast Deb can act...

but I thought this discussion was about her musical ability?

now that you've lost your argument about Madonna's music you're going to resort to attacking her acting??  really sad.  i know madonna's not a great actress and never claimed that she was.  but i've never seen Deborah in anything... madonna was good in a couple movies at least.

Bill you're my new best friend   ;D

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/27/06 at 1:29 pm

but I thought this discussion was about her musical ability?

Bill you're my new best friend   ;D

at least we have each other in the screwy world.  i'm so tyred of it all!!

Written By: Eac Zeffron on 07/27/06 at 2:23 pm

I posted a Madonna is cool thread on an Ashley Tisdale board and it was ignored  8)

The new generation don't care so I win fo' sho'

I bet you don't know who Brenda Song is?

There's only one Maddie who can be top of the world and it ain't Madge

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/28/06 at 7:04 am

I posted a Madonna is cool thread on an Ashley Tisdale board and it was ignored  8)

The new generation don't care so I win fo' sho'

I bet you don't know who Brenda Song is?

There's only one Maddie who can be top of the world and it ain't Madge

i am so over this discussion.  i don't know or care who Brenda Song is.  i don't know or care who Ashley Tisdale is.  the younger generation DOES have an interest in Madonna - "Hung Up" was #1 on TRL for months until it was retired at the top spot.  Who watches TRL?  Teenagers.

Ta ta.

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 07/28/06 at 9:43 am

her only song from the album on trl and none of the other songs have made the top 40 in the US

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/28/06 at 9:52 am

I'm still trying to figure out why "The Suite Life Of Zack And Cody" keeps being unnecessarily mentioned.

Damn, there it is again.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/28/06 at 10:45 am

I'm still trying to figure out why "The Suite Life Of Zack And Cody" keeps being unnecessarily mentioned.

Damn, there it is again.

Because it's an amazing show... Maybe even better than "High School Musical"

Perhaps I should watch one of them before I make comparisons...

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/28/06 at 12:19 pm

i am so over this discussion.  i don't know or care who Brenda Song is.  i don't know or care who Ashley Tisdale is.  the younger generation DOES have an interest in Madonna - "Hung Up" was #1 on TRL for months until it was retired at the top spot.  Who watches TRL?  Teenagers.

Ta ta.

It on the radio here right now..starts dancing in a Madonna fashion   ;D

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/28/06 at 12:36 pm

her only song from the album on trl and none of the other songs have made the top 40 in the US

wrong again.  "sorry" made it to #1 on TRL as well.

give it up, please.  you're embarrassing yourself.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/28/06 at 12:38 pm

wrong again.  "sorry" made it to #1 on TRL as well.

give it up, please.  you're embarrassing yourself.

yes

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 07/28/06 at 1:33 pm

this is my last post on this because its a waste of time basicly not many people in the states care for her music any more because its very techno and werid like that but yes i know she is huge in europe and in other countries im just stating the fact madonna hasnt had a number one hit here in a while im not saying that wont change but it is what it is

Written By: MADONNA on 07/28/06 at 2:08 pm

this is my last post on this because its a waste of time basicly not many people in the states care for her music any more because its very techno and werid like that but yes i know she is huge in europe and in other countries im just stating the fact madonna hasnt had a number one hit here in a while im not saying that wont change but it is what it is

good

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/28/06 at 3:01 pm

You're full of crap.  Enjoy!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/28/06 at 3:47 pm

good

Maddie knows her stuff

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/06 at 7:33 am

The or any popstars or groups do not need to have a number one record to be successful.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/01/06 at 10:28 am

'There are more important things than hearing you speak'

Subject: Re: MADONNA

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/01/06 at 12:52 pm

'There are more important things than hearing you speak'

you da bomb!

Written By: Mark Leech on 08/01/06 at 2:08 pm

Who cares if she hasn't had a US number 1 for years?  It's only one country out of many, and she's had No. 1's all over Europe in recent years.  I know which I'd prefer...........

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/06 at 2:39 pm

On MTV's 100 Top Vidoes, Madonna has achieved 1st, 4th and 5th videos, so someone loves her out there.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/01/06 at 2:44 pm

Who cares if she hasn't had a US number 1 for years?  It's only one country out of many, and she's had No. 1's all over Europe in recent years.  I know which I'd prefer...........

Exactly.

Her new record 'Get Together'  just came on the radio - another great dance record. Infact she's been making great dance records since she started. Madonna has managed her transition from 80's through to the 2000's with professional ease and is still coming up with the goods. From 80's Pop to the new techno style of dance around now in the 2000's,  can't say she isn't adaptable

'Cmon check it out with me'   ;D

Written By: Mark Leech on 08/01/06 at 2:45 pm

A girl I work with went to see her in Cardiff at the weekend - the thing sold out in minutes so she's still in demand (in the UK at least).

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/06 at 2:46 pm

Exactly.

Her new record 'Get Together'  just came on the radio - another great dance record. Infact she's been making great dance records since she started. Madonna has managed her transition from 80's through to the 2000's with professional ease and is still coming up with the goods. From 80's Pop to the new techno style of dance around now in the 2000's,  can't say she isn't adaptable

'Cmon check it out with me'   ;D
Hopefully it will be played on Radio2, the number one record Hung Up was and was well liken.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/06 at 2:47 pm

A girl I work with went to see her in Cardiff at the weekend - the thing sold out in minutes so she's still in demand (in the UK at least).
What are these reports on 5,000 unsold seats?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/01/06 at 2:49 pm

What are these reports on 5,000 unsold seats?

wasn't that Geldof the bores concert?

Written By: Mark Leech on 08/01/06 at 2:50 pm

She said the place was packed.  Supported by Paul Oakenfold apparently...............

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/06 at 2:50 pm

wasn't that Geldof the bores concert?
In Amsterdam?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/06 at 2:52 pm

She said the place was packed.  Supported by Paul Oakenfold apparently...............
Traffic Wales said it had put in place plans to cope with the extra traffic.

Written By: Mark Leech on 08/01/06 at 2:55 pm

Whenever there's a big event in Cardiff it also gets packed here - a lot of people would rather stay in Bristol and drive over on the day.........

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/01/06 at 2:57 pm

In Amsterdam?

Oh thought it may have been here.
No one has a clue what Sir Bob actually stands for these days? Is it a Peace campaigner, a Humanitarian, an Author or a Musician? or all of these!
no wonder his arranged concert didn't sell enough tickets, people are too muddled and can't remember that he actually fronted the Boomtown Rats..um ages ago

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/06 at 2:59 pm

Whenever there's a big event in Cardiff it also gets packed here - a lot of people would rather stay in Bristol and drive over on the day.........
A friend of mine had traffic trouble when his football was in the play-offs at the Millennium Stadium, and that was a Second division team.

Check for new replies or respond here...