inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jimmy Savile to co-present final Top Of The Pops

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/19/06 at 11:41 am

Sir Jimmy Savile will co-host the final edition of Top Of The Pops on 30 July. The veteran DJ, 79, said he immediately agreed to take part in the show, telling producers: "I did the first one, and I'll do the last."

Subject: Re: Jimmy Savile to co-present final Top Of The Pops

Written By: Paul on 07/19/06 at 2:34 pm

With trademark cigar, presumably...

Written By: karen on 07/20/06 at 6:40 am

Well, how's about that then guys n gals?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/20/06 at 6:53 am

Sir Jimmy Savile will co-host the final edition of Top Of The Pops on 30 July. The veteran DJ, 79, said he immediately agreed to take part in the show, telling producers: "I did the first one, and I'll do the last."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/graphics/2004/12/27/bvsav27.jpg
            Sir Jimmy Savile

that will a show to remember, pity the current run of presenters don't have the same presence style and wit that the oldies from the 60's-80's did.

fc are you reading this

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/21/06 at 2:56 am

With trademark cigar, presumably...
Now then, now then!

Written By: Paul on 07/21/06 at 4:34 pm

Here's an interesting side-order of trivia (which you probably never asked for, but there's no extra charge!)

Back in ye 1960's (1962, to be exact), Jim released a 'cover' of Ray Stevens' 'Ahab The Arab' and backing him (altho' not credited on the record) was Brian Poole & The Tremeloes...

It was one of the group's first 'tasks' for Decca...the label that signed them in preference to the Beatles...

So, if Decca had signed The Fabs...would they have been conned into backing Jim?  :o

Perhaps we'll never know...

Check for new replies or respond here...