inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Teaser Trailer (2007)

Written By: WalkerP20 on 07/22/06 at 7:00 am

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/teenagemutantninjaturtles/tmnt_large.html

The entire movie is made in CGI.  The release date is March 30th, 2007.  That's pretty cool though because the Original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle" movie was released on March 30th, 1990.  So approximatelly 17 years later, we have ourselves a new one...in CGI

Can't wait to check it out  8)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/takineko182/LeoAggressiveCG.png

Subject: Re: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Teaser Trailer (2007)

Written By: WalkerP20 on 07/22/06 at 12:00 pm

I just listened to a pretty long Audio clip of the makers of the movie discussing it.  They say it will follow the original movies and takes place after Part 2.  Shredder is no longer the Main Enemy, but he will make an appearance (Which could set up for a Sequel) and this will not exactly be strictly a Kids movie, but is a little more Dark and Adults can really appreciate it.  Sounds Great so far

Written By: Nylsa on 07/22/06 at 9:06 pm

Will Eminem appear in it since Vanilla Ice was in the original  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/22/06 at 10:20 pm

Coooool!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/22/06 at 10:22 pm

So this is like an animated film where even human characters like Casey Jones are animated?  Hmmm...could be cool although I missed the sort of real-life feel of the very first movie.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/23/06 at 12:14 am

I don't agree with this computer animation crap. I say if someone were to rerelease the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, it'd be blow this new one out of the water in box office results. 

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/23/06 at 2:21 am

I don't agree with this computer animation crap. I say if someone were to rerelease the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, it'd be blow this new one out of the water in box office results. 

That movie was awesome. I still watch it sometimes even now. I guess i'm a bit biased but I just don't think the new movie can be as good as the original.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/23/06 at 8:10 am

I agree, the original was good.

Written By: Dave79 on 07/25/06 at 5:03 am

That movie was awesome. I still watch it sometimes even now. I guess i'm a bit biased but I just don't think the new movie can be as good as the original.

Yep I agree, hardly any new version of any movie, can been as good as the original. Unless the first was made wayyy back and then you have a good shot.

--
Dave.

Written By: HunkyDory on 07/25/06 at 9:35 pm

COOLL!!! :D

Written By: Ebontyne on 07/26/06 at 1:54 pm

I remember my dad taking me to see the original movie when I was little, because I was such an avid watcher of the cartoon. I also remember being disappointed that Krang wasn't in it... Though it seems a bit silly to dislike a movie just because a talking brain isn't in it. ;)

As for this new movie.... That's cool! Ninja Turtles never seems to completely die.

Written By: Dave79 on 07/26/06 at 5:57 pm

I'll just wait and see what happends, but I'm not expecting it to be very good.

--
Dave.

Check for new replies or respond here...