inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What do you think about 2006 now?

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/23/06 at 3:58 pm

Now that 2006 is more than halfway over, I thought I'd ask what are your thoughts about this year? I think it's getting worse with the U.S. and world events. More chaos like with the recent events in the Middle East. The economy in the U.S. is going downhill, and looks like we are near a recession. Also, the above average heat in the U.S. this summer is irritating a lot of people, not to mention that people are a lot more rude this year compared to 2004 and 2005. As far as pop-culture, the movies are not nearly as good as 2005 and the music is garbage. It's sad that Paris Hilton's song "Stars Are Blind" is a hit since there's not much else to compete with. In my life, it's ok. Not one of my better years but it could be a lot worse. However, 2006 really makes me miss 2005 and 2004.

Subject: Re: What do you think about 2006 now?

Written By: Roadgeek on 07/23/06 at 6:55 pm

For me so far, 2006 is better than 2004 but worse than 2005.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/23/06 at 7:09 pm

Why not just bump up one of the other 50 threads on this exact subject instead of creating a new one?  ::)

Written By: sonikuu on 07/23/06 at 7:53 pm

Also, the above average heat in the U.S. this summer is irritating a lot of people, not to mention that people are a lot more rude this year compared to 2004 and 2005.

I fail to see how people are any more rude now than they've always been.  Honestly, I've seen no change.  Are you sure you're not just imagining it?  Keep in mind that if people think something is there (such as increased rudeness) they will likely see that when they look around, even if it's not necessarily there.  Just like if you think that society is about to collapse, you will likely see so-called "signs" of it's collapse, even if those signs really don't mean anything or have always been there.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/23/06 at 7:59 pm

More pop, less rap in music. Politics is the same crap it's been for a while now.

Written By: whistledog on 07/23/06 at 8:01 pm

Why not just bump up one of the other 50 threads on this exact subject instead of creating a new one?  ::)

My thoughts exactly!

Written By: woops on 07/23/06 at 9:16 pm

boring...  ::)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/23/06 at 11:05 pm

It's O.K. Nothing more, nothing less.

Check for new replies or respond here...