inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gibson arrested on suspicion of DUI

Written By: woops on 07/29/06 at 5:14 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/28/gibson.dui/index.html

Subject: Re: Gibson arrested on suspicion of DUI

Written By: whistledog on 07/29/06 at 10:19 pm

I heard about this, but how dare they mess with Mel.  Aren't celebrities supposed to be above the law  ::)

Debbie Gibson would never get arrested for DUI ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/29/06 at 10:20 pm

How can you be suspected of a DUI?  Either you're drunk or you're not.

Written By: woops on 07/29/06 at 11:51 pm

The purpose of this was to see people's reactions since most people tend to associate drug charges with former child stars/teen idols unfortunately.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/30/06 at 12:16 am

The purpose of this was to see people's reactions since most people tend to associate drug charges with former child stars/teen idols unfortunately.

They do?  Since when?

Written By: woops on 07/30/06 at 12:20 am

stop with the sarcasm since I'm sick of the flaming

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/30/06 at 12:22 am

stop with the sarcasm since I'm sick of the flaming

That was a legitimate question.  I wasn't aware that drug charges were only associated with teen stars.  I know several that have had drug problems, but the list of non-teen stars that have had them is far longer.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/30/06 at 6:15 am

That was a legitimate question.  I wasn't aware that drug charges were only associated with teen stars.  I know several that have had drug problems, but the list of non-teen stars that have had them is far longer.

This is true.  Drug/alcohol charges/abuse aren't associated specifically with teen stars, adult stars are in the thick of it.  Robert Downey jr, Gary Busey, Zsa Zsa, River Phoenix, Marilyn Monroe, Drew Barrymore, the list is endless.  Some of get over it, some revel in it, some die. 

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/30/06 at 11:00 am

A lot of teen/child stars have been heavily involved with drugs.  You smoke the refer, you get caught, people are going to know.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/30/06 at 4:30 pm

Wonder what his Dad, and his religion, have to say about all this. 

Written By: AmandaSparks on 07/30/06 at 5:52 pm

Debbie Gibson would never get arrested for DUI ;)

Okay, that's funny.  8)

I'm wondering if this is going to kill his career. He has often been accused of being misogynistic and anti-semitic and another article I read outlined exactly what epithets and sexist comments he flung seeming to prove the rumors; it wasn't pretty.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/30/06 at 6:19 pm

Okay, that's funny.  8)

I'm wondering if this is going to kill his career. He has often been accused of being misogynistic and anti-semitic and another article I read outlined exactly what epithets and sexist comments he flung seeming to prove the rumors; it wasn't pretty.

Yes, but after all he was DRUNK at the time.  Drunks are not exactly known for coherent proclamations.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/30/06 at 7:32 pm

Okay, that's funny.  8)

No, it won't kill his career.  They understand money and he has a lot of it.  Getting caught drunk driving is nothing.  Matthew Broderick was driving recklessly in Ireland, killed two people and crippled a third, was fined $175 and it hasn't seemed to hurt him

Written By: Tia on 07/30/06 at 9:40 pm

This is true.  Drug/alcohol charges/abuse aren't associated specifically with teen stars, adult stars are in the thick of it.  Robert Downey jr, Gary Busey, Zsa Zsa, River Phoenix, Marilyn Monroe, Drew Barrymore, the list is endless.  Some of get over it, some revel in it, some die. 
1. kim richards should try that! it worked for debbie gibson.

2. mel will just chalk it up to persecution at the hands of the New World Order. you know he's a paranoid nutbag, right? not that there's anything wrong with that.

3. i had no idea about matthew broderick. that freaks me out! i really like matthew broderick. i hope he wasn't hopped up on meth or anything.

Written By: AmandaSparks on 07/30/06 at 9:46 pm

I think M Broderick was drunk and ran into someone over in Ireland; he broke his leg and Jennifer Grey ended up getting plastic surgery out of it so she now looks like someone else.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/31/06 at 5:35 am

I think M Broderick was drunk and ran into someone over in Ireland; he broke his leg and Jennifer Grey ended up getting plastic surgery out of it so she now looks like someone else.

Nah, Jennifer Grey got the nose job separately.  Unbelieveably she either thought (or was convinced by advisors, I don't know which) that her natural nose was not good for her career.

She oughta get her old nose back.  :-\\

Written By: STAR70 on 07/31/06 at 3:50 pm

Wonder what his Dad, and his religion, have to say about all this. 

Gibson's Dad will say " It's a Jewish conspiracy!!!"

The arrest itself isn't even half the story. The L.A. sherriff's dept covered up the arrest record with all of Mel's anti-semetic remarks. (Mel has done charity work for the LASD)

File this under "The Evil That Rich And Powerful Heterosexual White Christian Men Do"

click and scroll down

www.tmz.com

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/31/06 at 5:06 pm

Yes, but after all he was DRUNK at the time.  Drunks are not exactly known for coherent proclamations.

This is where the conservative proclamations of "Personal Responsibility" out to come into play. 
First, don't drink and drive, Mel.
Secondly, I guess playing a cop on the silver screen didn't inform him on
ARRESTEE ETIQUETTE:
a. Once the police office returns to your vehicle his or her mind is made up.  If you're getting cuffed and booked, you're getting cuffed and booked.
b. Do not argue.
c. Do not resist arrest.
d. Do not give the cops any lip.
e. Do not physically lash out.
f. Do not make smutty remarks to a female officer.
g. Do not make ethnic slurs.
h. Do not spout gibberish about conspiracies.
i. Do not try to break objects at the precinct station.
j. DO: KEEP YOUR F**KING MOUTH SHUT!
Apparently, Mr. Gibson behaved contrary to all of the above, except the final item!

If your name is Mel Gibson, and your father is a loopy anti-semite, and you made a cinematic passion play that ignited suspicions YOU TOO might be a loopy anti-semite, don't go on a drunken rant to the cops about the effing Jews this, and the effing Jews that, and the effing Jews run the world!

If Mel was not roaring drunk in the first place, he might have avoided some or all of these pitfalls.

I just wonder what all the rightwing pundits who embraced The Passion of The Christ as the greatest thing to come out of Hollywood since the heyday of Charlton Heston, and who insisted Passion was not anti-semitic, and who are now cheerleading Israel....I just wonder what they're all going to say about Mel now.  My guess is they are goig to say nothing and make the story go away.  You'll see.

Now, if the same hullabaloo went down only it was Tim Robbins who did all that, not Mel Gibson, well.....
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angryfire.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/31/06 at 5:36 pm

If Mel was not roaring drunk in the first place, he might have avoided some or all of these pitfalls.

I just wonder what all the rightwing pundits who embraced The Passion of The Christ as the greatest thing to come out of Hollywood since the heyday of Charlton Heston, and who insisted Passion was not anti-semitic, and who are now cheerleading Israel....I just wonder what they're all going to say about Mel now.  My guess is they are goig to say nothing and make the story go away.  You'll see.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angryfire.gif

I agree that Mel has nothing but his drunkenness to blame for this incident.  Throw the book at him, I say.  No room on our streets for inebriated drivers.  >:(

Now before you mention that the "right wing" is fawning all over Israel, note that Israel has bought off almost ALL of the US Congress.  Liberal and conservative alike would give their left one before saying anything against Israel.

'Cause if you say ANYTHING against Israel you are immediately accused of being antisemitic and a holocaust denier.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/31/06 at 8:05 pm

Just was watching TV and some wank said "There has never been such an embarassing nuclear meltdown of a celebrity".

I'm like... WTF?  What about O.J. snuffing Nicole and Ron, or Robert Blake rubbing out Bonnie Lee Bakely, or Phil Spector terminating what's her name?  Or Jesse Jackson's "Hymietown" incident or  Lyndon Johnson's "N-word" outburst?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/31/06 at 9:49 pm

Just was watching TV and some wank said "There has never been such an embarassing nuclear meltdown of a celebrity".

I'm like... WTF?  What about O.J. snuffing Nicole and Ron, or Robert Blake rubbing out Bonnie Lee Bakely, or Phil Spector terminating what's her name?  Or Jesse Jackson's "Hymietown" incident or   Lyndon Johnson's "N-word" outburst?

a. Murder is far worse than "embarrassing."
b. Jackson and Johnson are/were politicians and public figures, I don't really see them as "celebrities."
c. Jesse Jackson meant it as a compliment.
d. LBJ said the N-word a lot 'coz he was an old Texas boy.  The best LBJ could summon was "nigruh."  It was regional, cultural, and generational. LBJ aslo did as much as he could to make life better for African-Americans.  Still doesn't make it "right" to use the N-word.  On the other hand, a lot of Black men ended up dead because LBJ couldn't pull out of Vietnam...mixed bag there I guess.

I agree that Mel has nothing but his drunkenness to blame for this incident.  Throw the book at him, I say.  No room on our streets for inebriated drivers.  >:(

Now before you mention that the "right wing" is fawning all over Israel, note that Israel has bought off almost ALL of the US Congress.  Liberal and conservative alike would give their left one before saying anything against Israel.

'Cause if you say ANYTHING against Israel you are immediately accused of being antisemitic and a holocaust denier.

Not immediately, but if you persist, yes.  There is also a deliberately blurred distinction between the state of Israel and the Jewish ethnicity and culture. It's a manner of political blackmail reserved for Israel alone.  If you criticize the government of China, nobody calls you a sinophobe...or do they?  But look at the silver lining, it brings political opposites together. For instance Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) is kinda sweet on our basketcase of a U.N. ambassador John Bolton, because Bolton is hardline on Israel.  Schumer always bugged me, he's one of those squishy liberals.  I'm glad I don't live in NY so I don't have to vote for Schumer and Clinton!

How to get your ass kicked:  Go bar-hopping with Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/beerchug.gif

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/01/06 at 5:32 pm

Why stop with movie stars and politicians? Sports figures have know to publicly embarrass themselves.
Examples:
The afore mentioned OJ
Jimmy The Greek, John Rocker and Al Campanis' bigoted remarks.
Rafael Palmeiro's perjury on steroids
And Ozzie Guillen calling a reporter a gay slur.Not to mention ordering a pitcher to beanbag an opposing player.

I'd like to see a reality show with selected celebs in every field (entertainment, sports and politics in general) to see which person can publically humiliate themselves so that nearly elicit sympathy (or not). ::)

I'm like... WTF?  What about O.J. snuffing Nicole and Ron, or Robert Blake rubbing out Bonnie Lee Bakely, or Phil Spector terminating what's her name?  Or Jesse Jackson's "Hymietown" incident or   Lyndon Johnson's "N-word" outburst?

Written By: AmandaSparks on 08/02/06 at 1:45 am

I'd like to see a reality show with selected celebs in every field (entertainment, sports and politics in general) to see which person can publically humiliate themselves so that nearly elicit sympathy (or not). ::)

I'd definitely watch that show/buy it for a dollar.  :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/02/06 at 9:51 am

Mel could very causing to his career, without even realizing it.

::)

Written By: star500 on 08/02/06 at 10:26 am

Personally, I think everyone is making more out of this then they should. I mean the guy was DRUNK! People are not in there right mind when they have had too much alcohol. And lets not forget the fact that Mel Gibson is a human being and he makes mistakes, just like everyone else. I was really pissed off when I heard that Barbara Walters said she doesn't think she will go out and see anymore of his movies. What, like Barbara Walters, never makes mistakes and is a perfect human being?? Please! Barbara Walters is a snob, that's what she is. I don't think that this is going to kill Mel Gibson's career. He is a good actor and a great director and I think everyone will see that this is just a mistake that he made and he is really and truly sorry. Also, I know he has had problems with alcohol but come on, everyone falls off the ladder eventually.

Plus, how do we know the cops are not making up the fact that he made "anti-semtic" remarks? Call me crazy but Mel was in a really good mood when he left the bar he was at, I don't think his mood would change that fast.

I think that Mel Gibson is a really nice man and I don't think a person should be judged by the mistakes they make but rather, what kind of a person they are. I'm sure Mel has a good heart.

Written By: Tia on 08/02/06 at 10:48 am

as someone with plenty of experience with alcohol, i can tell you it's incapable of generating antisemitic sentiments where none existed before.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/02/06 at 4:51 pm

Plus, how do we know the cops are not making up the fact that he made "anti-semtic" remarks? Call me crazy but Mel was in a really good mood when he left the bar he was at, I don't think his mood would change that fast.

You have a point there.  After all, it was Kalifornia authorities who tried to frame OJ by pouring his blood all over the bronco, and behind the house, and on those gloves and at the murder scene too.

Written By: Jessica on 08/02/06 at 6:03 pm

Okay, I know that him making anti-Semitic statements is a big deal. But everyone seems to be forgetting the fact that he was DRUNK and he was DRIVING. I think that him being a total chode and getting behind the wheel while inebriated is a bit more worrisome than him being a d*ck with what he said.

Besides, if you sat through "The Passion of the Christ", you shouldn't be surprised by what he said. :P

Written By: STAR70 on 08/02/06 at 7:17 pm

Plus, how do we know the cops are not making up the fact that he made "anti-semtic" remarks?

you are 180 degrees off. The L.A. sherriff's dept. tried to cover up the anti-semetic remarks. (Gibson has in the past donated 10,000 bucks to the Sherriff's STARS foundation-- can you say "conflict of interest?")

www.tmz.com

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/02/06 at 9:45 pm

ARRESTEE ETIQUETTE:
a. Once the police office returns to your vehicle his or her mind is made up.  If you're getting cuffed and booked, you're getting cuffed and booked.
b. Do not argue.
c. Do not resist arrest.
d. Do not give the cops any lip.
e. Do not physically lash out.
f. Do not make smutty remarks to a female officer.
g. Do not make ethnic slurs.
h. Do not spout gibberish about conspiracies.
i. Do not try to break objects at the precinct station.
j. DO: KEEP YOUR F**KING MOUTH SHUT!

k. Do NOT refer to the arresting officer as "Sugar t*ahem*its".  "Sugar ti*bleep*ts" is not an appropriate means of addressing a Sergeant on any police force in the United States.

http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/28/gibsons-anti-semitic-tirade-alleged-cover-up/

Written By: velvetoneo on 08/02/06 at 10:28 pm

Okay, I know that him making anti-Semitic statements is a big deal. But everyone seems to be forgetting the fact that he was DRUNK and he was DRIVING. I think that him being a total chode and getting behind the wheel while inebriated is a bit more worrisome than him being a d*ck with what he said.

Besides, if you sat through "The Passion of the Christ", you shouldn't be surprised by what he said. :P

What if Mel got really, really drunk and like went to some neighborhoods of L.A. with alot of Jews or Orthodox Jews and started some hit and run madness?

Written By: Jessica on 08/02/06 at 11:40 pm

What if Mel got really, really drunk and like went to some neighborhoods of L.A. with alot of Jews or Orthodox Jews and started some hit and run madness?

Then he is a drunk driver.

Don't think I'm excusing his comments. They sicken me to no end and I think it's BS the way everyone was/is trying to cover it up. But I'm sure that what Mel Gibson said isn't going to start an all out war in L.A., either. His drunk driving is a lot more dangerous, not only for himself, but for other people who happened to be in his way.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/04/06 at 5:46 am

This needs to be prosecuted as a hate crime.  >:(

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 08/05/06 at 5:27 am

God you guys are so quick to judge people - but you are of course the country that jumped in fright at the sight of part of Janet Jacksons boob so I guess its understandable !

Does a guy getting caught drunk driving and ranting profanities at cops make this much news every day - or is it simpley because Mel happens to be famous ?

Does being famous mean you cant be human ? Cant make mistakes ? Cant be real ?

Does anone stop to think about and wonder why a guy who has been alcohol free for 20 years is suddenly off the wagon in such a big way ? No - not one of you is wondering what could be happening in his life that has caused this sudden relapse. Instead everyone is focusing on a couple of slurred insults.

Seriously - some religions and their representatives need to get a sense of humour and take peoples comments with a grain of salt. Its a real sign of insecurity to be so affected by a persons comments.

Build a bridge - get over it.

And whatever is going on in Mels life that has caused the bottle to become his friend again after 20 years - I hope he works it out.

Written By: Tia on 08/05/06 at 6:22 am

God you guys are so quick to judge people - but you are of course the country that jumped in fright at the sight of part of Janet Jacksons boob so I guess its understandable !

Does a guy getting caught drunk driving and ranting profanities at cops make this much news every day - or is it simpley because Mel happens to be famous ?

Does anone stop to think about and wonder why a guy who has been alcohol free for 20 years is suddenly off the wagon in such a big way ? No - not one of you is wondering what could be happening in his life that has caused this sudden relapse. Instead everyone is focusing on a couple of slurred insults.

Seriously - some religions and their representatives need to get a sense of humour and take peoples comments with a grain of salt. Its a real sign of insecurity to be so affected by a persons comments.

And whatever is going on in Mels life that has caused the bottle to become his friend again after 20 years - I hope he works it out.
nobody actually took the janet jackson story seriously except the government and the media. it's a little naive to equate that silliness with the country at large, honestly.

as for caring about mel's sensitive side and the pain he's endured in life -- should we only do that if we're NOT jewish? or are jewish people going to be forced to have compassion for him too, even though he appears to hate them out of hand?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/06 at 4:25 pm

I alluded to the TV show Cops earlier.  What Mel did reminded me of those guys on Cops who get busted drunk driving and start acting all loony-toonz!

I don't chuckle at Mel's problem so much as the American Right who hitiched their wagon to Mel as the savior from the degenerate vagaries of liberal Hollywood.  The same American Right who lionized Mel and declared neither he nor his Passion of the Christ movie was anti-Semitic.  It is now amusing to watch the backpedal, make excuses, and point fingers elsewhere.  It's just like when the king of sanctimony, Dr.William Bennett, was exposed as a gambling addict.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/05/06 at 6:34 pm

It's just like when the king of sanctimony, Dr.William Bennett, was exposed as a gambling addict.

When was Bennett exposed as a "gambling addict"?  He is not exactly my cup of tea, but as i recall he said that yes, he liked to gamble and he lost alot of money doing that.  But not more money than he could afford.

If he were a true gambling addict he would have shot his wad at the roulette wheel and then gone into debt with loan sharks,  IIRC, Lucille Ball used to gamble alot but she said "I quit whwne I found that I could afford to lose alot of money" (I guess she meant the possibility of losing alot of money was part of the thrill)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/06 at 8:46 pm

When was Bennett exposed as a "gambling addict"?  He is not exactly my cup of tea, but as i recall he said that yes, he liked to gamble and he lost alot of money doing that.  But not more money than he could afford.

If he were a true gambling addict he would have shot his wad at the roulette wheel and then gone into debt with loan sharks,  IIRC, Lucille Ball used to gamble alot but she said "I quit whwne I found that I could afford to lose alot of money" (I guess she meant the possibility of losing alot of money was part of the thrill)

Nobody who blows eight million on gambling has a healthy relationship to gaming.  Bennett made the blase excuse that he "didn't gamble away the milk money."  See, moral restraint is for little people.  This is the man who wrote "The Big Book of Virtues,"  turned out to be "The Big Bookie of Virtues"!  A conscientious person does not squander eight million bucks on a degenerate past time.  Think of all the good in the world Bennett could have done with that extra eight mil he had hanging around.  Ah, but the best thing you can do for people in need, according to conservatives, is to scold.  That's what Bennett is, a public scold.  He made his career being a public scold.  The right-wing pundit class makes vast fortunes (Limbaugh, Coulter, and so forth) pushing the memes the ruling class wants people to believe.  If you make sure your pundit class has so much money they can eschew how people live in the real world, you don't have to worry about them breaking from the psychosis of zillionaire life.  As Burroughs said, "It pays to pay the boys off!"

Did Bennett expect me to believe he would blow a hundred grand at the tables and then retire to his room with Gedeon's Bible?  Bullsh*t!  Casinos give special treatment to high-rollers.  The side of Vegas the penny ante players don't see is the five-figure hookers and complimentary cocaine.  Bennett knows anyone with half a brain can figure out his Vegas lifestyle, and he doesn't care.  The Right won.  Money talks, brains walk!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/05/06 at 11:14 pm

As Tia pointed out, not everyone in this country gave a sh*t about Janet Jackson's tit being splayed all over the TV.  I didn't even see it live, as I don't watch football and therefore wouldn't be watching the Super Bowl.  It's downright insane to accuse everyone in the country of thinking the same way as the government and the media.  She wants to flop her 40-year old boob out all over the place, let her.  She's not hurting me.

Of course this is news because Mel is famous.  Do you think if my dad was caught drunk driving and slurring obscenities the national media would be all over it?  Hell no.  You pretty much answered your own question there.  And there's a big difference between making "mistakes" and driving drunk.  As Jessica pointed out earlier, what he said is reprehensible and inexcusable, but the fact is, he could have killed someone or himself by driving drunk.  That's not the kind of "mistake" you should get a pass on.  I don't care about what's going on his life that would make him think that driving around with a .12 BAC is perfectly acceptable.  It's not.  Nothing excuses behavior that can endanger the lives of yourself or others.  If he's a drunk, send his ass to rehab. 

It's been rumored for years that he's an anti-Semite.  He just proved that the rumors were true. 

Written By: danootaandme on 08/06/06 at 6:59 am

Can't be human? Does being famous mean you can be an a$$hole and recieve a pass?  I would question the alcohol free for 20 years, maybe not caught for 20 years.  The man sat in an interview and talked about his his religion and how it wouldn't allow anti-semitism, AND all the press about what a great family man he is with the what,... 6 or 7 kids.  I don't know any good family man who would refer to any female as "sugartits", a good family man has more respect for his wife and daughters to spew out something like that, and working in construction I do know a lot of guys who do drink, and were more appalled at that than the anti-semitism.  To them, the anti-semitism was not a surprise, talking that way to any female went beyond the pale

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/06/06 at 10:50 am

I don't know any good family man who would refer to any female as "sugartits", a good family man has more respect for his wife and daughters to spew out something like that,

Maybe he meant it as a compliment, albeit in his inebriated state.  :P

Written By: Jessica on 08/08/06 at 10:37 am

Not everyone in this country is a f*cking prude. I thought the whole incident was hilarious.

Of course it happened because he was famous.

Of course you can be human, but about 90% of movie stars don't act like it.

I heard that he wasn't on the wagon in the first place, and I think that came directly from his mouth in his last apology. And, like I said, the drinking and driving part was more of an issue with me than what he said. It still doesn't make it right though that he insulted an ENTIRE religion/way of life.

Oh yes. Let's dismiss the whole thing because he's a movie star. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt anyone by his comments and his actions. I wonder how quickly you'd change your tune IF he had actually killed someone while doing his stupid drinking and driving stunt.

Pfft...I didn't even care that much about this a$$ until you came in here with your snarky comments about the American people in general. But I forgot, Australians are SO perfect and don't ever do anything stupid like talk about movie stars and sh*t.

Highly unlikely. This is going to do wonders for his career.

Written By: Tia on 08/08/06 at 11:26 am

not to digress but we were watching when the janet jackson thing happened and we all thought it was hilarious. we were all, damn, did you see that? did that really happen? bececause they cut away from it super fast.

but then everybody made a big deal out of it and it stopped being fun.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/08/06 at 11:30 am

It was pretty funny.  I saw it with my friend and she was like, "Did that just happen?" and I was like "I think so".  Then there was that naked guy too.

On topic, the South Park guys are going to show the episode with Mel Gibson called "The Passion of the Jew" again :)

Written By: Gis on 08/08/06 at 12:27 pm

I agree with the other comments here. Personally I have thought for a while that Mel was a racist and too far up his own arse but really that's almost irrelevant, the drink driving is the big thing here. Some celeb getting drunk and mouthing off is one thing but thinking it's ok to get in a car drunk is another, he deserves to get the book thrown at him for that but I'm sure he won't. He'll grovel and go to rehab and that will be that.

Written By: Tia on 08/08/06 at 1:18 pm

odly, the other night i tied one on and after speeding drunkenly around town on my vespa i launched into a tirade of blaming the world's problems on mel gibson. weird, huh?

Written By: Jessica on 08/08/06 at 1:34 pm

odly, the other night i tied one on and after speeding drunkenly around town on my vespa i launched into a tirade of blaming the world's problems on mel gibson. weird, huh?

Careful what you say. You might get chewed out for making fun of Mel, you insensitive American. ::)

Written By: Tia on 08/08/06 at 1:41 pm

Careful what you say. You might get chewed out for making fun of Mel, you insensitive American. ::)
if so, it would be mel's fault. dang gibso-niks!

Written By: Jessica on 08/08/06 at 1:44 pm

if so, it would be mel's fault. dang gibso-niks!

*snort*

You get karma point. Blame Mel for that. :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/08/06 at 4:07 pm

She wants to flop her 40-year old boob out all over the place, let her.  She's not hurting me.

If anything was "offensive" to me about the whole incident it was the media's ridicule of Jackson's age.  Forty may seem old to you now, but it won't for long! 
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smilejap.gif

Yeah, if the cops pull me over, I'll start yelling about "Send Mel Gibson back to Australia! Let him tell the kangaroos and the dingos about the 'effing Jews'!"
:P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/08/06 at 4:13 pm

If anything was "offensive" to me about the whole incident it was the media's ridicule of Jackson's age.  Forty may seem old to you now, but it won't for long!

Question:  Why use a smiling japanese man as the smilie when Janet Jackson is not Japanese?  Slightly odd. 

And she looks good for her age, but no doubt the plastic surgery has helped.

Written By: Tia on 08/08/06 at 5:03 pm

Question:  Why use a smiling japanese man as the smilie when Janet Jackson is not Japanese?  Slightly odd. 

old and wise; therefore, wise man smiley.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/06 at 1:34 am

old and wise; therefore, wise man smiley.

Ah-so!

So...back on topic.  What do you call a Martini made with a cocktail onion?

A Gibson.
;D

Written By: Gis on 08/09/06 at 1:35 am

And she looks good for her age, but no doubt the plastic surgery has helped.
I'll just go park up my zimmer frame along side Janet's now shall I. For her age ?? Good Grief.

Written By: Tia on 08/09/06 at 1:56 am

I'll just go park up my zimmer frame along side Janet's now shall I. For her age ?? Good Grief.
sis morph is making all kinds of friends with that one.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/06 at 1:56 am

http://my.opera.com/Sabrina3363/homes/albums/23171/zimmer-frame.jpg

If it wasn't for the whole "milf" thing, gals my age would be outta luck altogether!  It's years before menopause and they talk about you like you 'sposeda set in a rocking chair and knit sweaters for your grandkids!

Or as Chris Rock, the John Ruskin of our times, commented on the Jackson wardrobe malfunction:

"Twenny year ol' titty, public titty! Fo'ty year ol' titty, yo' man's titty!"

Thanks, Chris, I don't know where we'd be without you to set the record straight for us!  

What annoyed me most was men who were far older than Ms. Jackson having a pop at her age.  You know, like Bill Mahar was.  Yeah, Bill, you're over 50 and you enjoy that bachelor swagger.  Thank God, you ain't a women, right Bill?  Then you'd be reaching for the Clairol and phoning around for the best plastic surgeon!  

Written By: Tia on 08/09/06 at 2:00 am

for the record, all the girls i like are pretty much 40 and up. i can't be bothered with that goofy teeny-bopper crap. they look good, sure, but they don't know what the hell they're doin'.

Written By: Gis on 08/09/06 at 2:52 am

for the record, all the girls i like are pretty much 40 and up. i can't be bothered with that goofy teeny-bopper crap. they look good, sure, but they don't know what the hell they're doin'.
Bless you sir, and a karma point for you !

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/09/06 at 12:08 pm

I've seen a lot of 40 year old women look like dog crap.  However, she's had EXTENSIVE plastic surgery.  I wonder what she'd look like now if she never gotten any.

Written By: Jessica on 08/09/06 at 1:21 pm

I've seen a lot of 40 year old women look like dog crap.  However, she's had EXTENSIVE plastic surgery.  I wonder what she'd look like now if she never gotten any.

Like her brother. :P

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/09/06 at 1:29 pm

Tito?

Written By: Gis on 08/09/06 at 1:39 pm

God that's just put me off my dinner.  :P

Written By: Jessica on 08/09/06 at 1:41 pm

God that's just put me off my dinner.  :P

Sorry. :D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/09/06 at 2:14 pm

Is there an uglier group of people on this planet?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/06 at 2:53 pm

Hey c'mon, I'm tryin' to stay on topic here!

Q. Why did Mel Gibson blame the Katrina flooding on the Jews?
A. Because he heard the Levys gave away.
:-\\

Written By: Jessica on 08/09/06 at 2:55 pm

Hey c'mon, I'm tryin' to stay on topic here!

Q. Why did Mel Gibson blame the Katrina flooding on the Jews?
A. Because he heard the Levys gave away.
:-\\

That is so wrong....and yet, I can't stop laughing. Bad me! :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/09/06 at 5:07 pm

I still say Mel should be prosecuted for a hate crime and ethnic intimidation.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/06 at 6:06 pm

"Mr. Gibson announced today that he will be entering rehab -- the Betty Ford Center for his alcoholism, and I believe the Henry Ford Center For Anti-Semitism."

Written By: danootaandme on 08/09/06 at 7:28 pm

"Mr. Gibson announced today that he will be entering rehab -- the Betty Ford Center for his alcoholism, and I believe the Henry Ford Center For Anti-Semitism."

Written By: Tia on 08/10/06 at 12:52 pm

Check for new replies or respond here...