inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Emails with EVERYTHING included...Oh nooooooo!

Written By: saver on 08/01/06 at 8:44 pm

Wow, anyone else hear of the new email program that will send the entire email to whomever???which includes all drafts and mistakes before changing the letter to what you really wnat to say...can we stop this from happening????

???

Subject: Re: Emails with EVERYTHING included...Oh nooooooo!

Written By: Roadgeek on 08/01/06 at 9:05 pm

I don't understand what you mean?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/01/06 at 10:08 pm

What in the name of donuts are you talking about?

Written By: karen on 08/02/06 at 3:57 am

Wow, anyone else hear of the new email program that will send the entire email to whomever???which includes all drafts and mistakes before changing the letter to what you really wnat to say...can we stop this from happening????

???

Years ago I used to sometimes have to work in a research facility a couple of hours drive away from my department.  We could send e-mails via an old telnet system.  That would show all your corrections and edits.  Made reading the final e-mail very confusing!

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/02/06 at 10:33 am

Years ago I used to sometimes have to work in a research facility a couple of hours drive away from my department.  We could send e-mails via an old telnet system.  That would show all your corrections and edits.  Made reading the final e-mail very confusing!

what sense would it make to have that??  that's ridiculous and i highly doubt it's going to happen... in fact i highly doubt there is even such a program....  dumb.  ::)

Written By: saver on 08/02/06 at 2:20 pm

what sense would it make to have that??  that's ridiculous and i highly doubt it's going to happen... in fact i highly doubt there is even such a program....  dumb.   ::)

It apparently made news as a Los Angeles radio station brought it up as a discussion subject.

Whether you have to pay to have the set up is not mentioned..if you write an email and change the wording to be less irate or make mistakes, the program would forward the WHOLE draft to the receiver so they can read whatever you started to say or corrected.

If it will go into effect is another story.

Check for new replies or respond here...