inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Decade pinup girls

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 08/02/06 at 11:31 am

Each decade seems to have one or two "main" pinup girls.

1970s: Farrah Fawcett and?

1980s: Madonna and?

1990s: Most of the decade, Pamela Anderson and Alicia Silverstone, then Britney came in '99.

2000s: Early '00s, Britney still. Mid-00s, not totally sure.

Opinions?

Subject: Re: Decade pinup girls

Written By: Gis on 08/03/06 at 3:25 am

I think there were more favourite pin up girls than just two per decade, especially as some appealled to different genres.Certainly the 80's brought more when the whole 'supermodel' thing happened and suddenly there was Cindy, Linda, Christie etc.The supermodels have stayed right through to today. As for the 00's there have definatly been more than just Britney! Off the top of my head Dita Von Tease is big pinup news at this moment in time. 

Written By: Davester on 08/03/06 at 5:04 am

Ah!  Come on, man..!  Everyone knows that, in the 80's, Heather Locklear's scrumptuous image has graced more walls than paint..!

groove ;) on...

Written By: woops on 08/03/06 at 6:29 pm

This decade: Scarlett Johansson...

Written By: whistledog on 08/03/06 at 10:35 pm

Decade pin-up girls will probably differ for most people.  For me, the 2000s pin-up girl is Victoria Silvstedt.  I have 4 of her posters hanging on my wall

Written By: Me on 08/04/06 at 10:45 am

Maybe by the 2010s, we will no longer feel the need to objectify women with pinups.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 08/04/06 at 8:11 pm

I'm mainly talking about the main 1 or 2 "It girls" of each decade. Most attractive, if you took polls. From my memories of the 90's, it was Pamela Anderson and Alicia Siverstone, and you could argue Cindy Crawford, and of course, Britney in '99, through the early 2000s. I think since 2004, Britney's "It girl" status, has really, really declined. From what I've seen since 2004, there doesn't seem to be, a clear cut "It girl", just a few really popular ones, like Natalie Portman, Jessica Alba, Elisa Cuthbert, and Scarlett Johansson. But I personally think Elisa is overrated. And Lindsay Lohan has too many detractors, so I won't count her.

Check for new replies or respond here...