inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mel Gibson: Stud or Dud?

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/03/06 at 6:11 pm

:) :(

Subject: Re: Mel Gibson: Stud or Dud?

Written By: woops on 08/03/06 at 6:29 pm

neither, he's just another actor in my book

Though the "Mad Max" movies are good

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/03/06 at 9:33 pm

Do you want everyone to judge you based off of one incident? Or would you rather them judge you based off of a collection of incidents looking at you from top to bottom judging based on recolection of many events and times passed? 

You already have my answer, what is yours?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/03/06 at 9:35 pm

He's an as*hole, and an anti-Semetic one at that.  Does that qualify as "dud"?

Written By: P.E.D. on 08/04/06 at 1:50 am

He's just an overrated actor. So if he is anti-semitic..why are we giving his anti-semite ideas so much attention?? That is what bigots WANT..if we don't pay attention to him and those like him, their messages of hate get lost in  the shuffle. That's why I don't really care or have an opinion on him.

Written By: Davester on 08/04/06 at 2:41 am

Do you want everyone to judge you based off of one incident? Or would you rather them judge you based off of a collection of incidents looking at you from top to bottom judging based on recolection of many events and times passed? 

I agree...

A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts, I suppose...

Mel came under scrutiny around the time when he released The Passion of the Christ.  He and his father's fanaticism were disclosed.  What happened a few days ago just confirmed it...

I did laugh when I read the report though: he called one female cop at the scene "sugar tits"... :o 

His apology is enough and he should do what he said he would - meet with Jewish community leaders and do some sort of "healing" thing.  I think, though, that he is just an erratic drunk so until he gets over his alcoholism that may not help...

He is ultra-religious, I understand, rejecting the "second Vatican" and the Vatican's proclamation in the 60s that Jews are not collectively responsible for Jesus' death so, well, you know...groove ;) on...

P.S. - IndyGent, no fair asking loaded questions... :P

Written By: Gis on 08/04/06 at 2:47 am

Well judging him on his behaviour before this incidence, which I have only heard about on these boards so I don't feel it qualifies towards my judgment, he is a big fat dud.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/04/06 at 10:04 am

He's an as*hole, and an anti-Semetic one at that.  Does that qualify as "dud"?

Pretty much.

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/04/06 at 11:59 am

he's still hot...especially as he gets older.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/04/06 at 12:15 pm

meh, I really don't care...he's okay. There are people a lot worse than him...and people a lot better than him.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/04/06 at 6:25 pm

I agree...

A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts, I suppose...

Mel came under scrutiny around the time when he released The Passion of the Christ.  He and his father's fanaticism were disclosed.  What happened a few days ago just confirmed it...

I did laugh when I read the report though: he called one female cop at the scene "sugar tits"... :o 

His apology is enough and he should do what he said he would - meet with Jewish community leaders and do some sort of "healing" thing.  I think, though, that he is just an erratic drunk so until he gets over his alcoholism that may not help...

He is ultra-religious, I understand, rejecting the "second Vatican" and the Vatican's proclamation in the 60s that Jews are not collectively responsible for Jesus' death so, well, you know...groove ;) on...

P.S. - IndyGent, no fair asking loaded questions... :P

You bring up a lot of common sense that a lot of people need to read and take into consideration.  I say that if Mark Walberg can be an asshole and NOT apologize for the many upon many incidents where he's f'd people up and over yet still be loved just cause women think he's hot, then Mel Gibson can still be respected by me for saying how he feels regardless of being unpolitically correct.

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/05/06 at 12:58 pm

Or if he was sober, politically incorrect. :D

...unpolitically correct.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/06 at 4:03 pm

Not stud, not dud.
Pud.

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/06/06 at 4:57 am

I honestly have no time for Mel Gibson...I'm not going to bad-mouth him or anything, as many are apt to do, and I think he should be praised for his achievments and chastised for his - less glamorous discretions. End of story.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/06/06 at 7:03 am

"The Picture of Dorian Grey"

He started out as way to good, as time went on he got uglier, meaner,

Written By: Davester on 08/07/06 at 6:52 am

"The Picture of Dorian Grey"

He started out as way to good, as time went on he got uglier, meaner,

Mel is currently being reprogrammed.  He'll return faster, stronger and smarter than ever before.  Ladies and gentlemen, we can rebuild him.  We have the technology groove ;) on...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/07/06 at 10:56 pm

He'll appear on FOX News a few times with Jackie Mason.  Incident resolved.  No harm, no foul.  Maybe he can become a FOX News analyst with Zell Miller.

Zell meet Mel. Mel Zell. Zell Mel!
:D

Written By: Davester on 08/08/06 at 8:27 am

He'll appear on FOX News a few times with Jackie Mason.  Incident resolved.  No harm, no foul.  Maybe he can become a FOX News analyst with Zell Miller.

Zell meet Mel. Mel Zell. Zell Mel!
:D

A realistic option, IMO...

As I understand it, he has been permanently banned from "inthe -00s" and cannot even IM Jesus H. anymore, as He has changed his username groove ;) on...

Check for new replies or respond here...