inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: mtv sucks

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 08/10/06 at 12:51 pm

i was reading that mtv is for some reason refusing to play janet jacksons new video(i know its not her best but its ok) how can mtv not play a persons video whos past videos made mtv the success it is today

Subject: Re: mtv sucks

Written By: Mushroom on 08/10/06 at 2:10 pm

i was reading that mtv is for some reason refusing to play janet jacksons new video(i know its not her best but its ok) how can mtv not play a persons video whos past videos made mtv the success it is today

Well, for one the album is not even out yet.  And it seems that the problem is that there are a bunch of fans that are flooding their request lines and boards with requests for the song, often times getting offensive.

Myself, I think they are just waiting to see what happens.  As we have seen before, MTV will not play just any video, no matter who made it.

Personally, I really don't care very much.  I am as interested in seeing Janet's newest video about as much as I am in seeing Paula Abdul's newest video.

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/10/06 at 2:19 pm

MTV plays music videos??

Written By: woops on 08/10/06 at 4:39 pm

The main reason is that Janet Jackson is nolonger "cool" anymore after her "wardrobe malfunction" a few years ago...  :P

Then again, they hardly air music videos anymore besides 2 minutes in "TRL" with screaming teenyboppers interupting it

Written By: Brian06 on 08/10/06 at 4:43 pm

Well unless you watch MTV at 4 am (that's when music videos are on), you're not going to see it anyway. And TRL shows about 30 seconds of music videos, they suck.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/10/06 at 5:06 pm

"mtv sucks"

In more breaking news, water is wet and bears sh*t in the woods.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/10/06 at 5:06 pm

Well, for one the album is not even out yet.  And it seems that the problem is that there are a bunch of fans that are flooding their request lines and boards with requests for the song, often times getting offensive.

Myself, I think they are just waiting to see what happens.  As we have seen before, MTV will not play just any video, no matter who made it.

Personally, I really don't care very much.  I am as interested in seeing Janet's newest video about as much as I am in seeing Paula Abdul's newest video.

Wow, you really are out of it.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/10/06 at 5:13 pm

MTV plays music videos??

I'm with Bill on this one...since when? I haven't seen a music video on MTV since about 1993 or maybe even before that.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/10/06 at 5:18 pm

I'm with Bill on this one...since when? I haven't seen a music video on MTV since about 1993 or maybe even before that.

Oh come on, they've played plenty of music videos since then.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/10/06 at 7:43 pm

Oh come on, they've played plenty of music videos since then.

In comparrison to VH1 or CMT or GAC or even the Disney Channel, plenty isn't near as much as Webster defines it to be.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/10/06 at 7:49 pm

mtv sucks
Is it "State The Obvious" day or something?

Written By: Brian06 on 08/10/06 at 8:02 pm

In comparrison to VH1 or CMT or GAC or even the Disney Channel, plenty isn't near as much as Webster defines it to be.

They play a lot of videos on MTV, except it's from like 3-9 AM when not too many people are watching.

Written By: whistledog on 08/10/06 at 9:48 pm

I am soo glad I don't have MTV.  What's the point of Music Television if they only play videos when everyone is asleep  ???

Written By: star500 on 08/11/06 at 5:04 pm

I hate MTV Canada. All they play is reality shows. I don't even think they play music videos at all. I don't like MuchMusic, which is another Canadian music channel, either. They both suck! >:( :P

Written By: Jujo1222 on 08/11/06 at 7:34 pm

You're over exagerating it.  MTV had been playing alot of Music Videos (Even during the afternoon) up until around 1999 or 2000, then they started in with their reality programming and other crap that took away from the play of Music Videos

I grew up loving MTV from the Early 90s to about 1998, because all I remember them doing was playing Music Videos all day long

Nothing is more annoying however then people who were born in the 70s who claim that MTV started to suck around 1988 or something, when you know darn well it was still playing Music Videos for atleast 10 years after that

Written By: Darkbreed on 08/11/06 at 9:33 pm

well as for mtv, i hate that show for the little time a day they have music on it,
it makes me mad to see all they play is rap! i mean if u look all around rap takes
over every thing, if yoyou're not into rap ur not into any thing then. ever since rap took over Y100
a radio station that played only punk/rock, was taken by rap. now the only "rock" you
get are theise emo bands that call them self punk. as in greenday and fall out boy,
the only people who listen to them are guy/girl who cut them self to make people see them,
but all i have to say is that mtv screwed up all type of music today.
cuz all you hear on mtv is drugs,sexy, and rap. witch sucks

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/11/06 at 9:37 pm

well as for mtv, i hate that show for the little time a day they have music on it,
it makes me mad to see all they play is rap! i mean if u look all around rap takes
over every thing, if yoyou're not into rap ur not into any thing then. ever since rap took over Y100
a radio station that played only punk/rock, was taken by rap. now the only "rock" you
get are theise emo bands that call them self punk. as in greenday and fall out boy,
the only people who listen to them are guy/girl who cut them self to make people see them,

Sex does not suck.

Written By: Darkbreed on 08/11/06 at 9:42 pm

i no sex doseint suck but hearing about some "gansta" doning 20 girls at once dose.
i mean wouldu want to listen to pople sing about rape and doind drugs 24-7, and
having all most every worl the f-word or the n-word?

Written By: whistledog on 08/11/06 at 9:49 pm

I hate MTV Canada. All they play is reality shows. I don't even think they play music videos at all. I don't like MuchMusic, which is another Canadian music channel, either. They both suck! >:( :P

The good thing about Much Music though is that it's more Music Videos than anything else, the way a music channel should be 8)

I actually prefer Musique Plus, I just wish I could understand what the VJs are saying ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 08/11/06 at 11:08 pm

Green Day is not an emo band.

Written By: Dave79 on 08/11/06 at 11:52 pm

Ah, I don't know how you came to the conclusion that Green Day is emo.. but your totally wrong.

--
Dave.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/12/06 at 12:07 am

MTV is crap. We have a music station called ALT TV that plays a good mix of music videos that would never see the light of day on MTV or any of those others. http://www.alttv.co.nz/AltTv/

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/12/06 at 12:10 am

This is news?
???

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/12/06 at 2:21 am

I do not get cable anymore but I kinda like Yo! MTV Rocks.  Some good rap on there.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/12/06 at 2:48 am

I do not get cable anymore but I kinda like Yo! MTV Rocks.  Some good rap on there.

Yo! MTV Raps has been off the air for almost a decade now.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/12/06 at 4:21 pm

Sex does not suck.

Lack of it sure does!
:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/12/06 at 6:32 pm

Yo! MTV Raps has been off the air for almost a decade now.

Wow I didn't realize I was off cable for so long.  :-\\

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/12/06 at 9:20 pm

Lack of it sure does!
:(

LMAO

Written By: Darkbreed on 08/12/06 at 10:54 pm

to me green day is emo, and they suck so much, i hate how they call them punk. all there song get
played out. and there lyrics. are just so bad. I'm glad to have my true punk. not the mtv fake punk
s*it

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/12/06 at 10:58 pm

to me green day is emo, and they suck so much, i hate how they call them punk. all there song get
played out. and there lyrics. are just so bad. I'm glad to have my true punk. not the mtv fake punk
s*it

There = place
Their = possessive

And no matter what you say, Green Day is not emo.  If you think Green Day is emo, you've never heard actual emo music.  Also back when Green Day first started making some waves in the music industry, they were very much a punk band and seen as the new Sex Pistols.  They sure as hell aren't Good Charlotte, which is the fake MTV punk you're talking about.

Written By: Darkbreed on 08/12/06 at 11:02 pm

There = place
Their = possessive

And no matter what you say, Green Day is not emo.  If you think Green Day is emo, you've never heard actual emo music.  Also back when Green Day first started making some waves in the music industry, they were very much a punk band and seen as the new Sex Pistols.  They sure as hell aren't Good Charlotte, which is the fake MTV punk you're talking about.

you are right with your one point, when they first came out they were good, now they suck,
and trust me i no emo music. and all the fake punks. i see it all the time, but if u take a look
around and all. green day sucks all of their fans are from 9-15, and think there bad a$$.
as for me and my group of friends we love to make fun of them and there stupid "punk"
style. because xutting your self in hot topic os not punk. its emo

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/12/06 at 11:12 pm

you are right with your one point, when they first came out they were good, now they suck,
and trust me i no emo music. and all the fake punks. i see it all the time, but if u take a look
around and all. green day sucks all of their fans are from 9-15, and think there bad a$.
as for me and my group of friends we love to make fun of them and there stupid "punk"

Cutting yourself in a Hot Topic is not punk and it's not emo.  It's a cry for help and a sign of a serious psychological disturbance.  Also, I happen to like Green Day, and I am very far removed from the 9-15 age bracket.  What's more, making fun of people for what they listen to or the way they dress is lame.  How old are you?

Written By: Brian06 on 08/12/06 at 11:16 pm

around and all. green day sucks all of their fans are from 9-15, and think there bad a$$.

That's totally incorrect, most Green Day fans are not age 9-15. Green Day does not sound emo at all, their old stuff or new stuff, it's not emo.

Written By: Darkbreed on 08/12/06 at 11:18 pm

Cutting yourself in a Hot Topic is not punk and it's not emo.  It's a cry for help and a sign of a serious psychological disturbance.  Also, I happen to like Green Day, and I am very far removed from the 9-15 age bracket.  What's more making fun of people for what they listen to or the way they dress is lame.  How old are you?

FOR ONE ALL EMO IS, IS A CRY FOR HELP. THEY WANT TO BE MISFITS BUT ARE FAR FROM IT,
IM 17 NOT IM THE TRUE TRYP OF PUNK, WHO DONT LIVE THERE LIFE BY LYRICS. AND I'M FAR FROM
THE RADIO,T.V PUNK I'M PART OF THE UNDER GROUND STUFF YOU DONT KNOW. AND FOR MORE
INFO I HATE THE SEX PISTOLS TOO. CUZ AMEICANS PUNK BAND DID PUNK HARED FASTER AND
WITH MORE LOVE, AND MORE LOVE THEN THE GREEN DAY EMO GUYS WILL EVER HAVE
AND SINCE YOU A GREEN DAY FAN PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHY THERE GETTING SEWD FOR AROUND 5 MILL
FROM OPERATION IVY?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/12/06 at 11:21 pm

FOR ONE ALL EMO IS, IS A CRY FOR HELP. THEY WANT TO BE MISFITS BUT ARE FAR FROM IT,
IM 17 NOT IM THE TRUE TRYP OF PUNK, WHO DONT LIVE THERE LIFE BY LYRICS. AND I'M FAR FROM
THE RADIO,T.V PUNK I'M PART OF THE UNDER GROUND STUFF YOU DONT KNOW. AND FOR MORE
INFO I HATE THE SEX PISTOLS TOO. CUZ AMEICANS PUNK BAND DID PUNK HARED FASTER AND
WITH MORE LOVE, AND MORE LOVE THEN THE GREEN DAY EMO GUYS WILL EVER HAVE
AND SINCE YOU A GREEN DAY FAN PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHY THERE GETTING SEWD FOR AROUND 5 MILL
FROM OPERATION IVY?

I said I liked the band....I have the album American Idiot, but that's it.  I don't follow the band in any shape or form, and I have no clue what the hell you're talking about.  I'm not even sure what language this is.  Try conversing with the caps lock in the "off" position.

Written By: Darkbreed on 08/12/06 at 11:26 pm

I said I liked the band....I have the album American Idiot, but that's it.  I don't follow the band in any shape or form, and I have no clue what the hell you're talking about.  I'm not even sure what language this is.  Try conversing with the caps lock in the "off" position.

all I'm saying is green day is an emo band to me. their songs suck. there so bad, also there getting sewed for 5 million
because they stole a band label and tried to pull it off on their own,

Written By: Brian06 on 08/12/06 at 11:29 pm

all I'm saying is green day is an emo band to me. their songs suck. there so bad, also there getting sewed for 5 million
because they stole a band label and tried to pull it off on their own,

I think you mean sued. It would hurt to get sewed.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/13/06 at 6:52 am

I think you mean sued. It would hurt to get sewed.

I'll bet they're all pins and needles.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/13/06 at 3:08 pm

You're over exagerating it.  MTV had been playing alot of Music Videos (Even during the afternoon) up until around 1999 or 2000, then they started in with their reality programming and other crap that took away from the play of Music Videos

I grew up loving MTV from the Early 90s to about 1998, because all I remember them doing was playing Music Videos all day long

Nothing is more annoying however then people who were born in the 70s who claim that MTV started to suck around 1988 or something, when you know darn well it was still playing Music Videos for atleast 10 years after that

The real world is a lot older than 1998, it started in the early 90's, I remember cause I wondered what the Hell a Citadel was.

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/13/06 at 3:34 pm

There might be some Emo fans who like them, but that doesn't make them emo per se.

I'm sure there were new wavers c. 1985 who liked Starship, ZZ Top, Hall and Oates and Rod Stewart. That doesn't mean those artists were new wave, they just used some elements of that style into their own signature sound. That's what Green Day did with the AI album, IMO. Although their 1994-'00 period (from Dookie to Warning, their last full album) was pop/punk, too.

See what I mean?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/13/06 at 4:00 pm

The real world is a lot older than 1998, it started in the early 90's, I remember cause I wondered what the Hell a Citadel was.

The first season was '92.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/13/06 at 5:33 pm

There might be some Emo fans who like them, but that doesn't make them emo per se.
There might be some Emo fans who like Led Zeppelin or The Beatles (for example) does that make these 2 bands emo?  :-\\

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/13/06 at 5:34 pm

There might be some Emo fans who like Led Zeppelin or The Beatles (for example) does that make these 2 bands emo?  :-\\

Anyone that calls Led Zeppelin/The Beatles emo has no brain cells.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/13/06 at 5:37 pm

Anyone that calls Led Zeppelin/The Beatles emo has no brain cells.
Well... what the fudge is emo anyway? (And no, I don't consider either band to be remotely 'emo') - I have heard so many definitions of what is and isn't "emo".

Meh, why do I even care? Lets just enjoy the music (or not enjoy it, as the case may be) instead of labelling it.

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/13/06 at 5:42 pm

Of course not, lol. ;) That's why I was saying that Green Day isn't any more Emo than Tina Turner was new wave, even if both may have picked up fans of those genres during their "comebacks".

Check for new replies or respond here...