inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Going to redeem his cans, or going to redeem his soul?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/15/06 at 1:08 am

http://www.masslive.com/chicopeeholyoke/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-5/1155541616203140.xml&coll=1

HOLYOKE - A city man died yesterday after he sideswiped a car and his car sped down a sidewalk, crossed a street and careened down a steep ramp plunging into one of the canals.

I don't mean to make light of another man's death, but I couldn't resist a double play on "redemption."

This fellow did some maneuvering on the way down the canal that would do a Hollywood stunt driver proud.  A man from the Bottle and Can Redemption Center was the first witness to the fatal plunge.  When the rescuers managed to break into the submerged vehicle, they found his lifeless corpus surrounded by bags of empty vessels--presumably bottles and cans for the redemption center across the street.  Did this yet-unidentified decedent intend to redeem his empties but end up at meeting the Holy Redeemer in the end?
:o

Subject: Re: Going to redeem his cans, or going to redeem his soul?

Written By: AmandaSparks on 08/15/06 at 4:42 am

Oh man, my worst fear is driving off into the water and drowning. Although I have to sarcastically thank you for the nightmare fodder, I have to admit your take on the story is snicker-worthy.

Subject: Re: Going to redeem his cans, or going to redeem his soul?

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/15/06 at 6:04 am

http://www.masslive.com/chicopeeholyoke/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-5/1155541616203140.xml&coll=1

HOLYOKE - A city man died yesterday after he sideswiped a car and his car sped down a sidewalk, crossed a street and careened down a steep ramp plunging into one of the canals.

I don't mean to make light of another man's death, but I couldn't resist a double play on "redemption."

This fellow did some maneuvering on the way down the canal that would do a Hollywood stunt driver proud.  A man from the Bottle and Can Redemption Center was the first witness to the fatal plunge.  When the rescuers managed to break into the submerged vehicle, they found his lifeless corpus surrounded by bags of empty vessels--presumably bottles and cans for the redemption center across the street.  Did this yet-unidentified decedent intend to redeem his empties but end up at meeting the Holy Redeemer in the end?
:o

The irony is that instead of collecting a handsome amount of cash for all those cans, his estate will probably be preseted with a fine for littering the river.

;)

Check for new replies or respond here...