inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Richard Thomas

Written By: Jinxx on 08/15/06 at 4:14 pm

I was just wondering,is Richard Thomas part Korean or Chinese or something?He kind of looks it,and he never seems to age,even though he's like,what,almost 60???I'm not trying to offend anyone--it's just that typical white people aren't usually that well-preserved.Does anyone know this?Just curious.

Subject: Re: Richard Thomas

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/15/06 at 4:18 pm

I always enjoyed Richard Thomas.  He's been in a series of bad B-Rate movies, a few of which I own and enjoy.  His days on the Waltons will be forever his most remembered works. I really thought he did an outstanding job as a character in Stephen King's "IT".  He's an underrated actor who has since slipped off the stage.  Although it seems a little ludicrus even to myself to say this I always thought casting directors were a little too weary of his mole. 

Written By: Marian on 08/15/06 at 4:39 pm

I always enjoyed Richard Thomas.  He's been in a series of bad B-Rate movies, a few of which I own and enjoy.  His days on the Waltons will be forever his most remembered works. I really thought he did an outstanding job as a character in Stephen King's "IT".  He's an underrated actor who has since slipped off the stage.  Although it seems a little ludicrus even to myself to say this I always thought casting directors were a little too weary of his mole. 
If someone has a mole,can't they cover it to suit the role?I mean if they can make a bald man appear to have hair,certainlky they can make a man with a mole appear not to have one!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/15/06 at 4:41 pm

I was just wondering,is Richard Thomas part Korean or Chinese or something?He kind of looks it,and he never seems to age,even though he's like,what,almost 60???I'm not trying to offend anyone--it's just that typical white people aren't usually that well-preserved.Does anyone know this?Just curious.

"typical white people aren't usually that well-preserved"?  What kind of statement is that?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/15/06 at 4:47 pm

Has anyone ever seen that movie where he played some crazy guy who went and shot all these people? That was a strange role to see him in.

Written By: Marian on 08/15/06 at 4:48 pm

"typical white people aren't usually that well-preserved"?  What kind of statement is that?
Well,I'm white,although with some Russian ancestry(they possibly mixed with the Mongols)and I can accept the fact that white people burn more and get more freckles and wrinkles.The lighter you are,the more careful you have to be---but often the lightest people try the hardest to get a tan,so they get more wrinkles.My younger sister has blue eyes and is more wrinkled than I am.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/15/06 at 4:56 pm

Well,I'm white,although with some Russian ancestry(they possibly mixed with the Mongols)and I can accept the fact that white people burn more and get more freckles and wrinkles.The lighter you are,the more careful you have to be---but often the lightest people try the hardest to get a tan,so they get more wrinkles.My younger sister has blue eyes and is more wrinkled than I am.

It was worded weirdly, that's all.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/15/06 at 5:04 pm

I agree with you that he is underrated and a very good actor. I liked him in a movie called "To Find my Son" and a forgotten movie called "Last Summer."  He also was good in "Johnny Belinda". But yeah, he will ALWAYS been known as John-Boy Walton.

As far as his ethnicity, the only thing I could find out was that his parents both were dancers with the New York City Ballet and were owners of the New York School of Ballet.

Cat

Written By: Marian on 08/17/06 at 1:22 pm

I agree with you that he is underrated and a very good actor. I liked him in a movie called "To Find my Son" and a forgotten movie called "Last Summer."  He also was good in "Johnny Belinda". But yeah, he will ALWAYS been known as John-Boy Walton.

As far as his ethnicity, the only thing I could find out was that his parents both were dancers with the New York City Ballet and were owners of the New York School of Ballet.

That's strange.Somewhere you usually find out something about a well-known person's ethnicity.I've kind of wondered about Yul Brynner because he claimed ,I think,two different Russian islands near Japan as his birthplace,and he said he was part Mongol.But people from his era did experience a lot of anti-Japanese sentiment,so a lot of Asians said htey were chinese,Filipino,or what have you.
Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/17/06 at 6:28 pm

Has anyone ever seen that movie where he played some crazy guy who went and shot all these people? That was a strange role to see him in.

He also did a role on Law and Order where he played a disturbed character who stabbed young boys to death.  Turns out his character had a nasty undiagnosed case of syphyllis.

Given that Thomas is known as "John Boy" he did a great job portraying a syph head.  :)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 08/18/06 at 12:08 am

He also did a role on Law and Order where he played a disturbed character who stabbed young boys to death.  Turns out his character had a nasty undiagnosed case of syphyllis.

Given that Thomas is known as "John Boy" he did a great job portraying a syph head.  :)

I remember that episode.. He was really good in that .. Law andOrder has some strange eppys..Its all good though... Goodnite John Boy etc...........

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/18/06 at 12:00 pm

I remember that episode.. He was really good in that .. Law andOrder has some strange eppys..Its all good though... Goodnite John Boy etc...........

LOLOLOL :D ;D  My parent's were obsessed with the "Walton's" show...infact, that's where they got my name from (Erin). ;)

Written By: Marian on 08/18/06 at 3:30 pm

LOLOLOL :D ;D  My parent's were obsessed with the "Walton's" show...infact, that's where they got my name from (Erin). ;)
Erin was good-looking when she got older.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/18/06 at 3:36 pm

Ya....she turned out to be pretty.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiNkJOZENnMAstWjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=11o7bif9d/EXP=1156019684/**http%3a//www.the-waltons.com/erin2.jpg

Written By: Marian on 08/19/06 at 3:11 pm

Ya....she turned out to be pretty.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiNkJOZENnMAstWjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=11o7bif9d/EXP=1156019684/**http%3a//www.the-waltons.com/erin2.jpg
Elizabeth wasn't bad either when she grew up,though unfortunately as the series drew to a close,she was in the middle of puberty!

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/19/06 at 4:07 pm

Elizabeth wasn't bad either when she grew up,though unfortunately as the series drew to a close,she was in the middle of puberty!

Yeah, Elizabeth definitely was hot.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/19/06 at 4:16 pm

here's a cool site of some Walton's reunion pictures...it's in German...but you can still see the pics.

http://www.die-waltons.de/deutschland2.html

Written By: Marian on 08/27/06 at 3:47 pm

I saw a movie where he played hank Williams Jr.

Check for new replies or respond here...