inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Batman: The Dark Knight casting calls

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/16/06 at 1:30 pm

Ryan Phillippe may be set to take over from Tommy Lee Jones after reportedly landing the role of Harvey Dent/Two-Face in the upcoming Batman Begins sequel. Reese Witherspoon's husband will join Heath Ledger, who has signed on to play The Joker, and new Batman Christian Bale in The Dark Knight. Crash star Phillippe beat Liev Shreiber and Josh Lucas to the role of the scheming district attorney, played by Jones in 1995 movie Batman Forever, according to internet reports. Academy Award winners Sir Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have also joined the cast, while fellow Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman is in talks to play The Penguin in the new film.

Subject: Re: Batman: The Dark Knight casting calls

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/16/06 at 3:11 pm

Its just "The Dark Knight".  No Batman in the title. :)

This is a rumor as of now, nothing confirmed. Its only been featured on IMDB and in Star magazine, neither of which have very good reputations for reliability.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/16/06 at 3:48 pm

DAMN..how many villians does this movie have?

The Joker (horrible casting choice I think, at least so far, I will give him a chance)

Two Face (Oh, I think he'll be ok)

Penguin (excellent casting choice. This is someone who I would have picked myself)

Who else? With all of the bad guys maybe a Robin should be cast as well?  Knowing my luck they'll probably cast someone like Aaron Carter to play the part of Dick Grayson, please God, NO!

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/16/06 at 4:15 pm

DAMN..how many villians does this movie have?

The Joker (horrible casting choice I think, at least so far, I will give him a chance)

Two Face (Oh, I think he'll be ok)

Penguin (excellent casting choice. This is someone who I would have picked myself)

Who else? With all of the bad guys maybe a Robin should be cast as well?  Knowing my luck they'll probably cast someone like Aaron Carter to play the part of Dick Grayson, please God, NO!

Two-Face isn't in this film.  He's going to be in the next one, but this film just has Harvey Dent.  Batman Begins had Ra's Al Ghul, The Scarecrow, Carmine Falcone, and Mr.Zsaz in a cameo.  The Joker is confirmed for this movie, and it's rumored that it will also feature Sal Maroni(another mob boss), The Black Mask, and The Penguin in a cameo role.

Christopher Nolan's said as long as he's directing these films Robin won't be in them.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/16/06 at 7:36 pm

Yeah, I added "Batman" in case anyone was confused.

I don't see anything too wrong with having Robin in a movie, but there's unfortunately really no way to make the movie non-campy if Robin is in it...so I can see Nolan's point of view.  Chris O'Donnell's role in the third Batman movie messed up the whole franchise :P

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/17/06 at 12:16 pm

Yeah, I added "Batman" in case anyone was confused.

I don't see anything too wrong with having Robin in a movie, but there's unfortunately really no way to make the movie non-campy if Robin is in it...so I can see Nolan's point of view.  Chris O'Donnell's role in the third Batman movie messed up the whole franchise :P

Robin or No Robin  Batman Forever messed up the whole Franchise.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/17/06 at 9:36 pm

Robin or No Robin  Batman Forever messed up the whole Franchise.

Yeah...Two-Face was too insane, the Riddler was too stupid, and the nipples on the new Batsuit really made me mad.

Check for new replies or respond here...