inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Snakes On A Plane

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/18/06 at 10:02 pm

Now that Snakes On A Plane is here, who here is going to see it?

Subject: Re: Snakes On A Plane

Written By: Tia on 08/18/06 at 10:11 pm

i saw it today. it's pretty damn cool. it's got outright retarded scenes in it, but those scenes are done all in your face, like, it's called snakes on a plane, what'd you expect? i liked it.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/18/06 at 10:22 pm

Hm, to me "Interested" just doesn't seem to cover what I am. Understatement of the century, it is.

I'd chose "Other" as an option, but It's not there. "Other" as in "I have already sold my soul to Samuel L Jackson"

Written By: Tia on 08/18/06 at 10:24 pm

Hm, to me "Interested" just doesn't seem to cover what I am. Understatement of the century, it is.

I'd chose "Other" as an option, but It's not there. "Other" as in "I have already sold my soul to Samuel L Jackson"
i think you'll appreciate this film then. it's definitely samuel motherf**king jackson on a motherf**king plane. lots and lots of SJ.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/18/06 at 10:28 pm

i think you'll appreciate this film then. it's definitely samuel motherf**king jackson on a motherf**king plane. lots and lots of SJ.

Hm. A change of pants will be in order then, eh?

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/18/06 at 10:34 pm

ok..this answers a question i was about to ask mike..first time i've heard of it was like 5 minutes ago and i'm thinkin' i won't be seeing only because i am clueless about it at this point  :-[

Written By: Tia on 08/18/06 at 10:35 pm

Hm. A change of pants will be in order then, eh?
if you feel that strongly about it i'd suggest two pairs of underwear, yes.

Written By: Tia on 08/18/06 at 10:36 pm

ok..this answers a question i was about to ask mike..first time i've heard of it was like 5 minutes ago and i'm thinkin' i won't be seeing only ecause i am clueless about it at this point  :-[
you never heard of snakes on a plane?!? wow. that's got some crazy promotional energy behind it, that one.

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/18/06 at 10:38 pm

you never heard of snakes on a plane?!? wow. that's got some crazy promotional energy behind it, that one.

*reminds her friend she's been livin' under a rock lately thanks to him*  ::)

Written By: Tia on 08/18/06 at 10:38 pm

*reminds her friend she's been livin' under a rock lately thanks to him*  ::)
haven;t you seen the youtube banner ads? :D ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/18/06 at 10:56 pm

haven;t you seen the youtube banner ads? :D ;D

;D..apparently i have selective vision..ok i was gonna ask you in a pm but why don't you share for the benefit of all..what's the deal? :)

Written By: Tia on 08/18/06 at 11:11 pm

it's this movie that's got mad buzz because samuel jackson wouldn't let them change the working title from "snakes on a plane" to "flight 121." they call a lot of movies something like this when they're in production -- "this ex-cop in a highrise" or "archaeologists gone wild" and then eventually they change it to "diehard" or "raiders of the lost ark" only this time samuel jackson said nope, we have to go with "snakes on a plane." and it created this crazy buzz for the movie and now it's the biggest thing since citizen kane!

i saw it today, it's actually good fun.

Written By: Ebontyne on 08/19/06 at 11:47 am

Somewhat interested. :)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/19/06 at 11:56 am

I don't like stupid comedies, and that's just what this looks like.  Therefore, I won't be seeing it.

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 12:01 pm

"this ex-cop in a highrise" or "archaeologists gone wild" and then eventually they change it to "diehard" or "raiders of the lost ark"

.. I love you darling.

Yeah, I'm gonna go see it tomorrow.

Written By: Daveyd989 on 08/19/06 at 3:01 pm

Saw it last night WOW thats all i got to say it was one of the better movies i have seen this summer i loved it and the audience energy was great, everybody clapped when sammual L said his famous line.

Written By: Marian on 08/19/06 at 3:08 pm

Just great...now we won't be able to bring SNAKES on a plane.it's bad enought we casn't bring deodorant and mouthwash.Maybe the gas masks just should be down the whole time the plane is flying. ;D ;D :D :D

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 3:38 pm

cant wait...i have waited months and months....

think i'm going tomorrow.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/19/06 at 4:08 pm

What is this movie about? ???

Written By: Daveyd989 on 08/19/06 at 4:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp6p-Mrp7hU
Hears the song for snakes on a plane.

Written By: WalkerP20 on 08/19/06 at 4:52 pm

Never will I ever see this film.  I'm too smart to buy into the fake hype which was created just so the studio could make more money.

I feel bad for anyone who did buy into the stupid hype

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 5:02 pm

Never will I ever see this film.  I'm too smart to buy into the fake hype which was created just so the studio could make more money.

It's a movie..they're all hyped up.

Written By: star500 on 08/19/06 at 7:08 pm

Saw the movie today. Very good movie, I enjoyed it very much. The only thing that kind of pissed me off wasn't the movie's fault. I saw it with my mom but behind us there were these teenagers and they laughed at almost everything in the movie, even the parts that weren't meant to be funny. >:( Other then that, I enjoyed the movie very much. I feel it lived up to all the hype surrounding it. The snakes were really cool looking.

As Samuel L. Jackson would say: "I've had it with these motherf*ckin snakes on this motherf*ckin plane!!" ;D ;)

Written By: Jessica on 08/19/06 at 7:13 pm

::)

I want to see it, but I have no money.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/19/06 at 7:21 pm

I'm tired of these muthaf*ckin SNAKES, on a muthaf*ckin PLANE!

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 7:25 pm

you know why i want to see it?  it's a movie about a plane full of snakes with the most hilarious title ever.
how can i not go see a movie called "snakes on a plane?"

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/19/06 at 7:28 pm

Saw the movie today. Very good movie, I enjoyed it very much. The only thing that kind of pissed me off wasn't the movie's fault. I saw it with my mom but behind us there were these teenagers and they laughed at almost everything in the movie, even the parts that weren't meant to be funny. >:( Other then that, I enjoyed the movie very much. I feel it lived up to all the hype surrounding it. The snakes were really cool looking.

As Samuel L. Jackson would say: "I've had it with these motherf*ckin snakes on this motherf*ckin plane!!" ;D ;)

Oh, so it is about a plane with snakes in it?  Sounds cool.

Written By: Tia on 08/19/06 at 7:33 pm

Oh, so it is about a plane with snakes in it?  Sounds cool.
weirdly, it's actually about a catholic boy's coming of age in turn-of-the-century dublin. not sure where the title came from.

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 7:36 pm

^ ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/19/06 at 8:03 pm

weirdly, it's actually about a catholic boy's coming of age in turn-of-the-century dublin. not sure where the title came from.

Oh, kinda like "Fried Green Tomatoes"  :-\\

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/20/06 at 12:24 am

it's this movie that's got mad buzz because samuel jackson wouldn't let them change the working title from "snakes on a plane" to "flight 121." they call a lot of movies something like this when they're in production -- "this ex-cop in a highrise" or "archaeologists gone wild" and then eventually they change it to "diehard" or "raiders of the lost ark" only this time samuel jackson said nope, we have to go with "snakes on a plane." and it created this crazy buzz for the movie and now it's the biggest thing since citizen kane!

i saw it today, it's actually good fun.

thx for the info Tia..all new to me  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/06 at 8:27 am

The film has now opened, should I go and see it?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/20/06 at 8:30 am

Come now, Phil... is that even a question?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/06 at 8:30 am

Come now, Phil... is that even a question?
Should I go or should I not?

Written By: Tia on 08/20/06 at 8:31 am

Should I go or should I not?
i think beth is subtly engaging in more samuel jackson love.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/20/06 at 2:46 pm

What is there NOT to see in this film.  I mean heck...  It has snakes, planes, and Samuel L Jackson.  That's all you need for one kick-butt film.  I'm thinking Oscar.  ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/20/06 at 6:27 pm

What is there NOT to see in this film.  I mean heck...  It has snakes, planes, and Samuel L Jackson.  That's all you need for one kick-butt film.  I'm thinking Oscar.  ;)

Chyeah. I'd party with this movie.

Written By: Jessica on 08/20/06 at 9:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihAoSwQqo44

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/20/06 at 9:48 pm

The title says it all (I was like 'what the, what kind of title is that?)...obviously, it's not my priority to see this film.. ::)

Written By: La Roche on 08/20/06 at 11:26 pm

LYKE OHMIGOSH!

This film was fu.cking amazing.

I about screamed at some part of it.

However, nastiest bit of the film.. had nothing to do with snakes.

Written By: Tia on 08/20/06 at 11:46 pm

I about screamed at some part of it.

well, that's cuz we established during the PMs that you're a little girl. :)

Written By: nondiva234 on 08/21/06 at 12:11 am

I might see it, but I think the title of the movie is quite bland. Snakes on a Plane. Meh.

However, that line from Samuel L. Jackson is quite memorable:

"I have had it with those motherf*cking snakes on this motherf*cking plane!"

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/21/06 at 5:20 am

I can't believe people pay money to see this.

Written By: Criz on 08/21/06 at 8:08 am

I have absolutly no interest in watching this film. What is the deal with all this hype - and they're really 'selling it' by calling it that!! I would rather watch something a little more intellegent, or go the other way with something light hearted then shell out

Written By: KKay on 08/21/06 at 8:10 am

It was hysterical.
It is one of the most poorly produced films ever...bad continuity, bad effects...
but it's gross and scary and really really funny.

The best thing you could do on a muggy Sunday.

Now, you know, this movie will not look that great onthe small screen.  Nor will it be as scary or funny.
So I might have to go to a half price early matinee and do it again while it's still out.

Next.....Bode on a plane!

Written By: KKay on 08/21/06 at 8:30 am

It was like this, but bigger.

http://static.flickr.com/49/118329451_b3f3ef95d5_m.jpg

Written By: La Roche on 08/21/06 at 9:18 am

well, that's cuz we established during the PMs that you're a little girl. :)

Whatever gets you through the night darling.

Written By: La Roche on 08/21/06 at 9:19 am

I can't believe people pay money to see this.

I have absolutly no interest in watching this film. What is the deal with all this hype - and they're really 'selling it' by calling it that!! I would rather watch something a little more intellegent, or go the other way with something light hearted then shell out

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/21/06 at 12:37 pm

It was like this, but bigger.

http://static.flickr.com/49/118329451_b3f3ef95d5_m.jpg
The plane or the snakes?

Written By: saver on 08/21/06 at 5:47 pm

Hear that HISSSSSSS..??

That's all the HYPE leaving the 'Snakes' promos.... :D

NEXT movie please.......

Written By: KKay on 08/21/06 at 6:27 pm

The plane or the snakes?

both.

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/21/06 at 6:45 pm

No offense to Davey & the Hissers, but I'm with Sister & Criz. This is the most overhyped B-movie since Independence Day, and the first-weekend receipts say it has no chance of matching that gross. Sorry, camp movies just don't cut it for me, I like intelligent entertainment, not cheap gross-out/horror/kill'em-all flicks. I love Sam Jackson, but I'll hold out for SWAT 2 or something, anything's better than this.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: KKay on 08/21/06 at 6:52 pm

No offense to Davey & the Hissers, but I'm with Sister & Criz. This is the most overhyped B-movie since Independence Day, and the first-weekend receipts say it has no chance of matching that gross. Sorry, camp movies just don't cut it for me, I like intelligent entertainment, not cheap gross-out/horror/kill'em-all flicks. I love Sam Jackson, but I'll hold out for SWAT 2 or something, anything's better than this.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

just a note that just cuz i like mindless entertainment does not mean that I don't like some serious stuff as well, or that I don't seek intelligent works out.
and just cuz it's hyped up does not necessarily mean it's bad.  threre are plenty of hyped films - internet hype, which I totally agree is obnoxious and unreliable- that are bloody awful.

So, no offense taken. Just wanted to say ok. and ..well, me too.
:)

Written By: La Roche on 08/21/06 at 8:46 pm

just a note that just cuz i like mindless entertainment does not mean that I don't like some serious stuff as well, or that I don't seek intelligent works out.
and just cuz it's hyped up does not necessarily mean it's bad.  threre are plenty of hyped films - internet hype, which I totally agree is obnoxious and unreliable- that are bloody awful.

Kay..kay...kay...

The correct answer was:

"Yeah, well, that's cus you're not cool, like our gang!"

http://www.schnitt.de/_images/filme/dogma.jpg

Written By: Jessica on 08/21/06 at 9:53 pm

What she said.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/22/06 at 12:09 am

I guess I'm a movie snob.  I don't watch comedies and I very rarely watch anything that isn't a drama/historical drama/documentary.  If I posted every DVD I own, I think the only one that stands out is Chicago, and that's because it's a musical.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/22/06 at 12:43 am

My son saw Snakes On A Plane yesterday and he enjoyed it.

Written By: Criz on 08/22/06 at 6:07 am

S'cus ya'll ain't cool like our gang.

Have you stopped to thing that maybe it's your gang that isn't cool :P ;) ??

Written By: KKay on 08/22/06 at 8:00 am

Kay..kay...kay...

The correct answer was:

"Yeah, well, that's cus you're not cool, like our gang!"

http://www.schnitt.de/_images/filme/dogma.jpg

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!
Yeah!
Our Gang!

How can a good looking group lilke that NOT be cool?

Written By: KKay on 08/22/06 at 8:02 am

I guess I'm a movie snob.  I don't watch comedies and I very rarely watch anything that isn't a drama/historical drama/documentary.  If I posted every DVD I own, I think the only one that stands out is Chicago, and that's because it's a musical.

That's cool.  I collect black and white French and German films.  And some historical too.  I love it.
But I also love people running around screaming.
and when something jumps out and scares the beejeezus outta you.

rock on.

Written By: La Roche on 08/22/06 at 8:21 am

Hu.. buh.. whu...

.. nuh uh!!

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/22/06 at 8:38 am

Easy there, Criz. Bear in mind that Davey is clearly delusional. If he thinks he's in that gang from Clerks (at least I think that's the film ::) ), it's perfectly understandable that he'd think Snakes is a good movie. It's only a pity that he doesn't believe he's Silent Bob! :P

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: KKay on 08/22/06 at 8:40 am

Easy there, Criz. Bear in mind that Davey is clearly delusional. If he thinks he's in that gang from Clerks ::), it's perfectly understandable that he'd think Snakes is a good movie. It's only a pity that he doesn't think he's Silent Bob! :P

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

ok...that was funny.

but it's not Clerks, pal. It's Dogma.  Get your movies in order. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/french.gif

Written By: La Roche on 08/22/06 at 8:42 am

Easy there, Criz. Bear in mind that Davey is clearly delusional. If he thinks he's in that gang from Clerks (at least I think that's the film ::) ), it's perfectly understandable that he'd think Snakes is a good movie. It's only a pity that he doesn't believe he's Silent Bob! :P

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

.. and I thought we were pals.  :\'(

But wait.. HAHA! It was Dogma... ... and I am Silent Bob... no noise.. right... this is a losing battle.

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/22/06 at 11:17 am

.. and I thought we were pals.  :\'(

But wait.. HAHA! It was Dogma... ... and I am Silent Bob... no noise.. right... this is a losing battle.

Pardon my slow hobbling to the computer, but with my last post I seem to have shot myself in the foot!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/ak47.gif

Sorry Davey, as far as SoaP goes, why don't we just agree to disagree?  :-
Your (too-much-of-a-wiseguy-for-his-own-good) Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: La Roche on 08/22/06 at 3:08 pm

Pardon my slow hobbling to the computer, but with my last post I seem to have shot myself in the foot!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/ak47.gif

Sorry Davey, as far as SoaP goes, why don't we just agree to disagree?  :-
Your (too-much-of-a-wiseguy-for-his-own-good) Pal,
Doc

8)

;) No worrys pal.

You totally need to see this film though!!! It's clever.. and thought provoking... well.. if like me you fly a lot and have a pathalogical fear of having your throat ripped out by a snake.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/23/06 at 12:41 am

I'll watch it. Just give me time (to save up some money for the overpriced tickets)

Written By: Criz on 08/23/06 at 7:19 am

Hu.. buh.. whu...

.. nuh uh!!

Hehe :P :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/23/06 at 12:29 pm

Who is going to buy the DVD?

Written By: Carl on 08/23/06 at 12:32 pm

Saw it this past weekend, it was wild and hilarious! I think you'll enjoy it.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/29/06 at 11:14 am

Saw it last weekend...

It was snaktacular!

Check for new replies or respond here...