inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: hell has frozen over thanks to paris hilton

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 08/22/06 at 7:15 pm

i was listening to new the paris hilton cd and i hate to say as much as i cant stand her this is a really good dance album but SHHHHHHH! dont tell anyone i told you

http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds

Subject: Re: hell has frozen over thanks to paris hilton

Written By: Tia on 08/22/06 at 9:12 pm

paris is kinda weird looking.

i'm listening to her youtube thing right now though (that aol blicky isn't working for me) and it's not THAT bad. course she has all that stuff written for her, i'm sure.

Written By: whistledog on 08/22/06 at 9:32 pm

It's a catchy song, if you can look past the fact that it's Paris Hilton

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/22/06 at 9:35 pm

Hell froze over a couple of weeks ago when Paris Hilton declared that she has given up sex.  ;D

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 08/22/06 at 9:35 pm

yeah it would be better if she wrote it ive always found it kind of pointless to be a singer but not write your own music or atlest some of your music

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 08/22/06 at 9:37 pm

did she really lyric boy? shes just full of shockers lately but still shes a talentless rich hobag but scott starch but together a nice album for her

Written By: Jessica on 08/22/06 at 10:02 pm

It's a catchy song, if you can look past the fact that it's Paris Hilton

Which I can't. I'm sorry, I just don't like her and I hate the fact that she's a role model for today's young girls.

Written By: Tia on 08/22/06 at 11:00 pm

Which I can't. I'm sorry, I just don't like her and I hate the fact that she's a role model for today's young girls.
jessica! you know she's only ever had nice things to say about you, in all the time i've known her. :)

Written By: Criz on 08/23/06 at 7:26 am

I second that. :)

Written By: Paul on 08/23/06 at 7:29 am

ive always found it kind of pointless to be a singer but not write your own music or atlest some of your music

Sinatra and Crosby would have loved you!

Written By: Jessica on 08/23/06 at 9:28 am

jessica! you know she's only ever had nice things to say about you, in all the time i've known her. :)

Awww.....I feel all bad and stuff. Now I won't be getting that new Sidekick phone she promised me. :P

Written By: KKay on 08/23/06 at 9:36 am

yeah, hate her.
i like the song.

author, author.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/23/06 at 5:18 pm

did she really lyric boy? shes just full of shockers lately but still shes a talentless rich hobag but scott starch but together a nice album for her

Yeah about two weeks ago she came out and said she is going to stop having sex.  ::)

Then she claimed to have only had sex with two different men.    ::)  ::)

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/23/06 at 7:33 pm

I dislike Paris so much that I could not even listen through her song "Stars Are Blind" without puking.  :P

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 08/23/06 at 7:37 pm

i got the danity kane cd today their the girls from making the band and its pretty good for a groups first album it has a nice ballad type song called stay with me( are piano ballads coming back ive been hearing alot on new albums lately plus that song unfaithful became big this summer)

Written By: Tia on 08/23/06 at 8:18 pm

Yeah about two weeks ago she came out and said she is going to stop having sex.  ::)

Then she claimed to have only had sex with two different men.    ::)  ::)
she meant two different TYPES of men. short and tall.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/23/06 at 8:46 pm

she meant two different TYPES of men. short and tall.

Short?  Maybe I have a chance of a go-round with Paris.  On the other hand, nnnnnnooo thank you!

Always remembered this quote regarding pop music:

"Any idiot with two fingers crossed can make a record.  Get a good beat going.  Throw in some lyrics. And somebody, somewhere is going to like it."

---Mike Score
A Flock of Seagulls

Written By: bj26 on 08/24/06 at 6:34 am

I dislike Paris so much that I could not even listen through her song "Stars Are Blind" without puking.  :P
lmao - her voice ain't that great, and my kid thinks she looks wierd, but imhho, it's kind of a catchy song :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/26/06 at 3:15 am

I thought hell froze over when the Boston Red Sox won the World Series.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/26/06 at 10:25 am

I thought hell froze over when the Boston Red Sox won the World Series.

Oh, no, no, no! Are you kidding?  We can all look forward to that again, oh, about 2090!

http://www.jwnrb.com/red_sox.png

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 08/27/06 at 7:07 pm

hey you might see 2090 my sci teacher sweasr gen y will live well into their 100s

Written By: Brian06 on 08/27/06 at 7:53 pm

There's much worse music than Paris out there now, take a listen to this disaster.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AN5Gvi4GKIk

Written By: Tia on 08/27/06 at 7:57 pm

There's much worse music than Paris out there now, take a listen to this disaster.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fxQ2C2-uens

hit it from the golden age of hip hop!

omg i'm gonna break something. this song is genius.

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/27/06 at 8:31 pm

Overlooking my admittant biases to her...

I'm not going to fork out even a cent to support a rich, spoilt hotel heiress - who's had everything handed to her on a silver platter - when she decides 'singing might be nice', and without much effort at all, decides to start a music career on the back of a non-deserved fame (I mean, even an actor-turned singer is more credible)...a fame earnt by bonking the entire A-list of Hollywood, and...well, I'm sure it's been flogged enough.

It's not so much that she's so damn rich, it's that she gets such an easy break, and that many hard-working musicians who have been at it for so long, who should be gaming the recognition, can never hope for a fraction of the fame afforded to Miss Hilton.

Written By: whistledog on 08/28/06 at 5:06 am

It's somewhat catchy, but in a pre-school patty cake kind of way

Nothing says rap and hip-hop quite like the country classic "Turkey in the Straw".  Just cause Nelly and Tim McGraw fused rap and country, doesn't mean everyone should be doing it ;D

Written By: bj26 on 08/29/06 at 9:10 am

Catchy song, I don't think she can sing, whatever.  What makes me PO'd is the part where she goes,"I can make you nice & naughty, be the devil and angel TOO." she says "Tzoo" I HATE THAT PART, why can' she just say 'too' not TZOOOOOOO >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...