inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anybody See the Diff'rent Strokes Reunion Show?

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/05/06 at 6:45 pm

Did anybody see the Diff'rent Strokes Reunion Show that was on NBC monday night?

Not a bad show.  I never knew of all the crap that Gary Coleman's parents pulled on him.  No wonder he grew up with a chip on his shoulder.

Subject: Re: Anybody See the Diff'rent Strokes Reunion Show?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/05/06 at 6:47 pm

I hardly watch network TV anymore.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/05/06 at 8:17 pm

That's underatandable, TV is not everybody's cup 'o' tea.

The world don't move to the beat of just one drum.  What might be right for you might just be wrong for some.

Written By: whistledog on 09/05/06 at 8:43 pm

A Diff'rent Strokes reunion show?  What'chu talkin' 'bout LyricBoy? ;D

I didn't know about this, or I would have watched it.  Did they have most of the cast members as they were together?  Mrs. Garrett and Pearl?  What about Janet Jackson, Dixie Carter, Dudley or that little red headed kid that played Sam? ;D

Written By: Davester on 09/05/06 at 8:45 pm

Me neither...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/05/06 at 8:49 pm

That's underatandable, TV is not everybody's cup 'o' tea.

The world don't move to the beat of just one drum.  What might be right for you might just be wrong for some.

Ummm, what?  I just said I don't watch much network TV....which means no, I didn't see this. 

Did you think I was saying something else......?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/05/06 at 8:52 pm

Did anybody see the Diff'rent Strokes Reunion Show that was on NBC monday night?

Not a bad show.  I never knew of all the crap that Gary Coleman's parents pulled on him.  No wonder he grew up with a chip on his shoulder.
Didn't see it. Is the guy who plays Mr. Drummond still alive?

Written By: Davester on 09/05/06 at 9:01 pm

Ummm, what?  I just said I don't watch much network TV....which means no, I didn't see this. 

Did you think I was saying something else......?

That's the theme song for Diff'rent Strokes...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/05/06 at 9:02 pm

That's the theme song for Diff'rent Strokes...

I never watched the show....I either wasn't alive when it was on or too young to watch TV. 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/05/06 at 9:12 pm

I never watched the show....I either wasn't alive when it was on or too young to watch TV. 
WHATCHOO TALKIN' 'BOUT, SISTER?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/05/06 at 9:14 pm

WHATCHOO TALKIN' 'BOUT, SISTER?

Seriously.  I've never seen that show.  I've heard of it, obviously....but I've never seen it.

Written By: whistledog on 09/05/06 at 9:20 pm

You would have been 4 when it went off the air

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/05/06 at 9:22 pm

You would have been 4 when it went off the air

Yup, too young to be watching anything but Sesame Street.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/05/06 at 10:52 pm

Like asking "Anybody see the trainwreck reunion show?"
:-\\

Written By: gmann on 09/05/06 at 11:00 pm

Didn't see it. Is the guy who plays Mr. Drummond still alive?

According to deadoraliveinfo.com, Conraid Bain is very much alive and kicking at 83. Considering the misfortunes that befell the younger cast members, I wonder how he avoided being cursed? 

BTW, I saw most of the NBC docu-drama. I realize that some of the drama was played up for entertainment's sake, but Gary's parents did come across as being a bit self-centered. It reinforced my belief that celebrity status can bring more harm than good to one's life. Gary Coleman and Todd Bridges can testify to that.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/05/06 at 11:06 pm

Yeah, I watched some of it.  It was kinda sad, kinda interesting and kinda hokey.

The actors they had playing Gary Coleman and Conrad Bain looked very similar.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/06/06 at 5:48 pm

A Diff'rent Strokes reunion show?  What'chu talkin' 'bout LyricBoy? ;D

I didn't know about this, or I would have watched it.  Did they have most of the cast members as they were together?  Mrs. Garrett and Pearl?  What about Janet Jackson, Dixie Carter, Dudley or that little red headed kid that played Sam? ;D

They only had Todd Bridges and Gary Coleman.  The rest of the show was a documdrama/flashback kind of rig.

Gotta give credit to Gary Coleman and Todd Bridges.  They were very loyal to Dana Plato.  8)

I think the show must have been some sort of "unauthorized account" because they played this phony "Diffrent Strokes" theme song instead of the real thing.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/06/06 at 9:27 pm

According to deadoraliveinfo.com, Conraid Bain is very much alive and kicking at 83. Considering the misfortunes that befell the younger cast members, I wonder how he avoided being cursed? 

I hope showbiz finally learns its lesson about the treatment of "child actors."
Todd Bridges and Gary Coleman are a couple of jerks, but I felt really sorry for Dana Plato.
:-\\

Written By: Mushroom on 09/07/06 at 3:34 pm

It reinforced my belief that celebrity status can bring more harm than good to one's life. Gary Coleman and Todd Bridges can testify to that.

I first met Todd during the height of the show's popularity.  And he was a complete jerk.  I talked to a friend that knew him even before the show came out, and he was a jerk back then too.  Every time i met him he seemed to have a huge chip on his shoulder, and thought that his fame could get him anything he wanted.  And yes, even in High School he was known as a druggie.

It was no surprise to me that he had his run-ins with the law later on.  At least he finally learned that fame means nothing when you are looking at a stretch in jail.  From everything I have heard, he has really cleaned up his act in the last 6 years, and is a totally different person.

Besides, anybody that beats up Vanilla Ice in the boxing ring now has my support.  8)

I did feel sorry for what happened to Dana Plato though.  To this day I refuse to listen to, or have anything to do with Howard Stern.  I still place a lot of the blame for her suicide on him and his ambushing of her the day before.

Written By: Davester on 09/07/06 at 4:14 pm

I did feel sorry for what happened to Dana Plato though.  To this day I refuse to listen to, or have anything to do with Howard Stern.  I still place a lot of the blame for her suicide on him and his ambushing of her the day before.

Having listened to Dana Plato's final interview with Howard Stern, I can't see why you would hold him partly responsible...

go ;)...

Written By: Tia on 09/07/06 at 4:52 pm

omg! was anybody from "hello larry" on it?!?!?!?!?!?!?

if so, it's literally the most important television of the last 25 years. if not, i TOTALLY don't care about it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/07/06 at 10:10 pm

I hope when Howard Stern is a rickety old has-been he goes on the "Howard Stern" of that day, and gets "Howard Sterned"!
You know, in 20 years when the coveted 18 to 34 share is saying, "Howard who?"

The guy's a real dirtbag.  His defenders always say, "Oh, that's just an act, a schtick, he's not really like that, he's a nice guy."  Nah, what Marilyn Manson does is an act and a schtick.  Howard is a piece of scum.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pimpflash.gif

Written By: WalkerP20 on 09/07/06 at 10:56 pm

I first met Todd during the height of the show's popularity.  And he was a complete jerk.  I talked to a friend that knew him even before the show came out, and he was a jerk back then too.  Every time i met him he seemed to have a huge chip on his shoulder, and thought that his fame could get him anything he wanted.  And yes, even in High School he was known as a druggie.

It was no surprise to me that he had his run-ins with the law later on.  At least he finally learned that fame means nothing when you are looking at a stretch in jail.  From everything I have heard, he has really cleaned up his act in the last 6 years, and is a totally different person.

Besides, anybody that beats up Vanilla Ice in the boxing ring now has my support.  8)

Did you even listen to the Howard Stern Interview?  From my knowledge, it was the listeners who called in and "ambushed" her

Check for new replies or respond here...