inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Suri Cruise picture in Vanity Fair

Written By: star500 on 09/06/06 at 11:36 am

What do you think of TomKat's baby? I think she is a really sweet and very photogenic. I'll admit my first thought was, wow she's looks Asian but she still has years of growing to do and she is only 4 1/2 months old.

I was looking at a website (http://blogs.theage.com.au/trashtalk/archives/2006/09/she_does_exist.html) and I was shocked at the many, many negative comments that were posted about Suri Cruise and her father, Tom. I was also a little angry....there were people saying things like, "Oh, Suri is such an ugly baby...no wonder they kept her hidden for so long," or "It's really an alien!" and "That baby does not look real so I wouldn't be surprised if it was Photoshop'ed. They can do anything these days with computers. The baby looks like a computerised version of what a baby may look like with Cruise and Holmes as parents. The skin is too perfect and has the face of a 3 year old on a tot's body."

Personally I think people are just jealous that say things like that. They are jealous that Tom is so happy and has a beautiful fiancee. These people need to grow up! Tom is entitiled to happiness just like everyone else. 

Subject: Re: Suri Cruise picture in Vanity Fair

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/06/06 at 11:37 am

I think it's retarded that they're making such a big deal out of a baby. 

All babies look like aliens at some point anyway.  The difference is that some of them are cute aliens, and some of them are "OMG" aliens.

Written By: Jessica on 09/06/06 at 11:41 am

I think it's retarded that they're making such a big deal out of a baby. 

All babies look like aliens at some point anyway.  The difference is that some of them are cute aliens, and some of them are "OMG" aliens.

Exactly. Though I hate Tom, I respect them for being so private about her. And I think she's cute. She has his hair and eyes and Katie's facial structure.

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/06/06 at 12:46 pm

I think she's very cute.  People can be so mean. 

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 09/06/06 at 1:06 pm

I should shut my mouth about suri so sorry

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/06/06 at 6:29 pm

http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/suri%20cruise.jpg

Written By: NbC on 09/08/06 at 7:57 am

She is precious.  But I don't see what the big fuss was about in the first place.  I don't blame them for keeping the baby from public view for so long.  Could you imagine all those flashing lights and people coming at her from all angles.  That would be traumatizing.

Written By: Tia on 09/08/06 at 8:36 am

dude... sorry, the hair is sorta FREAKY. :o

Written By: Southern Image on 09/08/06 at 9:38 am

She is cute.

The people are only being mean because Tom had to act like a jackass about everything. I'm not a Tom Cruise fan, but he wrecked his image even more with his all his antics.

So its fair game to make fun of them.

Written By: Gis on 09/08/06 at 10:21 am

I must agree with Tia the hair in that picture does look odd, almost like a wig............
I'm sure it's just a weird angle or something but it does look fake.  :-\\

Written By: Tia on 09/08/06 at 11:10 am

is it just that they didn't cut it? it's like grownup hair on a baby's head.

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/08/06 at 11:37 am

She is cute.

The people are only being mean because Tom had to act like a jackass about everything. I'm not a Tom Cruise fan, but he wrecked his image even more with his all his antics.

So its fair game to make fun of them.

I agree people are mean.

Making fun of him is different than making fun of a baby.  I used to be a fan of Tom but not any more but I would never consider making fun of an innocent child. 

Written By: Tia on 09/08/06 at 11:43 am

well i'm not really making fun of the baby, at least i hope not. it's sorta their job to keep her hair cut yeah?

but at the same time i really am just curious. is that normal to have that big ole bushy hair look for a baby that age?

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/08/06 at 12:50 pm

well i'm not really making fun of the baby, at least i hope not. it's sorta their job to keep her hair cut yeah?

but at the same time i really am just curious. is that normal to have that big ole bushy hair look for a baby that age?

I'm not saying you're making fun of her, the people who were posting on that website were.

I know someone who had to give their 2 month old son a hair cut because he was born with a full head of hair.  Both of my kids had jet black hair (not as much as Suri, and my 2 year old still doesn't have that amount of hair) when they were born, they now have light brown.  Maybe they don't plan on cutting it until she's a year old.  I know a lot of people who wait until the child is a year old before they give them a hair cut.

Written By: Tia on 09/08/06 at 12:53 pm

I'm not saying you're making fun of her, the people who were posting on that website were.

i'm not defensive! who said i was defensive? ;D

I know someone who had to give their 2 month old son a hair cut because he was born with a full head of hair.  Both of my kids had jet black hair (not as much as Suri, and my 2 year old still doesn't have that amount of hair) when they were born, they now have light brown.  Maybe they don't plan on cutting it until she's a year old.  I know a lot of people who wait until the child is a year old before they give them a hair cut.
there's this clip of tom on the ellen degeneres show sketching his baby and he keeps giving the baby more and more hair. it's funny.

i'd be worried though if i were them. what if suri has a hairy back like a timberwolf when she grows up? :o

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/08/06 at 12:57 pm

i'm not defensive! who said i was defensive? ;D
there's this clip of tom on the ellen degeneres show sketching his baby and he keeps giving the baby more and more hair. it's funny.

i'd be worried though if i were them. what if suri has a hairy back like a timberwolf when she grows up? :o

LOL!!!  Where can I see the clip?

At least her dad can afford to pay for her head-to-toe waxing.

Written By: Tia on 09/08/06 at 1:24 pm

i actuAlly can't find it anymore. but i did turn this up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmOKCsGLS30

the whole clip, i've always just seen that damn 15-second bit with the star wars lightning bolt special effects. i'm thinking cocaine, ecstasy doesn't actually make you that annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd_hDEYVvTw

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/08/06 at 7:51 pm

I just saw a larger picture of the Vanity Fair shot...it doesn't look as weird. They're actually outside and her hair is being blown back by the wind and the leather coat wrapped around her makes her hair look my fuller than it actually is.

Written By: NbC on 09/09/06 at 8:56 am

My daughter was born with a full head of hair, so it is quite normal.  In fact, it is very common here.  Here is a picture of her at 3 months. 

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/09/06 at 2:26 pm

My daughter was born with a full head of hair, so it is quite normal.  In fact, it is very common here.  Here is a picture of her at 3 months. 

OMG she is so cute!!!!  How old is she now?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/11/06 at 12:41 am

Suri Cruise?  Sounds like something to do with a big boat, the Caribbean, and old people!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/sleep.gif

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/13/06 at 2:16 am

Exactly. Though I hate Tom, I respect them for being so private about her. And I think she's cute. She has his hair and eyes and Katie's facial structure.

I think that baby is gorgeous!!  Such a sweet face and all that hair.. Yikes.

Check for new replies or respond here...