inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: jack black

Written By: tomario on 09/09/06 at 8:44 am

jack black whats he all about ?hes not funny and cant act.hes a john belushi wannabe and he'll never will be.
i bet he stars in a remake of "animal house"
what do you think

Subject: Re: jack black

Written By: NbC on 09/09/06 at 9:25 am

I find him quite irritating.  What I can't believe is that he was voted as one of the World's Top Natural Beauties.  He came in at number 8.  :o

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/09/06 at 1:05 pm

jack black whats he all about ?hes not funny and cant act.hes a john belushi wannabe and he'll never will be.
i bet he stars in a remake of "animal house"
what do you think

Huh?

Written By: Davester on 09/09/06 at 3:00 pm

He's better at being semi-serious than at being funny...

Where did I read something about a possible Jack Black role as Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)..?  Maybe a joke..?

groove ;) on all...

Written By: Nick Diamond on 09/09/06 at 3:04 pm

The White Stripes took care of him on MTV  since the hardest button to button is the first button

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/06 at 3:22 pm

Jack Black?  He's nothing extrordinary, but he's got some talent.  I've enjoyed his performances is some movies over the years.  He did a great job in "High Fidelity" as the obnoxious record store clerk.  That's a true stereotype, though it's becoming obsolete as record stores become a thing of the past.
Actually, I can't watch "High Fidelity," good though it is, too much of what Cusack's character goes through is waaay to close to home for me!
:-[

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/09/06 at 3:55 pm

I liked him in Saving Silverman and School of Rock.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/09/06 at 4:07 pm

I also enjoyed his character in High Fidelity, Shallow Hal, Saving Silverman, but found him rather lame and boring & not funny on VMA's.

Written By: whistledog on 09/09/06 at 4:45 pm

When I first took notice of Jack Black, was in High Fidelity, but I'd recognized him from The Jackal (in which he gets killed by Bruce Willis LOL).  I thought he was real annoying, but as I saw more of his movies, I grew to like him.  I loved him in Envy.  That movie busted me up big time ;D

Written By: tomario on 09/09/06 at 7:44 pm

:-[ just me then  :D

Written By: KKay on 09/11/06 at 10:20 am

he is GREAT in Bob Roberts as the over-zealous ultra right young follower of the politician.

he has his moments. i think he's great.

Written By: Gis on 09/11/06 at 1:48 pm

I liked Shallow Hal and I thought his cameo was so funny in Anchorman.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/11/06 at 3:47 pm

OMG!! I think he is soooooo funny. I laughed so hard at Nacho Libre when it came out in the theaters. I love his facial expressions, and evidently the Foo Fighters like him too, since hes in a lot of their videos.

Written By: Gis on 09/11/06 at 4:03 pm

I love his facial expressions, and evidently the Foo Fighters like him too, since hes in a lot of their videos.
And Dave Grohl plays in Tenacious D too.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/12/06 at 3:37 am

Don't know much about him other than he was in Tenacious D, the comedy-rock duo a few years ago, as well as the movie School of Rock which sucked, in my opinion.

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/12/06 at 9:25 am

I liked him in:

School of Rock
Cameo in Anchor Man
Envy
Nacho Libre
The Foo Fighter videos
Tenacious D

I didn't like him in

King Kong

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/18/06 at 8:00 am

there's something about Jack Black that I really like. I think he is pretty funny...and believe it or not, I think he is cute...he has a nifty little smile.....although, I've never been the one to fall for the "pretty boy" types. :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/06 at 11:21 am

I liked him in:

School of Rock
Orange County
Shallow Hal
Tenacious D
Anchor Man cameo

He was ok in:

Nacho Libre
King Kong

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/18/06 at 11:59 am

there's something about Jack Black that I really like. I think he is pretty funny...and believe it or not, I think he is cute...he has a nifty little smile.....although, I've never been the one to fall for the "pretty boy" types. :D

You're not the first woman I've heard say hes cute.

Written By: La Roche on 09/18/06 at 6:07 pm

Hilarious!

Already have my tickets to see the D in December.

I have to echo other sentiments here.. Nacho Libre and King Kong just sucked overall.. he couldn't save them.

Written By: woops on 09/18/06 at 6:25 pm

He's annoying  :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/18/06 at 7:47 pm

You're not the first woman I've heard say hes cute.

see....those are the types that I usually find myself attractive to...it's never the typical "pretty boy" popular ones (well, with the exception of Johnny Depp...most people think he is pretty hot). ;)

Written By: gmann on 09/19/06 at 11:12 pm

Haven't seen all of Jack's films, but I loved him in "High Fidelity" and "Orange County".

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/28/06 at 1:43 pm

Hilarious!

Already have my tickets to see the D in December.

I have to echo other sentiments here.. Nacho Libre and King Kong just sucked overall.. he couldn't save them.

Whaaaaaaaaaat? You didn't like Nacho Libre? You need to see it with me then. ;)

Written By: Stompgal on 09/29/06 at 8:49 am

I've seen Shark Tale and Nacho Libre and they're funny films. Nacho Libre is also a bit disgusting.

Check for new replies or respond here...