inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rock Star: Supernova FINALE! Who's gonna watch? Who's gonna win?

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/13/06 at 4:04 pm

It has all come down to tonight. This very night at 8/7 Central on CBS (Yes, that's a plug! A very shameless plug!  ::)), the last four standing -- Toby, Magni, Lukas, and Dilana -- will have what it takes to impress Supernova and one of them will be fronting the supergroup by the end of this historic show.

Who's gonna watch? Oh you know I'm gonna watch! (How could I not? This is the best reality show ever... which isn't saying much because 99.9% of all reality shows suck.... but this one rocks my socks every time it comes on!) Please make sure you watch at the bolded time and bolded network.

Who do you think is going to win. My vote goes to Dilana. She's the only girl left, although Storm Large (the REAL winner) was unjustly eliminated. Plus, she sang "Roxanne" better than Chris's wretched version. But if they go with Toby, they at least have a potential hit single: "Uh-oh, uh-oh, uh-oh, uh-oh." Catchy stuff! Dilana all the way! Go Dilana!    :)

Subject: Re: Rock Star: Supernova FINALE! Who's gonna watch? Who's gonna win?

Written By: Gis on 09/13/06 at 4:19 pm

Hmm watched it for the first time on monday night and thought it was absolute sheeshe. Storm was appalling and I'm not surprised she has been voted out. The only one with 'Star Quality' written all over him was Magni. So, er, no I won't be hurrying to turn on.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/13/06 at 4:36 pm

There's no way you watched it on Monday if you live in the U.S. because it is only on Tuesday and Wednesday. And plus, even if you did watch it on Monday, it would have been the best show you've ever seen since ... ever. It is physically impossible to hate this show... ever. You can hate the singers, but not the show itself. It can't be done; this finale must be watched by the entire nation for the sake of humanity!  :) :D ;D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/13/06 at 7:52 pm

GO LUKAS!!!!!!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/13/06 at 8:17 pm

Seen the shorts of it, doesn't do anything for me, I'm afraid. Even the INXS version last year had more credibility than Supernova.

Written By: Gis on 09/14/06 at 2:45 am

There's no way you watched it on Monday if you live in the U.S. because it is only on Tuesday and Wednesday. And plus, even if you did watch it on Monday, it would have been the best show you've ever seen since ... ever. It is physically impossible to hate this show... ever. You can hate the singers, but not the show itself. It can't be done; this finale must be watched by the entire nation for the sake of humanity!  :) :D ;D
Well probably because I actually live in the U.K I did watch it on monday. I found the show boring, the format tired and done a million times before on all the various reality T.V 'talent' shows. I thought Dave Navarro especially was on such a self worship trip. As I said before the only one who really stood out was Magni. As to who won I really couldn't care less.

Written By: Zoso on 09/14/06 at 7:57 am

People will diss this just because it is a reality show, and because of the people involved (alot of people have strong feelings about Dave Navarro and Tommy Lee). But I love Rock Star: Supernova. It's a great oppurtunity for unsigned artists to expose their original music. It's also great entertainment and the contestants are a million times better than anyone on Idol. I think the show is the greatest thing on TV. Too bad it's over. I started rooting for Lukas since he sung Creep. That blew me away, and since then I was rooting for him. However, I am kind of dissapointed he won. He had a more promising career as a solo artist. His original music is awesome. I love Headspin!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/14/06 at 8:12 am

Wouldn't surprise me if the producers know who will win from the start. The show just seems like a publicity stunt.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/14/06 at 8:46 am

People will diss this just because it is a reality show, and because of the people involved (alot of people have strong feelings about Dave Navarro and Tommy Lee). But I love Rock Star: Supernova. It's a great oppurtunity for unsigned artists to expose their original music. It's also great entertainment and the contestants are a million times better than anyone on Idol. I think the show is the greatest thing on TV. Too bad it's over. I started rooting for Lukas since he sung Creep. That blew me away, and since then I was rooting for him. However, I am kind of dissapointed he won. He had a more promising career as a solo artist. His original music is awesome. I love Headspin!

Wouldn't surprise me if the producers know who will win from the start. The show just seems like a publicity stunt.
I think they do.....I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but during the Survivor commercial that played BEFORE they announced the winner, Lukas was singing ;)

Written By: Zoso on 09/15/06 at 7:11 am

2 new Supernova songs with Lukas singing with the band have been put on myspace. http://myspace.com/supernova

sounding really good! the album will be awesome

Written By: whistledog on 09/15/06 at 2:08 pm

Lukas Rossi won Rock Star: Supernova
J.D. Fortune won Rock Star: INXS

Both singers are from the Greater Toronto Area!  Go Canada! 8)

Written By: Zoso on 09/17/06 at 10:21 am

hell yeh! canada is pumping out the talent.

Check for new replies or respond here...