inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: American Idol... the Next Season...

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/13/06 at 5:25 pm

Well, today I learned that the 17-year-old daughter of my hair dresser just did her third audition for Idol and finally got "thru to Hollywood".  :)

Apparently Simon was being a butt munch and told her to stop singing her song and "to sng something else".  Then they let her through.

She's to report to Hollywood, I think, in November.  (Meanwhile her Mom just had a baby boy...)   :)

Can't wait to see the show when it rolls...

Subject: Re: American Idol... then Next Season...

Written By: WalkerP20 on 09/13/06 at 6:17 pm

Please Cancel this show

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 09/13/06 at 6:38 pm

i hate american idol i just dont get it the songs that they sing like ballads havent even been popular in music this decade so what makes it so popular?

Written By: whistledog on 09/13/06 at 11:21 pm

Well, today I learned that the 17-year-old daughter of my hair dresser just did her third audition for Idol and finally got "thru to Hollywood".  :)

Apparently Simon was being a butt munch and told her to stop singing her song and "to sng something else".  Then they let her through.

She's to report to Hollywood, I think, in November.  (Meanwhile her Mom just had a baby boy...)   :)

Can't wait to see the show when it rolls...

The real story here?  Why do you have a hair dresser? ;D :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/13/06 at 11:22 pm

i hate american idol i just dont get it the songs that they sing like ballads havent even been popular in music this decade so what makes it so popular?

Wait....so if the music isn't current, therefore it sucks and shouldn't be sung?

Great logic, dude.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/13/06 at 11:50 pm

I'd sooner join the "County Fair Cow Pie Eating Contest" than audition for "American Idol"...
Not that anybody asked.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cowsleep.gif

BTW, Lyricboy, you don't have a "hairdresser," you have a "hair stylist,"  at least that I what I thought they preferred to be called!
;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/14/06 at 6:45 am

The real story here?  Why do you have a hair dresser? ;D :P

I'd sooner join the "County Fair Cow Pie Eating Contest" than audition for "American Idol"...
Not that anybody asked.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cowsleep.gif

BTW, Lyricboy, you don't have a "hairdresser," you have a "hair stylist,"  at least that I what I thought they preferred to be called!
;)

Yeah... the story about her daughter is true.

Hair dresser?  Well I would not call her a "barber".  I guess the politically correct term should be "the woman who cuts and colors my hair".  (Yeah... colors.  Otherwise I would look like Captain Kangaroo.  I was pretty much full grey when I was 33).

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/14/06 at 11:44 am

It's really time to end this show. I'm bored with it already.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/14/06 at 5:37 pm

Yeah... the story about her daughter is true.

Hair dresser?  Well I would not call her a "barber".  I guess the politically correct term should be "the woman who cuts and colors my hair".  (Yeah... colors.  Otherwise I would look like Captain Kangaroo.  I was pretty much full grey when I was 33).

So was Steve Martin, and he did OK for himself!  Anyway, I liked Captain Kangaroo!
;)

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 09/15/06 at 4:34 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/16/06 at 3:08 am

im not saying i dont like the type of music i like alot of ballad type songs i just dont understand why its so popular on the show when that type of music isnt really being played that much on radio or mtv dosent mean i dont like it i just think the show is silly plus when they get on the show they basiclly sign their lives and careers away for about 4 years

Have you heard of commas, semi colons, periods and ellipises?

Subject: Re: American Idol... the Next Season...

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 09/16/06 at 9:42 am

ever heard of being a little bitch i swear every board i go onto your  bitching about something

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/16/06 at 1:52 pm

ever heard of being a little bitch i swear every board i go onto your  bitching about something

Who me?
;)

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 09/16/06 at 4:23 pm

lol no not u

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/16/06 at 4:29 pm

Ooooh, you called me a bitch.  I'm like....so scared.  Hold me.

There's a difference between being a bitch and bitching about something.  Quel surprise!

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 09/16/06 at 9:21 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/16/06 at 9:27 pm

I'm just tired of you having a nasty comment about everything I say.  If you dont like it, just pretend you dont see it.  I have never had any problem with anyone here except you.  Fighting over the internet is a little childish, don't you think?

Okay.

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 09/16/06 at 11:45 pm

[quote author=

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/18/06 at 7:15 am

lol

childish, schmildish.

you're all crazy

and i love mondays

and you can all eat glass

and stop fighting

you all suck.

Check for new replies or respond here...