inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dawson College Massacre in Montreal

Written By: star500 on 09/14/06 at 7:27 pm

The shooting in Montreal was a terrible tragedy. It was brutal and senseless act from a crazy man. I am from Canada and I am constantly thinking, it could have been my college that they hit. But you can't worry about these things all the time or you will go insane. I just hope they can change the gun laws and maybe make them more strict. It's almost like Columbine all over again. Also, the the man who shot all those people, ironcly played a roleplaying game about the Columbine shooting. Go figure :-\\ Oh well.

Subject: Re: Dawson College Massacre in Montreal

Written By: WalkerP20 on 09/14/06 at 8:44 pm

Here are some pictures of the scumbag

http://graphics10.nytimes.com/images/2006/09/14/world/14canada2.190.jpg

http://graphics10.nytimes.com/images/2006/09/14/world/14canada.190.jpg

Looks evil to me.  Seems to me like he was obsessed over the 1999 Columbine shooting and wanted to emulate it hoping he would become some cult figure and have movies made after him  ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/14/06 at 8:46 pm

^ I wouldn't generalize like that.  There are many people who look even worse/uglier/meaner than that guy but still wouldn't harm a fly.  I will agree that in the end, his actions were evil.  Actions and appearance don't always go hand in hand though.

Written By: WalkerP20 on 09/14/06 at 9:02 pm

^ I wouldn't generalize like that.  There are many people who look even worse/uglier/meaner than that guy but still wouldn't harm a fly.  I will agree that in the end, his actions were evil.  Actions and appearance don't always go hand in hand though.

When I said that he looked evil, I meant because of the Weapons he is holding in both pictures

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/14/06 at 9:18 pm

When I said that he looked evil, I meant because of the Weapons he is holding in both pictures

Fair enough.  I've taken some goofy pictures while brandishing similar weapons too.

Written By: WalkerP20 on 09/15/06 at 7:25 pm

Can you guys believe that there was yet another School Shooting/Massacre attempt earlier today?  The 2 teens were planning a "Columbine" like attack.  Luckily enough their plot was discovered before any damage was done and i'm sure they'll be thrown in prison for a good deal of their lives.  They claim they were obsessed over the Columbine attacks

Now it's just getting too out of hand

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/15/06 at 9:32 pm

The shooting in Montreal was a terrible tragedy. It was brutal and senseless act from a crazy man. I am from Canada and I am constantly thinking, it could have been my college that they hit. But you can't worry about these things all the time or you will go insane. I just hope they can change the gun laws and maybe make them more strict. It's almost like Columbine all over again. Also, the the man who shot all those people, ironcly played a roleplaying game about the Columbine shooting. Go figure :-\\ Oh well.

Why not ban the video games instead of the guns?  And the trenchcoats?  And the heavy metal and goth music?  Anything but banning asshattery!

Written By: WalkerP20 on 09/15/06 at 9:37 pm

Why not ban the video games instead of the guns?  And the trenchcoats?  And the heavy metal and goth music?  Anything but banning asshattery!

Along with that, they should try and stop "Bullying".  That's the trigger of most school shootings.

I'm amazed that kids today are still so ignorant and arrogant that they have yet to learn a lesson from past school shootings, so they still go around bullying other kids just to boost their own popularity.

Bullies sicken me.  Arrogant prats

Written By: Ebontyne on 09/17/06 at 11:30 am

It is pretty scary how Columbine continues to hold the imaginations of disturbed young people. It was already over 7 years ago... But there's this whole mythology that seems to have grown up around the event and its perpetrators; you hear about people wanting to do something "Columbine-like," or even to try to outdo it. It's sort of become the benchmark for teenage psychopaths.

Montreal has seen this sort of thing before, by the way ... In 1989 some guy entered the

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/06 at 11:18 am

Here are some pictures of the scumbag

http://graphics10.nytimes.com/images/2006/09/14/world/14canada2.190.jpg

http://graphics10.nytimes.com/images/2006/09/14/world/14canada.190.jpg

Looks evil to me.  Seems to me like he was obsessed over the 1999 Columbine shooting and wanted to emulate it hoping he would become some cult figure and have movies made after him  ::)

He's definetly a creep.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/18/06 at 10:45 pm

Montreal has seen this sort of thing before, by the way ... In 1989 some guy entered the

Check for new replies or respond here...